Navitel Observation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
    gps booster in the android market is incompatible with the sgs2, it says...
    I dunno, but it works, 5 minutes against 50 seconds. Also once started, a popup will appear saying gps booster failed, but what can I say? It worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
      I dunno, but it works, 5 minutes against 50 seconds. Also once started, a popup will appear saying gps booster failed, but what can I say? It worked.
      whre did you download it?

Comment

Originally posted by travelbug View Post
        whre did you download it?
        From the android market, why? Doesn't it appear on your S2's market? The app's name is GPS Booster by Octy

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
          From the android market, why? Doesn't it appear on your S2's market? The app's name is GPS Booster by Octy
          you cant download apps that wont work on your device from the android market.

Comment

@Jan:
            I will try to produce the gdb file when I pass by M.H. del Pilar again.

@hbt:
            My firmware is Gingerbread 2.3.3, now rooted thanks to Travelbug's guidance.

@arvin555:
            1) a) Mine is also set to Lock On Road Auto.
            b) Reset Position is actually for the system to go back to your current location screen after you swipe the map around. Since Navitel gives you a chance to look at the surrounding roads/POIs even when you are in the Routing/Map screen, this Reset Position value (mine is set to 5sec) is the amount of time before it automatically brings the screen back to where your vehicle icon is.
            c) Based on the guys here, they say this off-route guidance must be put to highest. I will try that when I get the chance. I've only put mine in the middle, because the problem with too much sensitivity is that whenever you have very low signals, sometimes it would think you are going off-route, when the truth of the matter is, Navitel is the one producing all the drifting. Navitel would then say "off-route, recalculating" n-number of times (annoying), until it gets decent signals again and get a road lock.

I will try the simulation route when I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
              @yaozer
              noticed you have a viliv tablet. Was planning way back to get this instead of the ipad 2 because it has the sirf iii gps chipset. Do you think the winmo Navitel version would work on this?
              registrar, I doubt it, my Viliv S5 uses Windows 7, so I have Garmin Mobile PC instead, and Roadguide's Garmin Map installed. In my opinion, Garmin Mobile PC would probably be better than Navitel (on a Viliv S5) since it is a more mature (and more popular) navigation software.

Comment

Originally posted by yaozer View Post
                @Jan:
                just make a waypoint in mapsource. no need fr gps track. kindly put it near to where you were told to "keep right"
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

@Jan:

@hbt:
                  My firmware is Gingerbread 2.3.3, now rooted thanks to Travelbug's guidance.

@arvin555:
                  1) a) Mine is also set to Lock On Road Auto.
                  b) Reset Position is actually for the system to go back to your current location screen after you swipe the map around. Since Navitel gives you a chance to look at the surrounding roads/POIs even when you are in the Routing/Map screen, this Reset Position value (mine is set to 5sec) is the amount of time before it automatically brings the screen back to where your vehicle icon is.
                  c) Based on the guys here, they say this off-route guidance must be put to highest. I will try that when I get the chance. I've only put mine in the middle, because the problem with too much sensitivity is that whenever you have very low signals, sometimes it would think you are going off-route, when the truth of the matter is, Navitel is the one producing all the drifting. Navitel would then say "off-route, recalculating" n-number of times (annoying), until it gets decent signals again and get a road lock.

I will try the simulation route when I get the chance.
                  glad you got yourself rooted .
                  i also tried the darkyrom gps fix you pm'ed but i noticed that although i was getting fixes much faster, it was basing data on fewer sattelites and the fix was very poor (40mts. 2d). ive reverted back to my original settings with gps status d/ling agps data - when i remember :-)

i also have my route guidance at the midpoint now for testing. not only is it annoying to have routes constantly recalculated if drift a little, doing so will use up a lot of battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    just make a waypoint in mapsource. no need fr gps track. kindly put it near to where you were told to "keep right"
                    Jan, I have attached the .gdb file as requested. Please take note I have entered a route + 2 waypoints. These two waypoints describe the "keep right" problem, as well as another one I've noticed at the corner or Maria Orosa and Kalaw (never saying "turn right").

Let me know if you need anything else.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Jan, I have attached the .gdb file as requested. Please take note I have entered a route + 2 waypoints. These two waypoints describe the "keep right" problem, as well as another one I've noticed at the corner or Maria Orosa and Kalaw (never saying "turn right").

Let me know if you need anything else.
                      from orosa to kalaw it doesnt have to say turn right as that's the only thing that's allowed anyway correct? or you want it prompted anyway?

on the keep right thing, i have an idea on the why of it but i would like to see a screenshot of it before we do something.

thanks btw

Comment

Jan, now that you've mentioned it, there is actually something totally wrong with the Maria Orosa - Kalaw intersection. From Maria Orosa, you can actually turn left to Kalaw, and I believe you can go straight across too (need to verify first). It is a big intersection with traffic lights.

With regards to the "Keep Right" thingy, let me see if I can do a screen capture from inside Navitel. Anyway, as far as I remembered, on screen, there is a yellow colored curve right before turning left to M.H. del Pilar, which might be the one triggering the keep right guidance, and the "turn left" not being prompted because there's not enough time to say it before I actually turn left.

Comment

Jan, now that you've mentioned it, there is actually something totally wrong with the Maria Orosa - Kalaw intersection. From Maria Orosa, you can actually turn left to Kalaw, and I believe you can go straight across too (need to verify first). It is a big intersection with traffic lights.

With regards to the "Keep Right" thingy, let me see if I can do a screen capture from inside Navitel. Anyway, as far as I remembered, on screen, there is a yellow colored curve right before turning left to M.H. del Pilar, which might be the one triggering the keep right guidance, and the "turn left" not being prompted because there's not enough time to say it before I actually turn left.
                          kindly please do so (both items )

Comment

Jan, I have attached a screen capture of the "Keep right" problem. I have just simulated a route demo in Navitel. I don't know if it is clear enough, but you will notice the yellow arrow slightly curves to the right before making a sharp left.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i'll make an mp file for kalaw-maria orosa to further explain that intersection.

here it is: (didnt connect all the nodes)
                              maria orosa south bound can turnright or left at kalaw. please take a look at the direction.
                              maria orosa from united nation to kalaw is ONE WAY
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hbt; 08-12-2011, 00:28.
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                                i'll make an mp file for kalaw-maria orosa to further explain that intersection.

here it is: (didnt connect all the nodes)
                                maria orosa south bound can turnright or left at kalaw. please take a look at the direction.
                                maria orosa from united nation to kalaw is ONE WAY
                                turn left to kalaw now added for next version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                                X