Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully the problem in difficulty of purchasing navitel software online will be a thing of the past soon.

there is an ongoing talk with navitel on how we can improve the purchasing process.

will keep you guys updated.

Comment

They should just utilize the built in Market app of the android platform, less hassle for everybody concerned, c.o.d. is just ridiculous for an unlock key.

Btw, I encountered some routing problems, imagine coming from west ave going to timog, the route led me to g. araneta! It turns out, the default setting ignores u-turns, you can turn it off by going to settings, navigation, route, then tap on the second page, and uncheck u-turns. This is on version 5 of Navitel for android.
      Last edited by Monkeyking; 08-08-2011, 20:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
        Btw, I encountered some routing problems, imagine coming from west ave going to timog, the route led me to g. araneta! It turns out, the default setting ignores u-turns, you can turn it off by going to settings, navigation, route, then tap on the second page, and uncheck u-turns. This is on version 5 of Navitel for android.
        nice find
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Yeah I agree, nice find!

I will mention this in the very first post

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle
            I'm using Navitel 5 on my Nokia C7-00 dispite the tiny glitches.
            Why, because the version 3.5 wont display in landscape mode on my phone.
            So living with that untill compiler issue might solve it?
            Sir Jonatle was right on the spot was this one. Initially installed 3.5 Symbian on my Nokia C6-01 and Navitel could not fix to landscape mode. When I changed the screen orientation setting to landscape in the Navitel menu the program permanently crashed. I re-installed 5.0 instead and everything was fine. And I did notice that 5.0 was smoother especially when you browse thru the menu and settings. Transient glitches when you change screen orientation but otherwise Navitel really looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by japp_s View Post
              Thanks arvin555 for your reply.

Downloaded the 3.5 version at navitel.md/download.html (android version) and successfully installed it. But when I am trying to run the application, it can't load and hanging up or force closed.

The OS of my Samsung Galaxy S2 is Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread not bada. Anyway I'll just try to download it via android market. I guess I have no other option but to buy the license key then which cost almost $30.
              If am using a samsung galaxy s2 and i got Navitel navigation from the android market. You can test it on the demo maps first but if you want to use the road guide maps you have to buy a licence.
              Do note that the most recent update intercepts your sms and because of this I have reverted to the first v 5 version m

sent from my samsung galaxy s2 using tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by japp_s View Post
                Thanks arvin555 for your reply.

Downloaded the 3.5 version at navitel.md/download.html (android version) and successfully installed it. But when I am trying to run the application, it can't load and hanging up or force closed.

The OS of my Samsung Galaxy S2 is Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread not bada. Anyway I'll just try to download it via android market. I guess I have no other option but to buy the license key then which cost almost $30.
                @japp_s
                Try turning off assisted gps in your phone settings. This worked for me in an initial Navitel 3.5 symbian installation that kept closing on program startup. Problem no longer there when i re-installed to 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by registrar View Post
                  @japp_s
                  Try turning off assisted gps in your phone settings. This worked for me in an initial Navitel 3.5 symbian installation that kept closing on program startup. Problem no longer there when i re-installed to 5.0.
                  v3.5 has been said to be not compatible with gingerbread as I've found out and from checking android and other gps forums. v5 is better for froyo and gingerbread in terms of compatibility. v3.5 is better for those on Eclair and below. AGPS has been turned off and it still FCs (force closes in Android speak).

Anyone with honeycomb on their tablet? How does Navitel 5 look like on your tablet?
                  Last edited by warfab; 08-09-2011, 08:35.

Comment

On android devices, I downloaded gps booster from the market, it's free and totally transaparent to the user, meaning it just runs in the background whenever gps is activated.

With agps/3g data off I usually get a gps fix in 3 to 4 minutes, with gps booster installed, it's about 30 to 50 seconds. I use a Galaxy S2, when ever I launch navitel, a small popup will say, gps booster failed, just ignore it, cause it works!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                      Japp,

Thansk for the clarification, it means then that I was mistaken about my friend's unit, I am sure he's is bada so probably different Galaxy.

Yeah, here is the thing, if you download from android market you most probably will be given a ver. 5.xx which is not the best version for our map but usable (I myself am using ver 5 for my symbian).

Yes there is no other way around it but to purchase a key, if you want to use RG map. Heck even if you don't use RG map you only get demo maps in other countries and only for 30 days, everyone and all the OSs are in the same boat.

TTFN
                      Arvin
                      i've just downloaded a navital 5 on my samsung tab 1000 ... coz we have still a problem on online purchase .. i'll use it on a 30 day trial version, and i only use a luzon rg map and it's working when i test it in a simulation test ... for gps test yet

Comment

Rexie!

Seriously? You were able to use the Luzon map with the Trial version? I understand that the trial version only allows a very small maptile and all our maptiles are too big. Please reconfirm the good news

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Rexie!

Seriously? You were able to use the Luzon map with the Trial version? I understand that the trial version only allows a very small maptile and all our maptiles are too big. Please reconfirm the good news

TTFN
                          Arvin
                          yes, confirm i'm only using luzon rg map ... rg map are divided into 8 regional map with small maptile ... i think for trial purposes, members load only the regional map where they are based. ... i've tried it on gps & it works ... as usual coz road routes aren't yet updated it will guide you to turn on a oneway traffic ...

Comment

Rexie!

TTFN
                            Arvin
                            I have the whole RG PH map on my Galaxy Tab (P1000) running on Navitel Version 5.0.1.754 on 30-day Trial mode. The Tab have Gingerbread 2.3.3. The Navitel was installed 3 days ago and have worked smoothly on two trips so far without problems.

I can also confirm that Trial mode Navitel V5 on iPad can accommodate the whole RG PH Map.

Comment

Once installed, the android version gives you 3 options, activate, trial or demo, choosing trial will give you 30 days of full use, choosing demo mode will only allow you to use small map tiles, at least that's what I think demo mode is for, I've never tried it yet.

Update: using demo mode will allow you to use one of it's 3 pre installed demo maps, if you try to navigate manually and load the road guide maps, the too big map file warning will appear.
                              Last edited by Monkeyking; 08-09-2011, 22:03.

Comment

Cool! Thanks everyone! But I have not seen any info about "Trial" version on my Symbian, so it might be an Android only thing, but wait there is more...

I can also confirm that Trial mode Navitel V5 on iPad can accommodate the whole RG PH Map.
                                Kinyo, seriously? You were able to install the RG map in your ipad? Please share how you did it! You might want to start a different How to page for this. I am not too sure if the Admins will allow discussion about "jailbreaking"! Of course I am hoping that your system does not involve such a thing so that everyone with iOS can use our RG navitel map.

TTFN
                                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X