This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Cool! Thanks everyone! But I have not seen any info about "Trial" version on my Symbian, so it might be an Android only thing, but wait there is more...

Kinyo, seriously? You were able to install the RG map in your ipad? Please share how you did it! You might want to start a different How to page for this. I am not too sure if the Admins will allow discussion about "jailbreaking"! Of course I am hoping that your system does not involve such a thing so that everyone with iOS can use our RG navitel map.

TTFN
    Arvin
    no issues with jailbreaking.
    (but keep the how to jailbreak off the forum, there's enough other forums that will handle that..)
    Last edited by Jan; 08-10-2011, 00:40.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Okay! Thanks Kuya Jan,

So Kinyo, wonder if you can post a how to load the RG navitel map in Navitel running under iOS. You can, as what I gathered from Kuya Jan's reply, mention Jailbreak or even mention where to get more info on how to (Links only), most important is how you load the RG map to your idevice.

Please feel free to start your own topic in the How to - navite.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

@Arvin

I don't remember much what i did to my iPad! But here's what I remember ...

After Navitel was installed via Appstore (it took some time for some 120mb to download!), I ran it and selected Trial mode which succeeded to acquire activation for 30 days.

I then exited to home page of iPad and connected to laptop. After detection, iTunes automatically ran. In iTunes, i clicked on Apps tab and saw that Navitel is installed and shows the contents of "Documents" main folder related to Navitel. It also shows a subfolder NavitelContents, which apparently is inaccessible when double-clicked(!), which also means I could not create a Maps subfolder! This was an agonizing hour while figuring what to do, a.k.a., i-don't-remember-much part.

Fortunately, I could drag/drop all the RG nm2 files to the "Documents" main folder. It was just a matter of selecting "Documents" as location of new Atlas in Navitel, indexing proceeded, and that's all there is to it, RG map appeared.

I'm really not sure if it is the proper way of doing the map installation but sure it does work.

If it matters, I'd mention that my iPad is not jailbroken, and more importantly, it is a non-3G model (wifi only), so it does not have gps hardware. Even then, through wifi alone, Navitel knew my location to within 1km radius!

Comment

Kinyo,

Thanks for the info, wow that is great!
          1. Your unit is not jailbroken, so then everyone should be able to do it.
          2. Which means iOS people can use the RG navitel maps after all!

Kinyo for clarification can you please post:
          a. iTunes version no.
          b. iOS version no.
          c. Other info that might be relevant

Unfortunately I did not allow my laptop itunes to automatically sync with my ipod touch, but will try your suggestion.

TTFN
          Arvin
          Last edited by arvin555; 08-10-2011, 11:55.

Comment

a. iTunes 10.3.1.55
            b. iOS Version 4.2.1(8C148)
            c. no idea ... better ask specific questions

If i may add ... just today, my chinese 7-incher which runs a buggy Garmin Mobile XT on Win CE 6 now have Navitel V5 installed on its SDMMC. This time, Maps folder properly contains the RG map. A drive around the block confirms Navitel is working properly.
            Last edited by Jan; 08-10-2011, 14:17.

Comment

Thanks to Kinyo for confirming that our map works for iOS. I could confirm it does work for iPhone as well. Here's how i did it.
              1) Download Navitel from AppStore, even the least file Belarus will do.
              2) Sync with itunes and install if you used your pc to download. If you downloaded directly to your device, then just sync the same to transfer it to your pc (or mac for that matter).
              3) Download a file transferring program on your pc. I used Diskaid which is a trial one. Doesn't matter to me as I use it just this time only. Run this after installing.
              4) Using Diskaid, Navigate to your iPhone's
              root folder/var/mobile/Applications/8AE..../Documents/NavitelContent/Maps
              Transfer the NM2 tiles(maps) from your JKlink to this folder
              5) Open Navitel on your iphone. Choose Try. Go to Menu>Settings>Map>Open Atlas.Tap Open Folder (at the bottom center icon)>look for the Maps folder where you copied the maptiles and choose Create Atlas. Wait til indexing finishes. When done indexing, tap ok.
              6) Now tap Menu again>settings>map>open atlas. You should be able to see your newly transferred and indexed RG map. Tap it.

Now we could Enjoy RG on our iPhone!
              CHEERS!

Disclaimer, I won't be held responsible if you mess up your iPhone..
              Last edited by jayteecie; 08-10-2011, 21:00.

Comment

Jaytcee,

Thanks for sharing your experience and how to for iOS. This is great, almost there! It's just that you had to use a separate software.

Kinyo, can you please double check if you have such a software preinstalled or previously installed that is why you were able to access the documents file of your i device?

Sorry if I sound "thick" but I would like to gather as much data first before we start a how to for the iOS! If we can get away without needing to install a separate software, that would be great. But at least both of you have confirmed that it is 100% possible to use 3rd party maps for navitel in iOS!

Thanks!

Comment

Jaytcee,

Thanks for sharing your experience and how to for iOS. This is great, almost there! It's just that you had to use a separate software.

Kinyo, can you please double check if you have such a software preinstalled or previously installed that is why you were able to access the documents file of your i device?

Thanks!
                  sir arvin555 - there are several free file browsers you can download to access files in your ios device. I used ifunbox to browse to the Navitel content folder of my ipad 2 (3G) from my PC. Easily transferred the RG nm2 files to the maps folder and then continued to map indexing. What was suprising is that the navitel website says that the trial version only works for mapsets < 100 kb in size. And yet the RG Navitel maps obviously can be used even in trial mode.
                  Last edited by registrar; 08-10-2011, 20:43.

Comment

Nope ... I don't have other software besides iTunes to access my iPad, and it only allows acces to the "Documents" directory. Now we know Navitel don't care which directory maps are installed. All we need is to set Navitel which directory to use for maps.

In "Documents" directory, there were some original Navitel system files before I dropped the nm2 files on it. So now "Documents" folder contains a mixture of map and non-map files. Navitel knows which is which and treat them accordingly.

Comment

You guys, thanks very much for all your feedback, I was able to install the RG map onto my Ipod Touch just now and took some notes and screenshots. So the How to load RG Navitel map in iOS will be up soon. Thanks guys!

Oh and please stop calling me Sir! Chances are I'm younger than you, but I sure heck will not talk about my age here in public forum

Cheers!
                      TTFN
                      Arvin
                      Last edited by arvin555; 08-11-2011, 02:09.

Comment

Originally posted by eccm View Post
                        I just made an order from this site http://navitel.asia/store/index.php?...tegory&path=20 and its £19.42. I will keep you posted.
                        A few questions:
                        1. Have you received your key? Electronic/Online/Email or snail mail?
                        2. What region did you use for your address? It didn't include NCR or Metro Manila from what I can see. I'm afraid the mail might get lost if I choose a random region, even with the correct zip code (heck, mail gets lost even if it had the correct address).

Thanks!
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by oj88 View Post
                          A few questions:
                          1. Have you received your key? Electronic/Online/Email or snail mail?
                          2. What region did you use for your address? It didn't include NCR or Metro Manila from what I can see. I'm afraid the mail might get lost if I choose a random region, even with the correct zip code (heck, mail gets lost even if it had the correct address).

Thanks!
                          @oj88 Dont go through COD. You can try this way:
                          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=14

Got my license key immediately just after payment and is working.

Comment

It didn't include NCR or Metro Manila
                            As registrar mentioned, please do not choose COD, we can't figure out how that will work if ever, and that will be too slow anyway. Best to follow the URL posted, it's basically using paypal.

Navitel does not have any Philippines maps built in their unit, so just choose whatever you think you might visit in the future (russia and what not) our RG Navitel map is 3rd party and free, it will not show up in Navitel official sites and downloads I imagine.

TTFN
                            Arvin

Comment

^ Great! Thanks for the directions. Firing up Paypal now.
                              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Navitel for Symbian OS

I don't have an Android Smart Phone or Android Tablet currently (but did find a website offering Android Live that runs in Virtual Machine on your PC, so might download and install to have an Android 'Emulator' on my PC so I can see what it looks like, should a buy an Android Smart Phone or Tablet)

In the meantime I am checking out the Navitel Symbian OS on my Nokia N95 8GB, but not yet found a way to run Demo Mode with the RG Navitel Map!

This is the Navitel website I downloaded from:-

http://www.navitel.su/en/downloads/

Software

Navitel Navigator 5.0.1.26 Windows Mobile
                                Install from PDA(R 5.0.1.26), CAB, 20 Мб
                                Install from ActiveSync (R 5.0.1.26), EXE, 14 Мб

Navitel Navigator 5.0.1069 Symbian
                                Navitel Navigator for Symbian (R 3.5.0.1105), SIS, 14.8 Мб

Navitel Navigator 5.0.1.754 Android
                                Navitel for Android (R 5.0.1.754), APK, 33 Mb
                                Navitel Navigator for Android (R 5.0.1.754), EXE, 33 Mb

Navitel Navigator 3.5.0.1609 iOS available for download from App Store
                                Download from AppStore Navitel Navigator for iPhone (R 3.5.0.1609)
                                - this URL does not take you to iPhone Download!

Navitel Navigator 3.5.6 Bada available for download from Samsung Appse
                                Download from Samsung Apps Navitel Navigator for Bada (R 3.5.6)
                                Something wrong with the URL to Samsung Apps , so changed it to one that does work!
                                As that URL from for download from 'App Store' did not work (just took you to iTunes), here are some Links from Google Search:-

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navit...380279038?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/navit...380452946?mt=8

http://www.applei.ph/one/component/o...id,1073828808/

Navitel Map from Roadguide Ph
                                jayteecie
                                1 Day, 22 Hours ago Karma: 0
                                Heads up guys! Roadguide Ph has just recently released a Navitel version of its map. I downloaded the Belarus map from AppStore (30 day trial) then transferred the nm2 map tiles from RG to Navitel's map directory on my iPhone. Now I have the latest RG map on my iphone. Another member has it working on his iPad.

The continuous updating of the Navitel version of RG map will depend on comments and contributions. I invite everyone to try it out and if you're satisfied, post comments. By the way, the map is free!

This will give Papago a run for its money considering the RG community is constantly updating its map.

Last edited by Britster; 08-12-2011, 16:58. Reason: Added Links for Navitel on i-Phone News

Comment

Working...
                                X