Mariveles to Bagac bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mariveles to Bagac bay

I made a road trip with fellow member Deepasia on 3 july . We left from angeles at about 8 am and rode all day.The main purpose of the trip was to check out the long unpaved road marked on the map. We carried spare parts and tools which we actually had to use.This unpaved road is not for beginners to try. I don't think this road can be traveled if it rains. We came across landslides , wet slippery clay and a hugh water crossing.My friend was able to take some great pictures to post and ill do my best to describe them .This was a great experiance and the cold beer at the end of the day was needed badly.

The road started off easy
    mini-DSC02468.JPG

Things started getting rocky
    mini-DSC02471.JPG

Some great views along the way
    mini-DSC02503.JPG

small landslide
    mini-DSC02501.jpg

another view the small landslide
    mini-DSC02497.jpg

small water crossing that was easy to cross
    mini-DSC02488.JPG

myself during a rest stop
    mini-DSC02525.JPG

fellow member Deepinasia
    mini-DSC02478.JPG

This is the large water crossing marked on the map , i am very surprised i made it past.
    mini-DSC02512.JPG

another shot the large water crossing, fast moving water approx 2 feet deep and more in some spots. There is many large rocks to skip around crossing. I would not wanna do it again
    mini-DSC02523.JPG

I forgot to mention that i have a video of me doing the water crossing . Its in avi format about 20mb and i don't know how to post it. Can anyone tell me the best way to post it if allowed.

here is a link to the video on my facebook , hope it works
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/v...91952&comments
    Last edited by chaz2009; 07-10-2011, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
      I forgot to mention that i have a video of me doing the water crossing . Its in avi format about 20mb and i don't know how to post it. Can anyone tell me the best way to post it if allowed.

here is a link to the video on my facebook , hope it works
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/v...91952&comments

kuya, can't access coz of your privacy settings
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Also can you post the tracks in Gdb file so we can easily see in Mapsource? Thanks.

Comment

Hi chaz & deepasia,
          Thanks for sharing. Great pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

I made a road trip with fellow member Deepasia on 3 july . We left from angeles at about 8 am and rode all day.The main purpose of the trip was to check out the long unpaved road marked on the map. We carried spare parts and tools which we actually had to use.This unpaved road is not for beginners to try. I don't think this road can be traveled if it rains. We came across landslides , wet slippery clay and a hugh water crossing.My friend was able to take some great pictures to post and ill do my best to describe them .This was a great experiance and the cold beer at the end of the day was needed badly.

How about that? Symptoms of a true addict!

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
              Also can you post the tracks in Gdb file so we can easily see in Mapsource? Thanks.
              i submitted the tracks in the calibration thread

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                kuya, can't access coz of your privacy settings

try this link , i changed the settings
                http://www.facebook.com/video/video....29917027091952

Comment

This is the large water crossing marked on the map , i am very surprised i made it past.
                  [ATTACH]26490[/ATTACH]

another shot the large water crossing, fast moving water approx 2 feet deep and more in some spots. There is many large rocks to skip around crossing. I would not wanna do it again
                  [ATTACH]26493[/ATTACH]
                  Did you found it difficult crossing with your off-road bike?

How do think it was in a Toyota Altis, with wife and kids in the back?

Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

nice one kuya. very brave. hehehe maybe trying to test the depth of water your bike can take
                    Last edited by hbt; 07-12-2011, 09:18.
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      nice one kuya. very brave. hehehe maybe trying to test the depth of water your bike can take

That was the max limit , another inch deeper id been dead in the water

Comment

Working...
                      X