Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RG maps now possible on Android, Windows Mobile, Ios and symbian devices - Navitel

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RG maps now possible on Android, Windows Mobile, Ios and symbian devices - Navitel

We have decided to release a Navitel version.
    the map can be downloaded in the standard download section.
    the response, feedback and contributions arising from this trial will determine whether this will be a one off or whether this will be a continuously supported and upgraded iniative.

in the meantime enjoy.

the data used is fairly recent...
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Cool! Thanks RG for this! This will surely make it more affordable to own a GPS system.

For those who have Android, Windows mobile, Symbian devices.... please visit the official navitel page to download:

http://www.navitel.asia/download.html

Navitel also has an iphone/ipad version as well as Bada but I understand you need to download through the specific dedicated "appstore".

Roadguide Navitel How to:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Comment

At last! A version for Android!

Sent from Earth using Tapatalk

Comment

my phone is now complete!

thanks jan!

Comment

Tested and working great with POI's and waypoints.
          Thanks guys and hope this will be continued and not a 1 time test run.

already started posting the link on some android communities looking for Philippine gps solutions for their android phones.

Comment

Originally posted by weebee View Post
            Tested and working great with POI's and waypoints.
            Thanks guys and hope this will be continued and not a 1 time test run.

already started posting the link on some android communities looking for Philippine gps solutions for their android phones.
            And while you're at it, why not help improve the map by contributing as well? And spread the love to other android communities too.

Comment

yup already setting up my machine to be able to contribute

Comment

Originally posted by weebee View Post
                yup already setting up my machine to be able to contribute

Comment

Thank you very much for this release, with symbian and windows mobile on the way out, it's quite refreshing to see that modern platforms like android and ios are now being supported by roadguide.

Tested the maps on version 5 and everything seems to work, navitel/roadguide is heads above the navdroyd/osm solution on android where searching stuff is really really bad. Hope this becomes a mainstay and not a one shot deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
                    Hope this becomes a mainstay and not a one shot deal.
                    you can help by contributing data.

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    the response, feedback and contributions arising from this trial will determine whether this will be a one off or whether this will be a continuously supported and upgraded iniative.

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                      you can help by contributing data.
                      Yes sir! I had become inactive because I don't have a garmin unit anymore, I moved away from windows mobile to android, but I'll start contributing again!

Btw, will this become a contributor's map with frequent updates and an unlock code? Or will it be more like the 1.07 free map?

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeyking View Post
                        Btw, will this become a contributor's map with frequent updates and an unlock code? Or will it be more like the 1.07 free map?
                        Not sure yet.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
                        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

ill be contributing soon again after i get my android phone all set up and learning how to contribute on navitel.

Comment

How will I install Navitel nm2 maps to my Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks, noob here.

Comment

Originally posted by PageDown View Post
                              How will I install Navitel nm2 maps to my Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks, noob here.
                              to install maps, pls read this http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4403

to install navitel, pls read this http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4443

Comment

Working...
                              X