This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RG Mapversion 2.0 - now compatible with latest mapsource version

the compatibility problem of latest mapsource version to RG Map previously discussed on the previous thread now resolved.

you may now try to install latest mapsource using Roadguide mapversion 2.0
    Last edited by doki; 08-01-2011, 17:58.

Mapsource latest and V2. maps unlock failing

I have had to reinstall my win7. I have eventually been able to install the latest map-source, I have the judges key and also installed v 2.0 maps, but I am unable to unlock the map as per utilities tab...
    Help please

Comment

Fixed

I forgot to change to the new key

Comment

Base Camp

As garmin has dropped mapsource totally, and instead is actively promoting basecamp, would it not be an idea to have a folder specifically for basecamp like mapsource, and we start to guide users onto basecamp, so that it will eventually come into line with garmin.

I see a time when garmin equipment will not recognise mapsource, and that is when everyone panics, and the inevitable questions about where to down load and how to use it, and why were they not told about it sooner??

At the moment they work in parallel, but to be honest I prefer to be dropped in at the deep end, and have been using it for 100% for over a month, it does have its quirks, but its only practice and to familiarise with it that is needed.

Just my opinion, instead of leaving everything to the last minute, which is normal here .

Comment

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
          As garmin has dropped mapsource totally, and instead is actively promoting basecamp, would it not be an idea to have a folder specifically for basecamp like mapsource, and we start to guide users onto basecamp, so that it will eventually come into line with garmin.

I see a time when garmin equipment will not recognise mapsource, and that is when everyone panics, and the inevitable questions about where to down load and how to use it, and why were they not told about it sooner??

At the moment they work in parallel, but to be honest I prefer to be dropped in at the deep end, and have been using it for 100% for over a month, it does have its quirks, but its only practice and to familiarise with it that is needed.

Just my opinion, instead of leaving everything to the last minute, which is normal here .
          i thought there is already a thread somewhere speaking about and how to do what with basecamp.
          and normally we don't wait till the last minute... we wait way longer than that
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Basecamp

Yes, there is a thread, but I was suggesting we make it from a thread to a subject, so we are introducing to everyone, silver foxes and newbies hehehe.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            i thought there is already a thread somewhere speaking about and how to do what with basecamp.
            and normally we don't wait till the last minute... we wait way longer than that

Comment

and have been using it for 100% for over a month, it does have its quirks, but its only practice and to familiarise with it that is needed.
              but I was suggesting we make it from a thread to a subject, so we are introducing to everyone, silver foxes and newbies hehehe.
              as you are the selfprocessed expert, kindly go ahead!
              many many thanks in advance po.

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Basecamp

hehehe,,, no thank you, I do enough in other fields as a volunteer. I am afraid I do not have the patience or manners to run this. But thank you for the offer

Comment

Hi,
                  I have a garmin 1365lm gps.Is this compatible to rg maps? Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by knightsoul26 View Post
                    hi,
                    i have a garmin 1365lm gps.is this compatible to rg maps? Thank you very much.
                    yes
                    Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                    - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

Working...
                    X