X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Contribute Waypoints using Navitel

Intro:
    This is a guide on how to export Waypoints from Navitel in order for you to contribute them to Roadguide.
    This is known for All OS which Navitel works, except Java, Bada and iphone/ipad, just coz we haven't tried it yet, but probably same.

Software needed:
    1. Navitel and RG Navitel Philippine map in your device.
    2. Mapsource installed in your PC How to here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1
    3. Whatever software (if needed) to extract data from your device to PC.
    4. Download also the latest Demo map here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17
    This is your reference to check if your contribution is already in the latest map or not.

1. Save waypoints while navigating using Navitel in our Smartphone/Device. Similar to how you would save waypoints on Garmin GPSrs. Visit the How to save Waypoints in Navitel here!

2. When ready to extract the saved waypoints, in Navitel map view

3. Tap on menu icon on lower right side

4. You will be in main menu, tap on Find

5. In Find menu, Tap on Waypoints.

6. Then Tap on the menu icon again lower right side beside the map icon.

7. Choose Export. You will go to the Save File Menu

8. Within the Save File Menu change as necessary:
    Folder: Waypoints
    Filename: Change Exported Waypoints to Waypoints mmddyyyy (where mm is month, dd is day and yyyy is the year ie: 08012011)
    File type: *.gdb
    You can change file type by clicking on the file type and choosing the right file extension

9. Choose gdb as it is compatible withe mapsource. Then click OK on lower right side.

10. All the saved waypoints in Navitel should have already been exported to a gdb file.

11. Then OK again to do the Export.

12. The file name "Waypoints mmddyyy.gdb" will have already been saved in Memory card: NavitelContent/Waypoints/

13. You can now either remove your memory card, or connect your device to your PC and download the gdb file into your computer.

14. Once the file is in your computer, you can now use mapsource to edit/fix the correct positioning of the waypoints, According to the RG waypoints standard, then upload to RG waypoints contribution page.

Thanks to Doki for providing the great screenshots!
    Last edited by arvin555; 03-03-2012, 16:19.

@kuya arvin -

1. Save waypoints while navigating using Navitel in our Smartphone/Device. Similar to how you would save waypoints on Garmin GPSrs.

best if you can put a screenshot also. for the newbies who doesnt own a nuvi (suggestion only)
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks Unkel HBT, yup I agree, we will make a separate How to for waypoints saving, have the screenshots already will do it later when it's time to goof of.... I mean take a break at work.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

I just realized this How to was made when the Navitel map version and the RG Garmin compatible map version was still the same.

Now because the RG Garmin map is already slightly advanced, if you want to contribute, you will need to do the following:

1. After downloading and installing Mapsource properly, Download the latest Demo map from here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

2. Then install it, and check if it is properly installed already in Mapsource, if you can see the demo map in mapsource.

3. Then use Demo map as reference to check if what you plan to contribute is already in the latest map or not, if it is not, then please contribute, if it is there, double check accuracy, if you can make additions for accuracy, you can still submit.

My tip is that if you are interested to contribute, you should review the demo map a few times, specially check your regular routes, so that you can notice which are already in the map and which are not, so that you can contribute them.

Lastly, make use of your mobile phone built in camera. What I do is just put a code like WP1 N (for north, so N,S,E,W) of the road, then take a photo, so that I can drive away already with exact name of the WP in my camera. Then review at home and rename accordingly.

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Upload my correction

have a good day to all,

I have already download the demo version map and I have corrections on the following on my area. but if someone can please guide where can I upload my corrections for some of Valenzuela area particularly pulo, dalandanan and malanday area?

thank you

Comment

Working...
          X