Where to buy Garmin & what model?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to buy Garmin & what model?

Need your help? Where can i buy garmin gps nuvi & what is your recommended model.? Thanks.

^Try ROX in BHS, they are selling Garmin units there with reasonable price. Since you have Nuvi 265w, i think it will already serve your navigation requirements but if you want to enjoy navigation while driving using voice command, my best bet is the Nuvi 3790... or...better try this link for more..http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3425&page=2 ...
    Last edited by Loop; 07-24-2011, 01:09.
    If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Try visiting travel club. They have the nuvi 1200, 1360 and 3760.

Comment

try calling Mr. Franco Hizon he's a direct importer of Garmin products
        tel. no: 921-4171; 928-1905
        Smart celfon: 0918 8881991

Pampanga's Best Bldg., 129 Kamuning Rd (corner EDSA), Metro Manila - Quezon City

roadguide address (coordinates): N14.63057 E121.04496

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=14.6305934...6&z=17&l=0&m=b

Comment

Get from Amazon. 1490Ts (refurbished by Garmin) going for $108 only.

Comment

Originally posted by rhodor View Post

Pampanga's Best Bldg., 129 Kamuning Rd (corner EDSA), Metro Manila - Quezon City

thanks for the info sir...will call him first thing in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by rhodor View Post

May I ask how much is 265w? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by rossciux View Post
                May I ask how much is 265w? Thanks!
                P7495.oo from this seller...

Mr. Franco Hizon he's a direct importer of Garmin products
                If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Guys quick question, someone is selling me a used garmin nuvi 255 unit and charger only for 3,500. Should I buy it or look for a better model / unused one? Sorry newbie on gps.

Comment

Originally posted by emcee View Post
                    Guys quick question, someone is selling me a used garmin nuvi 255 unit and charger only for 3,500. Should I buy it or look for a better model / unused one? Sorry newbie on gps.

My advise: before buying second hand unit, check first the condition (screen, battery, satellite locking time, etc.), accessories (windshield mount, charger,etc.), and the installed map,.. otherwise, go get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by tessganda1988 View Post
                      My advise: before buying second hand unit, check first the condition (screen, battery, satellite locking time, etc.), accessories (windshield mount, charger,etc.), and the installed map,.. otherwise, go get a new one.
                      As I've checked, the unit still looks good. Smooth, good satellite locking time, the only thing I haven't checked is the battery life because we have no time to wait. For the accessories, it only comes with the car charger. I don't really mind the windshield mount, because I prefer more on mounting it on the dashboard.

The only problem for me is the warranty, the seller doesn't give one. He says that I should "check it all I can" before paying for the unit.

Also, is the 255 a good GPS unit?

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

As I've checked, the unit still looks good. Smooth, good satellite locking time, the only thing I haven't checked is the battery life because we have no time to wait. For the accessories, it only comes with the car charger. I don't really mind the windshield mount, because I prefer more on mounting it on the dashboard.

The only problem for me is the warranty, the seller doesn't give one. He says that I should "check it all I can" before paying for the unit.

Also, is the 255 a good GPS unit?

Thanks for the reply.

Well warranty is always an issue for second hand units, that is why he is selling it at a lower price. So after checking and you think it's worth the price then you should get it (just hope there won't be future problems like battery, etc).

For me nuvi 255 is a good GPSr (though I prefer the widescreen version), you can check the garmin website for the full specs.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Does the size of the screen really matter?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Does the size of the screen really matter?

Screen size depends on your usage. If you use it frequently in the pedestrian mode, you need a small one that fits in your pocket. If you just use it in the car and you prefer larger view, then get the widescreen version. Also widescreen version has a QWERTY keyboard/keypad (easier to input) compared to ABCD for the smaller one.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
                              X