No announcement yet.

Nuvi 1360 "Philippine Edition"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Ecoroute HD compatible with this unit?

Comment

Hello! I recently bought a Nuvi 1360 from CompLink. So far so good. I only noticed a slight change of road name near where I live.

And another problem I encountered is: my son's netbook (windows7) and his desktop (Win XP) cannot detect the GPS unit. It only re-charges the battery but wont install any software. So I was not able to utilize the Training Center, Map Source and Demo Map.

Any tips?

Thanks
      Last edited by akit; 04-03-2011, 22:28.

Comment

Akit,

Please visit here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....88&postcount=1

If you have been there, and you have installed training center (First) then Mapsource second, then you should have all the necessary software you need, again just to be sure please only download 6.15.7 (version maximum) don't get later version or it will not work with RG maps.

Take note also that what I do is turn on computer, after everything is settled then I open mapsource, after mapsource is open, I turn on my GPSR when it fully turned already (the screen that has where to and view map screen) I then connect the MiniUSB cable into the GPSR and to the computer. The GPSR should change display.

If not, then yeah something is wrong... please post back, but I can't help you anymore coz that is the extent of my knowledge on this subject.

Good luck!
        TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

Thank you Arvin! I will try your technique. Also, I am now trying to register my unit at my.garmin.com and it's been almost 15mins on "Please wait while the Communicator Plugin detects your connected devices."

I am also DL the free routable map. I might be able to use it?

Thank you very much

---------------------

Update:

Thanks Arvin! Your technique worked! The Mapsource has finally detected my unit

Now I'll try the other stuff...

-----------------------------------

Weird...when I registered my Nuvi 1360 at Garmin website, it said:

Product name: nuvi1350,GPS,Philippines
          Serial number: ***003***

Bakit kaya?
          Last edited by akit; 04-04-2011, 00:22.

Comment

i have navteq...its detailed in limited areas. even in those areas, its not as updated and complete as rg. even well known destination isnt included unlike rg. it doesnt have villages included unlike rg.

Disclaimer:
            my first post after a long absence hehehe...im finally back will post new poi soon and found some corrections to rg map. keep up the great work guyz!

Comment

Akit,

You may want to email Garmin about it, but I suspect that 1350 is the base model that is why it was detected as such, or tat maybe because our mapsource is older, it only recognizes the 1350, I am not sure, don't quote me on that. Anyway as long as it works Also do not upgrade your mapsource to test it out, or you won't be able to use the RG map with newer mapsource.

I don't know which is more updated navteq or the RG free 1.07, I hope for their sake tat it's the Navteq that is more accurate or else, there is no use in paying for the Philippine version

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

Hi Arvin.

Thanks so much for your reply. Things are getting unresolved as I do not know whether to ditch the Navteq map as I do want to see how RG map actually works.

Also, since I am using a Mac, I believe that RG is not compatible with it. Lots of if's and what's and I'm getting confused on how to go about using RG on my Nuvi.

I do hope an RG Samaritan could spare time to meet with me over coffee and truly show me how to make things work. I would truly be indebted.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by akit View Post
                  Hi Arvin.

Thanks so much for your reply. Things are getting unresolved as I do not know whether to ditch the Navteq map as I do want to see how RG map actually works.

Also, since I am using a Mac, I believe that RG is not compatible with it. Lots of if's and what's and I'm getting confused on how to go about using RG on my Nuvi.

I do hope an RG Samaritan could spare time to meet with me over coffee and truly show me how to make things work. I would truly be indebted.

Cheers!
                  join EBs and also if youre using mac, theres a thread here discussing how to install mapsource
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Gracias HBT.

Is there any upcoming EB?

Comment

Gracias HBT.

Is there any upcoming EB?
                      EBs will be posted here http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

also. heresthe link for mac user http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ight=mapsource

btw, where are you from?
                      Last edited by hbt; 04-18-2011, 13:25.
                      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi Arvin.

Cheers!
                        Prefer wine...
                        I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                          EBs will be posted here http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42

also. heresthe link for mac user http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...ight=mapsource

btw, where are you from?
                          Another round of TY's HBT. Am from Tandang Sora, Old Balara.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
                            Prefer wine...
                            Thanks likewise Tofu. Regret to say that I'm allergic to anything with alcohol. Hanggang pa toast-toast na lang.

Comment

I have tried the Ovi map of the Philippines on my Nokia E72 during my last visit, and can honestly tell you that it does not even compare to the RG MC's version. Here's why:
                              1. Lacks a lot of POI's, especially in the Makati area.
                              2. Try driving on EDSA with it. If you don't know (more or less) where you are going, you will end up driving into the centre barrier, as it abruptly tells you to "turn left" near the Rockwell (Estrella) offramp where there is no offramp
                              3. The Nokia GPS struggles to keep a lock on the satellites when walking between high-rise buildings. Whilst this may be a hardware issue, I still find it annoying to have to stop every now and then to let it lock on before I continue walking. It's worse when you have the phone in your pocket, and I never thought it to be a good idea walking around with it in my hand (and advertising a fairly expensive mobile phone to all and sundry) trying to let it keep a sat lock.
                              4. Some street names in Makati are labelled incorrectly.
                              5. The pronunciation of some of the street names are actually quite amusing Whilst not a native Tagalog speaker, I had some good laughs (and frowns) when using the voice prompts with street names active.

Here's my 2 cents. Keep on feeding this worthy project as it is by far the best solution in Phils when it comes to GPS and maps. I even suggested it to the guys at Avis (near the airport) when I last rented a vehicle that they should approach the mods here to make units pre-loaded with the full map available to tourists, and offer them some kind of incentive to return the unit with mapped waypoints. The guy looked at me and said GP-what?...
                              ________
                              Nicolatin Live
                              Last edited by rudirautenbach; 09-10-2011, 15:01.

Comment

Rudi,
                                Yeah I agree with you, but you compared Navteq to RG Contributor's map, I always maintain that our RG contributor's map is the most up to date. But the mis pronunciation is normal often we get a kick out of it

Akit,

I have lost track of the topic, but if you want to try RG map but afraid that you might lose the Navteq map, then just find a way to backup your unit first before trying. I helped NonoyT with his 205W which came from the US, loaded it with the free map first and luckily it did not delete the built in map for the US. But be sure to backup.

You may use the Phil. Navteq map as a backup for when you are still not yet a contributor, but once you contribute enough, and get the contributor's map I am sure you won't even consider going back

TTFN
                                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X