X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1s tracklog feature

For those of you with nuvi's check out the following thread at Malfreemaps

It allows some nuvis to start recording tracklogs with 1s intervals. (while still being capable to autoroute). or with other words, instead of amf and me bitching that your recorded tracks are no good, we'll have to shut up...

I tried it with a nuvi 710 and it works great.

Not for the fain of heart nor the technologically challenged as it does require some fidling with your units flashware and might fek it up....

Disclaimer: I wont be responsible if you damage yur nuvi. you alter its flashware on your own responsibility.

if you have a "where am i" screen check the following link first

TRY THIS FIRST. MAYBE YOU DONT HAVE TO CHANGE THE FW AFTERALL
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    For those of you with nuvi's check out the following thread at Malfreemaps

It allows some nuvis to start recording tracklogs with 1s intervals. (while still being capable to autoroute). or with other words, instead of amf and me bitching that your recorded tracks are no good, we'll have to shut up...

I tried it with a nuvi 710 and it works great.

Not for the fain of heart nor the technologically challenged as it does require some fidling with your units flashware and might fek it up....

Disclaimer: I wont be responsible if you damage yur nuvi. you alter its flashware on your own responsibility.
    Could have tried this before. But will not do it now that I got my data logger.

Comment

What is exactly a tracklog feature? Is this the one when you are using the nuvi and the car icon leaves a trail behind it? Sorry newbie on nuvi here.

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
        What is exactly a tracklog feature? Is this the one when you are using the nuvi and the car icon leaves a trail behind it? Sorry newbie on nuvi here.
        correctemundo

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          correctemundo
          Great! I don't need to follow all those details! Reading all those instructions give me headache.

OT: Do you still get to sleep. Everytime I ask a question, I had an answer in a couple of minutes.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

hmmm...interesting. with the "show track" + "offroad "settings, my nuvi 205 is already able to record tracks that do not stick to the existing roads on the map. it would be interesting to find out what the default interval is for nuvis that have not been "patched" yet.

just last week, I was contemplating on purchasing a track logger. this thread just saved me money. hehehe...thanks for this.

Comment

downloaded this patch before but they readme shows only one way of getting to the pre-boot mode. the edited post shows 3 methods of gaining access to the pre-boot mode!

thanks for posting the link. cheers!

Comment

Has anyone with a Nuvi205 tried this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
                  Has anyone with a Nuvi205 tried this yet?
                  yes

. .

Comment

I was hoping to find local users sirJan. I guess I should have made myself clearer. Anyhow, thanks for your time boss.

Comment

before modifying the flashware, try this

go to "where am i" and push 1 2 3 4 (see attachment for clearer info)

then, if you are lucky you'll see the route screen. start recording and you're done.

full explanation here
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by pokz; 01-14-2010, 15:03.

Comment

Whoa! I found the route screen too! Now, I record tracks in 1s intertervals without doing the flashware modification! Woohoo! Woot!
                        Last edited by matanglawin; 04-07-2009, 21:56.

Comment

Originally posted by matanglawin View Post
                          Whoa! I found the route screen too! If I use this, do I get to record tracks in 1s intertervals without doing the flashware modification?
                          apparently yes. you can try it out and let us know.....

Comment

Ooopps! I guess I was able to edit my post faster than you were able to respond. Thanks again Jan. And yes, I will let you guys know the results. Now if I can only figure out how to extract the recorded log...
                            Hmmm...

Comment

use the attached file.
                              explanation should it be needed at the malfreemaps links
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by doki; 06-02-2011, 18:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X