mga sir help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mga sir help me

sir i cannot use map 1.21 in gar mobile xt. There is a complete map but it has no routable information. I cannot make route to other roads even the main roads. I want to know if it is compatible with garmin mobile or there a way to do that..
    Please help me sir what can i do to make routable this map 1.21 on my garmin mobile xt 5.00.50. My cellphone model is nokia n79.

Jun,

I am assuming that you were able to load the map without any problems and unlock code is okay.

Did you have this problem with Version 1.20?

So there are two possibilities that might be causing your problem, which hopefully you can help to check (hope other admins or contributors with XT can also chime in here).

1. In version 1.21 the admins/compilers made the map so that there will now be 2 maps loaded when you use mapsource to load version 1.21 into your GPS .

If you can, please check the map info from MobileXT! and check if there are in fact 2 maps loaded? and make sure both are checked?

2. If there is only one map, then please try to load using mapsource again, and then check again, I am afraid that maybe the work around for the POI pop out that the compilers made, might have made the map incompatible with Mobile XT. I hope not.

Anyway when I get home I will try to update my i780 with Mobile XT, with the latest map and will post here the result. It is not a 100% test, because mine is Windows CE based, but at least we can test.

Anyway if there is a problem I am sure there is a workaround

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Just an update.

I uploaded the map ver. 1.21 just now onto my Garmin Mobile XT based Samsung Mobile Navigator Version 4.20. The install went to the removable drive, but it loaded.

I turned on the software and found a map and I was able to simulate a Route.
      I checked Settings then About and then Content.
      It showed 2 entries for me a 2007-2010 JKLinc and the other is 2007-2011 JKLinc

Which I understand is what the new map should look like, having 2 maps displayed even if you only have the 1.21 installed.

Again this is on a Windows mobile unit, so not still sure if there is a glitch with the symbian or the newer version.

Comment

the rg-ph map works fine on the symbian version of mobilext.
        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Please check if your settings for route preference is either faster time or shorter distance and not off road.

Comment

Yeah that is a great suggestion Jayteecie! Didn't think of that

Guys that use Symbian OS and have 1.21 map, can you please confirm if there are in fact 2 maps shown in the "about" / "content" area? Just wanted to check if the install on mine is normal or not.

TTFN
            Arvin

Comment

Arvin, in my Nokia N95 8Gb mobile XT there is only 2007 - 2011 JKlinc. And in Tools/Settings/Manage My Data/Map Sets/MapSource, there are two Roadguide.ph, one is for POi and the other is the Map.

Comment

Xotech,

Thanks for the info. Hey didn't know that the mapsets are found in the Tool/Mydata. I checked and I have 2 maps there and when I unchecked one after the other I lost the Streets then after that the POIs, that that means the 1.21 is the only map loaded and is working on my unit.

Jundhel, how are you doing with your problem? Hope it is resolved! If it is please let us know what happened.

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by jundhel03 View Post
                  sir i cannot use map 1.21 in gar mobile xt. There is a complete map but it has no routable information. I cannot make route to other roads even the main roads. I want to know if it is compatible with garmin mobile or there a way to do that..
                  Please help me sir what can i do to make routable this map 1.21 on my garmin mobile xt 5.00.50. My cellphone model is nokia n79.
                  After reading this, I tried to download the 1.21 on my HP ipaq hw6965 GM XT and it works. The OS is Win Mobile 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by jundhel03 View Post
                    pls post screen shot of your mapsource with v1.21 map selected on the drop-down selection of mapset/product.

Comment

Nokia N95 8GB

Originally posted by Xotech View Post
                      Arvin, in my Nokia N95 8Gb mobile XT there is only 2007 - 2011 JKlinc. And in Tools/Settings/Manage My Data/Map Sets/MapSource, there are two Roadguide.ph, one is for POi and the other is the Map.
                      Xotech,i also have N95 8GB phone,how to install map on it to my phone??i really appreciated a alot if you can help.more power..

Comment

Originally posted by coycasil View Post
                        Xotech,i also have N95 8GB phone,how to install map on it to my phone??i really appreciated a alot if you can help.more power..
                        coycasil, since you have a Nuvi 205w, I'm sure you already have installed MapSource on you computer and installed also the Standard Map v1.07 for JM which I anticipate is installed on your Nuvi 205w. With regards to your phone, all you need is to install Garmin Mobile XT software in your phone. Once installed, connect your phone to your computer and do the same procedure as you install the map in your Nuvi 205w with MapSource.

HTH

Comment

What is now the latest MAP version?

Originally posted by doki View Post
                          pls post screen shot of your mapsource with v1.21 map selected on the drop-down selection of mapset/product.
                          Hey doki,
                          How are you? It's been a long time that I have not join the group. Pls. help me I want update my old roadguide map. I want to know also what is the mapsource version which can work. I forgot the procedure on how to download the latest map. My old map roadguide version is too old.
                          Many thanks.
                          Best regards,
                          Edc2d

Comment

Working...
                          X