Batangas roads question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ arvin,

were you able to proceed with your off-road adventure? were you able to record where the unpaved road started and ended? if so, please upload so we can re-classify that portion accordingly. thanks.

Comment

Kuya Pokz,

Not yet will be doing this during the Easter Holidays. Yes will hopefully remember to mark where the unpaved road starts and end, I'll be doing probably a 2 way pass through this route anyway.

jnieurzyla however made me contemplate on the route though, what with traveling with my kids. But a friend of mine said he can't remember any bridge passing that route, so we'll see.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Kuya Pokz,

Not yet will be doing this during the Easter Holidays. Yes will hopefully remember to mark where the unpaved road starts and end, I'll be doing probably a 2 way pass through this route anyway.

jnieurzyla however made me contemplate on the route though, what with traveling with my kids. But a friend of mine said he can't remember any bridge passing that route, so we'll see.

TTFN
        Arvin
        i also don't remember passing a bridge. but my memory failed me many times before. but i passed that route without any major obstacle, considering i did it with a sedan. so lest it is raining, i think it's just going to be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          i think it's just going to be fine.
          and if not, you'll have time to waypoint the obstacle
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by jaegersing View Post
            I think a dirt bike should be ok. Last week I saw quite a few locals riding around there on small road bikes and they didn't seem to have any problems. A bit bumpy though.

thanks jaegersing

Comment

Thanks guys, well, have a 4wd vehicle, mud vs. dust... hmm... plus at least might make use of a 4WD system which is 99% not needed in the city anyway.... (Said the guy who will get stuck in mud in Taal area during holyweek) hehehe!

Yeah Jan, if we do encounter such an obstacle and have to turn back I sure will have lots of time to walk around and mark a rickety old bridge If I try to go through and fall down, well, we just have to look for the 1sec tracks which clumped together to show where I fell

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

I would like to say thanks to everyone who commented on this topic, I was able to go through this route last weekend and it was okay. There was still a few unpaved roads, and it was quite dusty, but there were some sedans that were going through that route anyway.

Kuya Pokz, have the coordinates of the unpaved roads that you asked, will upload them soon. Took me 1.5 hours to ply that route from Talisay, of course that includes some slowing down to enter waypoints and stuff Can do it in 1 hour in my opinion.

If weather is nice and you know it is traffic in the Tagagaytay ridge, there is this route to take, my kids said it was an adventure, which it was, but for me I'd rather go through a longer route that has no traffic than to be stuck for 2 hours in a processional traffic. My brother took the regular route up to Tagaytay, they arrived faster than we did taking the scenic route, but that was because we stopped over a few times to eat or ask how much is the Tilapia, etc. I'd say that with Holyweek traffic it would be almost equal, even if you are delayed half an hour or so, it's still worth it coz you don't get bored waiting for traffic to move.

We also got to see the other side of Taal volcano island that is not usually seen, I mean the northern side, there are so many fish pens in that area too. Will see if I can upload some photos.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  Hello!

1. Does anyone know if the road from Hamilo Coast to Cavite is already finished or not? It is a nice alternative to drive through from Nasugbu specially as Tagaytay gets too congested during weekends.
                  TTFN
                  Arvin
                  Last time I checked (think it was in the middle of August 2010), there was no progress on the project from Hamilo coast to Ternate that was initially supposed to be completed January 2011. The info signboard that was there when I tracked this road back in 2009 has been removed! It was A GMA project, and I guess it's canseled or put on ice?
                  Last edited by jonatle; 04-26-2011, 17:25.
                  Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

Working...
                  X