Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Simulate Route on Navitel

Intro:
    This is a guide on how to simulate a route using Navitel. This is a great way to test guidance as well as other routing features.

Simulation is done without the need for satellite reception so you turn it off first.

1. In Map view, tap on the Satellite Dish icon. When it is green it is on or locked on, when it is white it is turned off.

2. Tap on the map where you want to start the route from. You will then see a cursor icon on the map.

3. Tap on the cursor icon on the bottom left of the screen. You will notice that the top area of the screen will have a few flags.

4. Tap on the Green Flag to indicate that this is where the route starts.

5. At this point you can either Tap on a different part of the map to mark your destination or to use the Find feature.

6. If you choose the find option, then tap on find, then usually for POI choose Nearest Places, but you may also search for saved waypoints, addresses, or type in a coordinate. The screen above shows display when typing a name for searching. After typing the keyword, you may click on the keyboard icon on center bottom in order to display all the hits from the search. Click on your choice.

7. After clicking on the name of the POI or Waypoint, another cursor will be displayed.

8. tap on the bottom cursor icon again and you can tap on the Goto Flag.

9.You will then notice that there is guidance information on the upper left hand side, tap on this to access the menu.

10. Tap on Demo Route, and the unit should start simulating the route that you picked as if you were actually driving through the route.

11. To end the simulation, just tap on the upper left screen where the Guidance arrow is, then tap on Stop Demo.

Thanks to Doki for providing the nice screenshots!
    Last edited by arvin555; 08-04-2011, 01:39.

Comment

Query

Hi,

Can you please lead to to a thread or link where I can suggest a route?

As I was using Navitel last night, my destination was Rosario, Pasig City. In the intersection of Ortigas ext. and C5 Road, the map suggest to turn right and U-turn to the nearest slot. This is the long way since from the intersection, you can directly left turn instead of taking the U-turn slot.

Kindly advise. Please consider notwithstanding wrong post of query.

Thanks. More power

Comment

Originally posted by lordbench View Post
        Hi,

Can you please lead to to a thread or link where I can suggest a route?

As I was using Navitel last night, my destination was Rosario, Pasig City. In the intersection of Ortigas ext. and C5 Road, the map suggest to turn right and U-turn to the nearest slot. This is the long way since from the intersection, you can directly left turn instead of taking the U-turn slot.

Kindly advise. Please consider notwithstanding wrong post of query.

Thanks. More power
        hi. that would qualify as contribution under track and routing corrections thread.

this would also help http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2
        mark the area in mapsource using the waypoint tool as to where the turn is allowed. then submit on the thread i mentioned above.

Comment

As you are a navitel user only, that means you might not have Mapsource yet. Please load it to your PC, here is how:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1

Then you can continue as Guru Doki mentioned above.

TTFN
          Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
            As you are a navitel user only, that means you might not have Mapsource yet. Please load it to your PC, here is how:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1

Then you can continue as Guru Doki mentioned above.

TTFN
            Arvin

THanks master arvin

Comment

I try this on my android fone installed navitel 5.5.
              Really thanks to this thread. Very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by abet View Post
                I try this on my android fone installed navitel 5.5.
                Really thanks to this thread. Very helpful.
                Good to hear bro!

Comment

Working...
                X