X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Save Waypoints in Navitel

How to Save Waypoint in Navitel:

While navigating using Navitel and while in map view:

1. First make sure your zoom level is at 20m or nearer (8m) lower zoom levels makes for more accurate placement of the Waypoint. Tap on the map where you want to put the waypoint.

2. You will then see a dot/cursor where you tapped, makes sure it is the correct side of the street, if this is the correct position, then tap on Save Wp on lower part of your screen.

3. You will see the Waypoint screen you then rename the waypoint, to for example Jollibee.

Then Tap on the type: Icon, to change the icon to correct category, the choices are:
    Outdoors
    Business
    Civil
    Transportation
    Marine
    Aviation
    Navigation Aid
    Contacts
    Markers
    Letter
    Number

In this example, because Jollibee is a business, tap on Business, then Fast Food. Tap on OK in waypoints screen. You have saved your Waypoint.

4. In this example, the Waypoint is "Pizza hut" with Business/Pizza as type.

5. You may view all your saved waypoints by tapping on Main menu and then Find then Waypoints.

These waypoints can then be submitted as contribution by exporting it and then editing using mapsource before uploading to RG. Please visit How to Contribute waypoints using Navitel
    Last edited by arvin555; 08-04-2011, 19:49.

... nice

Comment

nice kuya.
      if i may request you add also zoom level in marking waypoints. preferrably 20m or below. recording it on higher levels will have lesser accuracy.

Comment

Done Kuya Doki, actually did it the same day you posted, just forgot to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
          Done Kuya Doki, actually did it the same day you posted, just forgot to reply.
          thanks kuya

Comment

This was very helpful. I'll be uploading my waypoints soon. I just need to read and learn the rules first.

Comment

Hi guys,

Stemming from the instructions of arvin555, to quote,

5. You may view all your saved waypoints by tapping on Main menu and then Find then Waypoints.

These waypoints can then be submitted as contribution by exporting it and then editing using mapsource before uploading to RG.

When we save waypoints in Navitel, i assume that the file format is not .qdb but another format. Can we import the same, using another fle format in Mapsource, for editing and then uploading?

Kindly enlighted me. thank you

PS I was only thinking how can I contribute better to the community. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lordbench View Post
                Hi guys,

Stemming from the instructions of arvin555, to quote,

These waypoints can then be submitted as contribution by exporting it and then editing using mapsource before uploading to RG.

When we save waypoints in Navitel, i assume that the file format is not .qdb but another format. Can we import the same, using another fle format in Mapsource, for editing and then uploading?

Kindly enlighted me. thank you

PS I was only thinking how can I contribute better to the community. thanks
                hi sir.
                this will answer your query. http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4419

Comment

Thanks for your initiative to contribute bench.

As Kuya Doki mentioned please visit the link on how to contribute WP using Navitel. Most important thing to remember is that once you extract the waypoints from Navitel, you will be using the garmin standards for waypoints already, so you should also read up on how to contribute Waypoints in the FAQ in Garmin area, our RG Navitel map is now slightly behind the Garmin Map so please use the Garmin Demo map as reference to check if the Waypoint you want to contribute is already there or not, and also to edit or reposition the Waypoints accordingly.

If more purely navitel users contribute to RG, the Navitel map will get updated eventually for everyone's benefit.

TTFN
                  Arvin

Comment

Hi arvin and doki,

Thanks for the information.

I was supposed to withdraw my post as I saw the .qdb file. anyhow, it is indeed true that the RG Navitel Map is behind the Garmin map.

I hope Navitel users frequently contribute so that we can update the existing maps. thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X