Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

gmaputil - move/delete maps, stand-alone mapsource install fix, etc...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@nero29
    a bit late but are you sure that you're logged in as admin or have typed in the correct admin pass?

@alcfigs
    solution 1 is actually the long and manual method. if you clicked on the quick and easy method, then you're doing solution 2.

as for gmaputil, you can either click on the mapsource install fix or mapsource stand-alone install. the mapsource install fix only modifies the registry, you'll need to run the mapsource installer after applying the fix.

with the mapsource stand-alone install, you'll be asked locate the mapsource installer so that gmaputil can do the necessary registry modifications needed and attempt to run the installer itself.

either way, you'll need the mapsource installer. if you haven't downloaded the mapsource installer, download it first before using gmaputil. save the installer on the desktop or drive C and when gmaputil asks for it, point the location where you saved it.
    got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Kuya Legtu!

I just want to say that I just used your gmaputil today to delete old 1.07 map, and it worked like a charm.
      The program is stand alone, and the user interface is very simple and easy to understand.

I haven't tried the Stand alone mapsource install, but I imagine it would be a really great help to newbies, though we are currently suggesting that they use basecamp nowadays, me? I'm still a mapsource guy.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Thanks, great help.

Newbe here. I just wanted to say thanks for the utility. Easy to use and it easily installed the earlier version (6.13.7) of mapsource on my old Samsung Q1 UMPC. On it I run Garmin's mobile PC version 5.00.6. I then used mapsource to install the free Road Guide map. Hopefully I can start to collect info to be able to become a contributor.

Again, thanks for the utility, it is a big help.

Comment

Working...
        X