Suction pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suction pad

My nuvi suction pad is now not staying for long on the base, any ideas how to refresh it, I have cleaned the base and also the sucker, but still it falls off after a while. Any Ideas guys??

It's a wear and tear part. The rubber loses its form over time. To make it hold better, push the suction cup against the mounting surface by the locking clip before you lock it in place.

Pushing the suction cup at the center before locking it will make for a better vacuum.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Rugby to the rescue

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
      My nuvi suction pad is now not staying for long on the base, any ideas how to refresh it, I have cleaned the base and also the sucker, but still it falls off after a while. Any Ideas guys??
      My suction pad sucks! Besides destroying the windshield tint it then would only stay on for a day at most. But a few drops of Rugby and it's been there for two weeks. And you can always keep the top off the bottle and enjoy
      I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
      "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

My suction pad sucks!
        Silly me, here I was thinking that it was supposed to suck?
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Silly me, here I was thinking that it was supposed to suck?
          there is a simple way to 'renew' your suction pad suction power. soak it in warm water, not HOT.. warm for around 15 minutes.

the rubber will get soft again, and your suction pad's suction power is back.

the reason the suction pad lost its suction, is because the rubber hardened by exposing to high temperature/direct sunlight for prolonged period of time.

it worked on mine.

Comment

Working...
          X