No announcement yet.

How to install RG Navitel Map in iOS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't really matter whether you have NM2 or NM3. Navitel will recognize both. The important thing is you know where you transferred(copied/added) those map tiles to your iPhone using your itunes and you should point navitel to that directory so it could index your map atlas properly. My advice, take notice of the directory/folder where you added those maps when using your itunes. That is the most critical part.

Comment

Guys,

Can I download instead Navitel Navigator Eastern europe then selecting Kyrgyzstan map instead ? Its cheaper. It costs $24.99

Originally posted by southerncarguy View Post
      I just installed Navitel 5.0.0.907 on my iPad following this how-to. No issues whatsoever.

As mentioned previously, download the Belarus version from the app store as this is the smallest file. The Belarus version is only 111MB, Ukraine is next at 288mb and the Russian version is a whopping 1.52GB!

When downloading from the app store - the country names will be shown in Cyrillic, so you need to identify the Belarus app by its flag, this is what it looks like...

I tried to delete the Belarus map from my iPad after installing the RG map, but app would not run, so had to restore the back-up from my PC.

For reference, here's my iPad, iTunes and Navitel info

Navitel Version : 5.0.0.907
      iOS: 4.3.5
      iTunes: 10.4.0.80

HTH

Comment

Need to be a bit careful with this reply.

1. If you are sure that you are getting the program as well as the map, then sure go ahead with the cheaper on. Just make sure you are paying for the program and the map, and not just the map.

2. After all after you installed already, you can then install the RG navitel map and whatever map you paid for will only matter if you needed to go to that place

The program is multi language, you can pick what language you want at initial start up after installation.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Looks like I am in the same situation as Chito. Can't find the phil maps.
          I downloaded Navitel version 5.03.222 for ios with Turkey map.

Any suggestions ?

Originally posted by chinobuenviaje View Post
          Thanks for your response. I've attached (img 16) the atlas I've created and when I selected this atlas, the RG map still is not activated see attached result (img 17)

Thanks.

Comment

Bong, not sure what you mean.

1. Did you download the RG Navitel map Here?

2. Did you run the exe file in your PC and then transfer the map files into your idevice? Step by step in the first page of this topic http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4461

If you are having problems, please post specific details. Sorry I am not an iOS user really, I tested it on ipod touch, but because I don't bring it with me everyday I stopped using it. Hopefully someone who is an iOS addict can also help out here, but please post the specific issues first.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Sir Arvin,

I got the Iphone 4s, Navitel app, and roadguide map working after 2 days of tinkering!

I'm using the Navitel Belarus version 5.1.0.97 for iOS.
              Previously, I installed Navitel Turkey version.

There are modifications to the step-by-step guide on page 1.
              The roadguide maps should be copied to the folder : /Documents/NavitelContent/Download

and not to folder: /Documents

I used ifunbox to copy the maps to the iPhone.

In my opinion, the software is not recognizing maps in the documents folder but in the download folder.

Afterwards create the Atlas, Select the Atlas, Index, then select OK.

I will erase the Navitel app in the iPhone 4s and do the installation again to confirm if my modified steps are correct.

BTW, I have observed that if you erase the app then reinstall, the trial period does not reset back to 30 days. So, you can't erase the app then reinstall to circumvent the trial period.

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
              Bong, not sure what you mean.

1. Did you download the RG Navitel map Here?

2. Did you run the exe file in your PC and then transfer the map files into your idevice? Step by step in the first page of this topic http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4461

If you are having problems, please post specific details. Sorry I am not an iOS user really, I tested it on ipod touch, but because I don't bring it with me everyday I stopped using it. Hopefully someone who is an iOS addict can also help out here, but please post the specific issues first.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Sir Arvin,

Is possible to install the open street maps in the Navitel Software iOS ?
                Do you know where I can download osm ?

Comment

Bong,

Thanks for the info, I will update the first page with your info.

Regarding your questions, OSM, you just google Open Street Maps and you should get to their page, but then OSM Philippines does not yet convert to nm2 for Navitel, so I think you can't install from OSM.

It would be nice if more community map makers follow RG and offer free Navitel maps, but alas, only RG offers it for Philippines, Navigasi offers in Indonesia, heck Malsing maps as far as I know do offer navitel maps yet.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Hello Sir Arvin,

I will learn this Navitel and be a contributor soon.

Comment

Trial Period for Navitel iOS

Hi iOS users,

I successfully installed navitel and the RG maps in my iPod Touch, however, I am not sure if the GPS will work on a Lite Activation mode. although in clicking satellit it says ' Connected (over GPS API)'.

Please advise guys.

Comment

Not sure if Ipod Touch has GPS already or not. I have the 3rd Gen and I am sure it does not have built in GPS. At most you might be able to use AGPS or using your Wifi or IP position.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by bongbenitez View Post
                          Sir Arvin,

I got the Iphone 4s, Navitel app, and roadguide map working after 2 days of tinkering!

I'm using the Navitel Belarus version 5.1.0.97 for iOS.
                          Previously, I installed Navitel Turkey version.

There are modifications to the step-by-step guide on page 1.
                          The roadguide maps should be copied to the folder : /Documents/NavitelContent/Download

and not to folder: /Documents

I used ifunbox to copy the maps to the iPhone.

In my opinion, the software is not recognizing maps in the documents folder but in the download folder.

Afterwards create the Atlas, Select the Atlas, Index, then select OK.
                          How can i transfer the road maps to Documents/Navitelcontent/Download? because every time i add the maps in the file sharing on the iTunes it just always goes to the download and cannot transfer to navitelcontent.

Hope you can help. thanks

Comment

Fly,

Did you try the stuff on the first page?
                            http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....95&postcount=1

Did you use ifunbox?

I am not an iOS expert though.

Comment

I tried the stuff on the first page. Ok, I'll try ifunbox

Thanks

Comment

Ifunbox worked. Got the maps installed in my iPad with navitel ver.5

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X