Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gmaputil - move/delete maps, stand-alone mapsource install fix, etc...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another update...

changes with v0.4.0.9b
    -increased 64-bit OS compatibility
    -program automatically tries to run with admin privileges when executing
    -added forced registry writing

*some notes with regards to forced registry writes
    try to enable this option if mapsource still won't install even when you've already applied the mapsource install fix. this option tries to bypass any write restrictions on the registry. to use it, click on the checkbox, re-apply the mapsource fix and click on yes when asked whether to import the data to registry.

*although gmaputil tries to run with admin privileges, i'd recommend that you execute the app by right-clicking on the file and using the "run as admin" option

scans...
    - virustotal
    - jotti

program can be downloaded on the fist post.
    Last edited by legtu; 11-08-2011, 16:07.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Finally succeeded in installing mapsource on Windows 7, 64 bit OS. Yahoo!!!!

Here are the steps I followed:

1. No need to download and install Training Center.
      2. Right click gmaputil and choose "run as administrator" option.
      3. Once gmaputil is opened, check "registry-edit" mode. Click "mapsource install fix".
      3. Install mapsource.
      Last edited by tonedeaf; 11-20-2011, 18:14.

Comment

reg-edit mode doesn't need to be toggled when using the mapsource install fix. it only affects the map-related functions (ie. moving a map).

Comment

any version for mac os lion?

Comment

@kheekho
            unfortunately, none.

the functions performed by gmaputil are for mapsource (which is purely a windows-based application).
            Last edited by legtu; 11-29-2011, 22:57.

Comment

thanks for this program! it's a god-send! had trouble installing via training center!

Comment

another update...

changes with v0.4.1.2b
                -stand-alone mapsource install
                -minor fixes/optimizations

*some notes with regards to stand-alone mapsource install
                gmaputil can try to extract and install mapsource all on its own. you won't need to install training center or apply the mapsource fix or manually extract the mapsource installer. you can just click on the stand-alone install button, locate your local copy of the mapsource installer and let gmaputil extract and install it.

this function still needs more testing so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

*although gmaputil tries to run with admin privileges, i'd recommend that you execute the app by right-clicking on the file and using the "run as admin" option

scans...
                - virustotal
                - jotti

program can be downloaded on the first post.
                Last edited by legtu; 05-11-2012, 22:49.

Comment

another small update...

changes with v0.4.1.8b
                  -minor fixes/optimizations
                  -added 'clean garmin!'

*some notes with regards to the 'clean garmin!' function
                  this will delete your currently installed mapsource, all mapsource maps and all garmin-related registry entries. i recommend that you uninstall first any garmin-related program using the 'add/remove program' of windows before using 'clean garmin!'. this function is meant to clean/clear your system with any traces of mapsource and its maps so that you can reinstall fresh. it needs more testing so any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

scans...
                  - virustotal
                  - jotti

program can be downloaded on the first post.
                  Last edited by legtu; 05-11-2012, 22:49.

Comment

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Windows 7 64 bit

Legtu

Many thanks - this worked perfectly for me on Win7 64 bit.

Please note that Norton 360 V6 has a false positive on the download though. So users may need to turn off automatic AV when downloading.

Again - thanks!

R/

JJ95 MDMC

Comment

I think I need this utility to install Mapsource on my PC running Windows 7 but my McAfee filters it out saying there's a Trojan virus in the file. See attached error message.

Thanks,
                        Jason
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Jason,

Please read the posts above, there are false positives from Antiviruses, but Kuya Legtu assures that it is false.

If your antivirus does not allow you, please disable it only for when you use it then enable it again after. The script is only needed once for the install anyway.

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

hello sir i have run the gmaputil as admin but still it says i do not have the privilege to run it. what do you think is wrong?

Comment

very useful program. thanks!

Comment

help

Hi, I'm new here. I have a garmin nuvi 40. I followed the instructions given by jan. i tried using your solution 1. i did open the window garmin map utility and am stuck there. I'm being asked on the mapsource file. hope you can help me on these. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X