Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batangas roads question

Hello!

I'd like to ask the more adventurous members and those that are in Batangas for info about the following:

Please find the below photo there are two black boxes showing routes that I would like to ask.

1. Does anyone know if the road from Hamilo Coast to Cavite is already finished or not? It is a nice alternative to drive through from Nasugbu specially as Tagaytay gets too congested during weekends.

2. Does anyone know if the road from Lemery/Agoncillo That goes through Laurel is any good? Coz was just thinking maybe we can go through that route from Batangas to TLYC for example.

Would appreciate your reply or feedback.

TTFN
    Arvin

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Hello!

I'd like to ask the more adventurous members and those that are in Batangas for info about the following:

Please find the below photo there are two black boxes showing routes that I would like to ask.

1. Does anyone know if the road from Hamilo Coast to Cavite is already finished or not? It is a nice alternative to drive through from Nasugbu specially as Tagaytay gets too congested during weekends.

2. Does anyone know if the road from Lemery/Agoncillo That goes through Laurel is any good? Coz was just thinking maybe we can go through that route from Batangas to TLYC for example.

Would appreciate your reply or feedback.

TTFN
    Arvin
    Agoncillo to Laurel road is no good, unless you're the adventurous type. Tracked that with a sedan more than a year ago, and mostly the road is unpaved (forgot to re-classify it though). When we reached Laurel, car looked like it just passed lahar country.

Comment

I'm curious myself.

I'd also like to know if a beginner on a dirt bike can traverse those roads.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Thanks Kuya Pokz, a friend of mine just informed me that he passed through that area a few weeks ago and from what you and him described it seems that they have not improved since a year ago

Kuya did you get to go all the way around to Talisay?

Now the funny thing is that someone's bad road is another man's playground... sure caught JoeyU's interest.

My main interest in this route is to avoid the Nasugbu Tagaytay route during peak hours and during holyweek jam. I wonder if going through this route will save me time or not... lahar look on the car notwithstanding

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

I'm curious myself.

Thanks in advance.
          If a sedan passes it, op kors!
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Why don't we organize some road trip while recording the tracks- This is what we need to add and not only EBs. I will volunteer , just need some companion / convoy and nice venue and cold beer after the trip

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
              Why don't we organize some road trip while recording the tracks- This is what we need to add and not only EBs. I will volunteer , just need some companion / convoy and nice venue and cold beer after the trip
              Not a bad idea at all!

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                Kuya did you get to go all the way around to Talisay?
                Yes, passed Talisay all the way to Star Tollway going back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  If a sedan passes it, op kors!
                  key word is "beginner"

hehe thanks Jan. You on the other hand know you GS like the back of your hand

Comment

Thanks for your reply Kuya Pokz, if ever I do get to go through that route will document with tracks and stuff and maybe photos, unless JoeyU beats me to it

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

I covered most of that route last Sunday, and uploaded a 1-sec track recording.

The rough section lasts for several km, and was about at the limit of my Starex's capabilities. If there had been rain more recently, I think I would have had problems getting up some of the slopes without getting stuck in mud. My journey was especially slow because I was behind a funeral cortege with a hearse and 7 or 8 jeepneys.

If I go back there, I will get a 4x4 first!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyU View Post
                        I'm curious myself.

Thanks in advance.
                        I think a dirt bike should be ok. Last week I saw quite a few locals riding around there on small road bikes and they didn't seem to have any problems. A bit bumpy though.

Comment

Jaeger beat us to it!

Jaeger can you please inform me estimated elapsed time from Talisay to Taal or what not? Yup even counting the procession.

I am sure that a lot of dirt bikers and maybe mountain bikers will find that road interesting, though I guess because there are cars plying that route you might end up eating a lot of dust

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Laurel route

This road is a definite for an off-road vehicle, also the wooden bridge in Laurel accessing the road, is very dangerous, as pieces of the planking missing or split.

Comment

jnieurzyla Hi, you mean the rickety bridge is through the route and there is no other alternative bridge? Any WP on the position of this bridge and alternate bridges? I will be travelling with whole family so going through a wooden bridge with split planking might not be a good "adventure" for them, if ever I probably will ask them to get off and then cross the bridge by foot? Then again that might also be dangerous!

Any others who has a WP on the bridge? It's not yet in the contri map 1.23

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Working...
                              X