Nuvi 1360 "Philippine Edition"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 1360 "Philippine Edition"

Hi guys does anyone have any feedback about Nuvi 1360 "Philippine Edition" recently saw one on a shelf selling for around 15000 is this reasonable? Thank you...

where is the unit sold? the only nuvi 1360 unit is locally sold in india
    no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Is this from one of the official garmin retailers? Navco have their own phil map too.

Comment

Hello sorry for the late reply... i saw the garmin nuvi 1360 'philippine edition' in one of the cyberstores at SM Cubao along with a nuvi 1300. I forgot what's the name of the store but it's displayed in the front window and it's near the Globe Telecom store.

Comment

I saw one being sold at Complink Trinoma. It has a legit box and the sample image on it features Jose Abad Santos. And I've also noticed (based again on sample image) that it displays POIs while navigating.

Comment

hi

hi guys:

i am planning to buy a garmin too, currently a newbie and looking for what to buy. Is the 15K Phil Edition a good buy? is the 1300 model good? compare to 255/265w that I been reading in this forum. Thanks

Comment

It's very expensive. Buy a Garmin 1350 in the U.S. ($150), contribute to Roadguide.ph and you get a map for free.

Comment

Thanks Walter. I am studying and reading here in the forum the various models on which one to get.

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                It's very expensive. Buy a Garmin 1350 in the U.S. ($150), contribute to Roadguide.ph and you get a map for free.

Comment

Just got my 1350. Bought it from amazon.com for USD99.99 free shipping within the US. Had it shipped to a friend's house in the US, who brought it here. now working with the roadguide.ph basic map, quite happily I must say. am looking forward to getting the updated map though. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by joeybar View Post
                    Just got my 1350. Bought it from amazon.com for USD99.99 free shipping within the US. Had it shipped to a friend's house in the US, who brought it here. now working with the roadguide.ph basic map, quite happily I must say. am looking forward to getting the updated map though. :-)

thats a good buy and congrats

hope to see your data contribution soon
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

The Nuvi Philippines is also available in Garmin Singapore!

http://www.garmin.com.sg/products/on.../nuvi_1360_ph/

I just wanna know if the map used here is different from roadguide map...

Thanks!

Comment

J3K2,

The info on that site "in the box" mentions of a preinstalled Navteq map, so that is what is in that unit, Not RG or any other free maps available for download.

I have no first hand experience with the Navteq Philippine map, so I can't comment on how it compared with the Contributor's map of RG.

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Thanks for the reply Arvin! So, finally they noticed the growing GPS user in our country (good news if I may say).

If anyone has the Navteq Phil Map, please share with us a quick review.

Comment

You can sort of inspect Navteq's data on maps.ovi.com (since Nokia is the owner of Navteq).

http://maps.ovi.com/#|14.567|121.033|7629|0|0

They don't show any POIs but you can get a feel for how much roads they cover and the website has directions so you can test routing as well. It appears that they only cover a few areas in detail such as Baguio, Angeles, Metro Manila, Boracay, Cebu, and Davao.

Comment

Thanks Seav! will check it out....

Comment

Working...
                              X