No announcement yet.

How to install RG Navitel Map in iOS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took awhile to figure out the install. Thanks to this thread!

I noticed something though...

Check out this picture. What's not right?

The Belarus version is the cheapest compared to the Russian versiion. $39.99 vs $59.99?

Comment

How to install RG.ph Map for Navitel, if no PC?

I like the idea of not having to use Garmin GPS, and with Navitel offering other platforms such as Android and IOS, one will have an alternative to Garmin.

But how do iPhone users (who love MAC rather than PC) going to install the RG Maps?

Your instructions on How to Install involves the use of a PC!

Similarly if one has an Android Tablet like Samsung Galaxy Tab and don't have a PC, how would they install the Maps?

Is there not locked, uncompressed gmappsup.img, such Contributors could Download and put on an SD Card directly, without needing a PC?

Comment

Hardright, sorry your post is quite old but I only saw this. The thing you are seeing is a known issue with Navitel 5.0 version, the 3.0 versions do not have this. However it is only graphical, meaning it will still route correctly. It has something to do with nm2 and nm3 maps for Navitel. Nm2 maps is what RG is offering.

Britster,
        The tongue in cheek answer to your question is, that the persons who made these "How tos" are PC users, I am very indifferent with Macs, so persons who love Macs and use them are 100% very much welcome to please make a Mac how to for Navitel

Now my serious answer is, unfortunately the way the maps are compiled by the Admins involves the exe file which then extracts the files necessary. However once the files are extracted, you can then just work with the nm2 files and those are the ones you install into your device.

The short of it is, maybe if there are that many MAC users out there that want to use Navitel, maybe you can start a thread here asking the Admins to agree to maybe just offer the Navitel maps in zip format? As it is, it ain't my call

At least for us Ubuntu/Linux Users, it is way easy to work with the RG Navitel map! Using Wine. Maybe you half eaten apple fans out there can try a "windows emulator" like wine

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Navitel on iphone 4s

Hi Guys,

Would greatly appreciate your advice/feedback on my questions below:

1. Will navitel work when you're not connected to the internet? Or will it work the same as other garmin mobile application where it does not require to be connected to the internet?
          2. Is the USD 39 fee a one time fee only?

Thanks!

Alvin

Comment

Originally posted by chinobuenviaje View Post
            1. Will navitel work when you're not connected to the internet? Or will it work the same as other garmin mobile application where it does not require to be connected to the internet?
            Yes, and will work same as other GPS navigation devices connecting to satellites and not the internet...

Comment

As long as your idevice has a built in GPS then Navitel will work offline. It is in fact an offline GPS. I am not sure which idevices now have built in GPS.

Yes it is one time fee as I understand it, the Map is free from RG, but if you are going to Europe you will need to buy the maps for other countries. There is a free map for Indonesia as well (navigasi).

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Thanks, Borgie!

Comment

Thanks, Arvin!

Comment

Navitel 5.0.3.222 (lite)

Hi,

Would appreciate your assistance as I can't seem to install the RG map in my iphone 4s and I'm stuck at step #3 below...

3. Now Open Navitel from you i-device and go to menu/settings/map/Open Atlas. (I can't find the "Open Atlas")

I have managed to copy the RG map using the itunes and transferred it on my phone (step#2).

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi,

Would appreciate your assistance as I can't seem to install the RG map in my iphone 4s and I'm stuck at step #3 below...

3. Now Open Navitel from you i-device and go to menu/settings/map/Open Atlas. (I can't find the "Open Atlas")

I have managed to copy the RG map using the itunes and transferred it on my phone (step#2).

Thanks in advance!
                      just browse/point to where (that folder in your phone) the RG navitel map tiles were transferred/copied to using itunes... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                        just browse/point to where (that folder in your phone) the RG navitel map tiles were transferred/copied to using itunes... HTH
                        Thanks for your response. I've attached (img 16) the atlas I've created and when I selected this atlas, the RG map still is not activated see attached result (img 17)

Thanks.
                        Attached Files

Comment

You might have not pointed to the right folder as Sir Borgie said when creating your atlas as there should be several (8) map tiles there and not only 1.
                          Last edited by jayteecie; 02-29-2012, 06:46.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I've attached (img 16) the atlas I've created and when I selected this atlas, the RG map still is not activated see attached result (img 17)

Thanks.
                            Suggest you locate first that folder where the RG map tiles are in your iPhone using explorer. Then in navitel, look for/point to that folder BEFORE creating the atlas...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                              Suggest you locate first that folder where the RG map tiles are in your iPhone using explorer. Then in navitel, look for/point to that folder BEFORE creating the atlas...
                              Will try that and let you know if im successful
                              Thanks a lot!

Comment

Will try that and let you know if im successful
                                Thanks a lot!
                                Hi Borgie,

Maybe the reason I can't locate the file is that the RG map in in nm2 format and while the Belarus map is in nm3 format? (please see attached).

Thanks!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X