How to install RG Navitel Map in iOS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to install RG Navitel Map in iOS devices

Thanks to RG members Kinyo, Jayteecie and Registrar for giving feedback on how to install the RG Navitel map onto navitel running under iOS.

1. First of all install Navitel onto your i-device, best way is to just download using appstore. It might take time so best to use wifi for this. Most probably you will have no choice but to install Navitel Ver. 5.0++ this is okay because RG map will still work fairly well.

Trial version is for 30 days only, the nice thing is that you can load the RG Navitel map onto your 30day trial Navitel! If you like it, I suggest you pay for an unlock key.

Download the Roadguide Navitel Compatible Map install it onto your PC. The files can be found in C:/jklinc/navitel folder and in nm2 file format.

2. Once you are done installing Navitel into your ipod/iphone/ipad (i-device), and the RG Navitel compatible map onto your PC, you then connect your i-device to your laptop that has itunes. Run itunes. On itunes to the apps tab and scroll down to see File Sharing portion, you should already be able to see Navitel in the left hand side under Apps. Click on Navitel and you should see the document folder for Navitel.

Now using Windows file explorer, go to C:/jklinc/navitel, highlight then drag and drop all the files into itunes Navitel Documents. You won't be able to drop it in any of the other folders in there, just drop them in the documents folder for navitel. iTunes will then save those files to your i-device already. Wait until everything is finished, then eject your i-device from your PC.

Above image shows the luzon.nm2 map already dropped in the Navitel Documents page.

3. Now Open Navitel from you i-device and go to menu/settings/map/Open Atlas. You will see only 1 Atlas which is the preinstalled one.

On the bottom center of the screen click on the folder icon. You will then go to the Create Atlas page.

*Read at bottom for new update
    Click on the folder again and then two more times until you get to see the Documents folder with a blue globe icon.
    Tap on Documents, and then tap on Create Atlas. Wait until the Atlas is finished.
    Then go back to menu/settings/map/Open Atlas and there should be already 2 Atlases, the new one is called Documents. Tap on this and tap on Select, then Yes. This activates the map for your use.

UPDATE:
    (By Bong)
    The roadguide maps should be copied to the folder : /Documents/NavitelContent/Download
    and not to folder: /Documents
    I used ifunbox to copy the maps to the iPhone.
    In my opinion, the software is not recognizing maps in the documents folder but in the download folder.
    Afterwards create the Atlas, Select the Atlas, Index, then select OK.
    Last edited by arvin555; 03-30-2012, 22:28.

Reserved!

Comment

Awesome How To Tuts! Great job Kuya! Didn't know there's a file sharing option down there til now. Thanks Kuyas!
      Time to spread the love to other iSites.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Oh and please stop calling me Sir! Chances are I'm younger than you, but I sure heck will not talk about my age here in public forum
        Cheers!
        TTFN
        Arvin
        Sir arvin555 - err...
        @arvin555 was wondering how Navitel behaves in your ios installations. I downloaded the app with the Belarus map and went on trial mode on my ipad 2. The thing is it goes thru the process of the trial key activation everytime the Navitel app starts up so an internet connection is required. Solution would be not to close it and keep it in the background? Also an email from Navitel asia confirms that you have to go thru Istore if you want to get a license key and not thru them.

Comment

More screenshots to come, just got too sleepy last night.

Jayteecie, yes it's built in, but it is only available for specific applications and those applications have specific Documents folders so you really are going to be restricted, still, better than nothing, better than having to download another software (free or not).

Sir Registrar ,

Yes I have noticed that too, and yes just this morning, after not turning my ipod touch off, navitel is still on and didn't need a new Trial key download. So yeah if you don't want to have to do this all the time, keep the unit on or on standby but not fully off. Of course, if you are happy with it, probably best to buy a key, I think that maybe you are better off buying from istore, it might be easier than buying form navitel.asia... maybe. But well that is the restriction. I am pretty sure apple made sure that it was done that way so they can control the sales/income

Keep in mind guys, I am not an idevice fan, heck my ipod touch does not have any GPS functionality, just that I know there are quite a few out there, and with your great help we are able to come up with this How to.

hehehe, couldn't resist bashing iOS again Soweee!

Comment

Keep up the good work, Arvin!

Comment

It wasn't me, it was thanks to you guys, it not for you guys we wouldn't have known it was possible

Comment

OT: Yehey! Sige, group hug tayo!

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
                  OT: Yehey! Sige, group hug tayo!

kuya arvin will surely like this J/K
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Jayteecie there are only 4 of us who made this possible, but 5 in the photo! Unkel HBT joined in eh?

Manga Baliw!
                    (Crazy!)

Let's go back to work, we are cluttering the How to :sly:

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                      Jayteecie there are only 4 of us who made this possible, but 5 in the photo! Unkel HBT joined in eh?

Manga Baliw!
                      (Crazy!)

Let's go back to work, we are cluttering the How to :sly:
                      kuya arv, thats a different level of pr0n...you guys shifted already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji View Post
                        kuya arv, thats a different level of pr0n...you guys shifted already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pssst! Hey kuyas not here, or else the people who I try to help will not take me seriously.

But in my defense it was Jayteecie who posted it!

Can't even see myself in the photo, what with all the abs being covered. I could recognize my abs anywhere even if my face was covered!

Comment

I just installed Navitel 5.0.0.907 on my iPad following this how-to. No issues whatsoever.

As mentioned previously, download the Belarus version from the app store as this is the smallest file. The Belarus version is only 111MB, Ukraine is next at 288mb and the Russian version is a whopping 1.52GB!

When downloading from the app store - the country names will be shown in Cyrillic, so you need to identify the Belarus app by its flag, this is what it looks like...

I tried to delete the Belarus map from my iPad after installing the RG map, but app would not run, so had to restore the back-up from my PC.

For reference, here's my iPad, iTunes and Navitel info

Navitel Version : 5.0.0.907
                            iOS: 4.3.5
                            iTunes: 10.4.0.80

HTH

Comment

Haha how about that by luck I downloaded the right version that was lighter.

followed instructions, installed app and maps into iphone4. am still afraid that this will be eating up bandwidth, but apparently works when I just turn on location services (that's usually off for me) and wifi. will see how it does over the next few days...

Thanks !

Comment

Working...
                              X