overwritten default maps of my garmin nuvi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overwritten default maps of my garmin nuvi

I have installed the jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map but it seems that it has overwritten the standard maps of my garmin nuvi 1300.

How can I get it back? Cant I install the roadguide map along with the standard map (several countries) of the garmin?? Also, I am planning to use this in hong kong/china anytime soon. Anybody has updated maps for it?

Thanks in advance guys!

Originally posted by gunman168 View Post
    I have installed the jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map but it seems that it has overwritten the standard maps of my garmin nuvi 1300.

How can I get it back? Cant I install the roadguide map along with the standard map (several countries) of the garmin?? Also, I am planning to use this in hong kong/china anytime soon. Anybody has updated maps for it?

Thanks in advance guys!
    it should still be there. connect the nuvi to your pc and inside the garmin folder there should be a gmapprom file. that's your "standard map". the gmapsupp file is the 1.07 free map.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      it should still be there. connect the nuvi to your pc and inside the garmin folder there should be a gmapprom file. that's your "standard map". the gmapsupp file is the 1.07 free map.
      I connected my nuvi. Explored the garmin folder. Upon inpectig the Map fodler there is only 1 file in it. The gmapsupp.img. No gmapprom.

Comment

I connected my nuvi. Explored the garmin folder. Upon inpectig the Map fodler there is only 1 file in it. The gmapsupp.img. No gmapprom.
        Hi,

Please check properties of your nuvi in explorer, if your used space is larger than 1.5Gb then your standard map is still in there. Mine is located in hidden folder ".System"

Comment

Originally posted by sphanuel View Post
          Hi,

Please check properties of your nuvi in explorer, if your used space is larger than 1.5Gb then your standard map is still in there. Mine is located in hidden folder ".System"
          Still no gmapprom file. I dont have the ".System" folder either.

I cannot change country. I mean there is no other option in the "Change country" other than Philippines.

How can I be able to revert back or also use my default world map from garmin for my nuvi 1300? Coz I am planning to go to hong kong soon and I would want to have maps for it.

garmin nuvi 1300
          Last edited by gunman168; 01-09-2011, 20:51.

Comment

Still no gmapprom file. I dont have the ".System" folder either.

I cannot change country. I mean there is no other option in the "Change country" other than Philippines.

How can I be able to revert back or also use my default world map from garmin for my nuvi 1300? Coz I am planning to go to hong kong soon and I would want to have maps for it.

garmin nuvi 1300
            Please check which maps are installed in your nuvi thru
            "Tools->Settings->Map->Map Info"

This should give you info what map is installed in your nuvi.

Comment

Originally posted by sphanuel View Post
              Please check which maps are installed in your nuvi thru
              "Tools->Settings->Map->Map Info"

This should give you info what map is installed in your nuvi.
              Only the Roadguide.ph

No other maps.

Comment

before you install RG what map is installed there?
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                  before you install RG what map is installed there?
                  The default world map of Garmin for the nuvi 1300 was installed in the machine by default. I just upgraded it to the more updated roadmap.ph but it seemed my default world map was also overwritten or something. I dont use an SD card and just use the internal memory but I think my nuvi has enough internal space. Right now my nvui still has 1.12GB of space (only roadguide map and no world map).

Comment

if im not mistaken, worldmap of garmin is only the basemap. (not sure)
                    check if you have gmapbmap inside the garmin folder. better yet, post a screenshot
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      if im not mistaken, worldmap of garmin is only the basemap. (not sure)
                      check if you have gmapbmap inside the garmin folder. better yet, post a screenshot
                      Where exactly should I look for it?

here is one:

Last edited by gunman168; 01-10-2011, 23:52.

Comment

Where exactly should I look for it?
                        From the looks of it you didn't enable "Show hidden Files and Folders" and un-check "Hide protected operating system files" in Folder Options.

From Explorer:
                        Tools->Folder Options->View
                        1. Select "Show hidden Files and Folders"
                        2. Un-check "Hide protected operating system files"
                        3. Apply and Ok.

Here's my Folder Structure:
                        You should be able to find gmapbmap.img and gmapprom.img in folder ".System"

Comment

Oh right, there it is!

Here's the pic:

What shall I do next?

Thanks for all the support my friend!
                          Last edited by gunman168; 01-11-2011, 03:32.

Comment

right now we are looking for the gmapprom file coz under normal circumtances , if you buy a unit, a map comes along with it(but not all). thats the gmapprom.

on the normal 3 digit nuvi model, those map are stored under garmin folder not the system folder. but since this is a 4 digit folder, they store it under the system folder so it seems.

but take a look inside the garmin folder. whats inside? (if possible, if you post screenshot. put it in detail mode. so that we can see the size)

if there is no gmapprom then its bye bye to the preloaded map.
                            you did mention about a world map. Garmin will not give you a world DETAILED map. so that might be the base map, which is the gmapbmap.

my other question is did you register your unit to the garmin website? if you did and they have an update, MAYBE that update will install your missing file, if any. remember i said MAYBE.
                            - Bruce Lee

Comment

Oh right, there it is!

What shall I do next?

Thanks for all the support my friend!
                              you still have you basic map. In your nuvi "tools->settings->map->info"
                              unchecked roadguide.ph this would revert your basic map. Please let us know if this is your map before you install RG map.

Comment

Working...
                              X