Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bummer. no nuvi 660 support. now i wonder if it was worth switching to the 660 from my 250w

Comment

Originally posted by antonboq View Post
      bummer. no nuvi 660 support. now i wonder if it was worth switching to the 660 from my 250w
      check whether the easter egg on the "where am i screen" works.
      as for downgrading to a 250: better off keeping the 660 and getting a datalogger if you really want to contribute tracks...
      my 2 cents...
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
        before modifying the flashware, try this
        go to "where am i" and push 1 2 3 4 (see attachment for clearer info)
        then, if you are lucky you'll see the route screen. start recording and you're done.
        full explanation here
        Its working fine with my nuvi760.
        Thanks Sir Jan!
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

before modifying the flashware, try this

go to "where am i" and push 1 2 3 4 (see attachment for clearer info)

then, if you are lucky you'll see the route screen. start recording and you're done.

full explanation here

will this work on 255? I cant seem to make it work

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
            will this work on 255? I cant seem to make it work
            do you have the "where am i screen" if not, the easter egg wont work.

Comment

do you have the "where am i screen" if not, the easter egg wont work.
              Wow it worked. I just didn't follow the right direction! Thanks Jan

Comment

Wow it worked. I just didn't follow the right direction! Thanks Jan

Comment

mine is 200, and i don't see "where am i screen". does it mean i'm not one of the blessed disciples?

Comment

Originally posted by SEER View Post
                    mine is 200, and i don't see "where am i screen". does it mean i'm not one of the blessed disciples?
                    read the whole thread. you'd have to hack your firmware if you want to upload tracks. (if you do't want to(fully understandable, the risk of fekkin up your unit is there), you can still upload waypoints)

Comment

By the way what do you mean by 1sec interval? what's so important about this?

Comment

It means that points along your tracks are plotted in 1-sec interval.
                        These points are the dots in your tracks. Tracks with 1-sec interval has closedly spaced dots, while the normal nuvi track has dots with longer intervals. Each dot has its own coordinates so the more dots, the more accurate for the track.
                        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

The 1-sec interval pertains to how often a track is recorded (those dots you see on your tracks). In other words, the GPS marks your location every second as you move, making more dots in a given length of track. This translates to a higher resolution track. In practical terms, roundabouts looks more rounded sampled with 1-sec interval, and it might look like a polygon when the interval is set say, every 5-secs.
                          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

read the whole thread. you'd have to hack your firmware if you want to upload tracks. (if you do't want to(fully understandable, the risk of fekkin up your unit is there), you can still upload waypoints)
                            i think i came across with hacking my rig sometime las month, however, nothing happened. when i recalled the instructions, it has something to do the firmware version from 3.+ and mine is 4.+ so my impression is to downgrade and proceed to hacking. unfortunetely i was running out of time and the the procedure does not qualifies my brain. in short, baka sumablay. hehehe and naging bc narin.

Comment

I have a question....

How MUCH memory can a stock nuvi 200 hold if I start recording 1s tracks?

I have a Long road trip tomorrow and I wanna make sure the thing doesn't choke ha ha ha.

I am thinking of moving the standard map to an SD card and leave the internal memory of the nuvi free to store logs...

Comment

hi dave_d,

if im not mistaken about 1 gig.

nice to meet you btw
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X