I love the blue chairs

Comment

nice pics kuya bb!
            thanks for sharing.

did you meet pedring there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

thanks for sharing those pix... i will go there...... someday.. tsk tsk tsk..

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                nice pics kuya bb!
                thanks for sharing.

did you meet pedring there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Actually I was there 9/26 (Monday) when Pedring was about to enter PAR. When Pedring was devastating Northern Luzon, we were going around Batanes and my wife actually got sunburned. We returned on Thursday, just when they announced Quiel was approaching. I guess we were lucky.

Btw, I uploaded some waypoints and a small track segment. Was so fascinated about the place that I forgot to save more waypoints.

Comment

Very nice photography kuya! The place really does not have that traditional Philippine "look"... makes me think of pictures I've seen of Italy or some other Mediterranean country. The place is really very beautiful despite it being right in almost every typhoon's path...

Comment

Do they rent boats to go fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
                      Do they rent boats to go fishing?
                      Yes they do. Hard to bring back any fish you catch though, limit in the plane is only 10kgs. Lots of game fish too, depending on the date.

Comment

Thanks BB. Will plan a fishing trip next year around April/May. Should be the billfish season then. 10kg max? Or you can bring more but pay excess baggage?

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
                          Thanks BB. Will plan a fishing trip next year around April/May. Should be the billfish season then. 10kg max? Or you can bring more but pay excess baggage?
                          I think you can pay excess baggage. Hoping I can fish there too (and ride around more).

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                            I think you can pay excess baggage. Hoping I can fish there too (and ride around more).
                            I would love to ride around Batanes too. The challenge is you would need to drive up to Aparri then another 230km boat ride to Basco. Having your bikes on the plane is just waaaayy expensive I would assume.

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
                              I would love to ride around Batanes too. The challenge is you would need to drive up to Aparri then another 230km boat ride to Basco. Having your bikes on the plane is just waaaayy expensive I would assume.
                              There is no RORO from Aparri. Vehicles are shipped all the way from Manila port. You can always rent there though.

Comment

Working...
                              X