Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RG maps now possible on Android, Windows Mobile, Ios and symbian devices - Navitel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doki View Post
    you can help by contributing data.
    Hi Doks, Long time no talk. Let me see if someone can help. I tried to install the Navitel 5.0.1.846.exe for Android on my GT-P1000 via PC Win XP and I open the KIES with the tab connected but the apps just hang for a long time it does not complete the installation. It just indicates Installing....

Comment

@edc2d: android apps should be in .apk format format, not .exe, and don't try to install it through Kies.

1. On your tab, go to settings, applications, unknown sources checkbox should be checked, (you can uncheck it later after installing if you want.)

2. Copy the navitel apk into your tab's internal storage or sd card, you can do this by using a card reader, or just mounting your tab as a flash drive into your pc.

3. You can also take this time to copy the map files over into your tab, it should reside in the navitelcontent/map folder of your internal storage or sd card, if the folder does not exists, create one and copy all the .nm2 map files into it.

4. Once the apk is on your tab already, launch the myfiles app on your tab, and navigate to where you put the navitel apk.

5. Tapping on the apk will automatically launch the installer and install the app on your tab, it will automatically detect the map files if you put them in the correct directory.

Enjoy!

Comment

will this work on any android phones?

Comment

Originally posted by bubuty View Post
          will this work on any android phones?
          yup, as long as you can install navitel in your android phone...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            yup, as long as you can install navitel in your android phone...
            ok i've downloaded the navitel in my s3. i need to install it in my phone. however, i think i need to purchase the app first. I tried purchasing it but i don't know what country i need to choose ( no philippines). Can someone help me what i need to buy/choose? many thanks

Comment

You can purchase it from whatever country, I think better to purchase a country that you have a possibility (however remote) to visit, so that the map you buy won't be wasted. This is almost like buying a Garmin from the US and keeping the US map just in case you visit o visit again.

Once you have purchased and unlock you can then install the RG map by pasting the files into the map folder.

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                You can purchase it from whatever country, I think better to purchase a country that you have a possibility (however remote) to visit, so that the map you buy won't be wasted. This is almost like buying a Garmin from the US and keeping the US map just in case you visit o visit again.

Once you have purchased and unlock you can then install the RG map by pasting the files into the map folder.

TTFN
                Arvin
                thanks sir. ok when downloading the rg map. do you still need a computer in downloading the file? or can you directly download (save) the rg map in your phone?

when i click download here (http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showp...00&postcount=1) it is showing .exe file which i think is not compatible with my laptop (mac) or my phone)

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post

TTFN
                  Arvin
                  ok thanks. i just need to find a good price for the license key and also how to download the rg map thanks.

Comment

navitel

are there poi in the downloadable navi map of roadguide? I cant seem to use the find poi. anyone have the same problem or did I download a wrong version. I can see the streets clearly.

Im using galaxy note.

Comment

^ Dude I think you can purchase a navitel thst's compatible with your phone then just replace the map with a roadguide. Please refer to page 1, there's a "How to" there

Comment

Anyone tried navitel on a Samsung Note 2? How's it working so far?

Comment

good day masters,
                          how does it compare to use an android phone and gps device?
                          TIA for all inputs

Comment

Originally posted by canlastt View Post
                            good day masters,
                            how does it compare to use an android phone and gps device?
                            TIA for all inputs
                            It all depends on which GPS device you will compare it to sir.
                            For example, Navitel with RG 2.0 map and Garmin XT with the same map, it will be hands down that Garmin will be easiest to operate and more user friendly.
                            I am using Garmin mobile XT and Galaxy S2 and Tab 2 with Navitel.

Comment

A dedicated gps device is way much better
                              Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story.
                              - Desiderata - Max Ehrmann

Comment

where to download maps?

g'evening, newbie here...just wanted to ask how and where could i download the rg maps? TIA

Comment

Working...
                                X