TOYOTA OEM HU with gps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOYOTA OEM HU with gps

question lang po,,, yung HU po may kasama na po na philippine map 2008 pa po, ive noticed parang kulang kulang sya,,, how will i update po yung gps,,, paseneya na salamat guys newbie here
    Last edited by magtatahong; 12-24-2010, 07:26.

Sir, Welcome to Roadguide.ph

First of all, please post in English, we have a very varied membership base and it is our forum policy to post in English as the standard language.

That said, though I am not really directly affiliated with Toyota, I know that there is only a few vehicles that have OEM GPS as of date. Please post what vehicle do you have!

However chances are that your Head unit is by AVT, in which case they are not Garmin Compatible and therefore not compatible with RoadGuide.ph Maps. If you can confirm that you have an AVT model, please contact your Toyota dealer or try to Contact AVT directly on how to upgrade your map.

Hope this helps.
    TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      Sir, Welcome to Roadguide.ph

First of all, please post in English, we have a very varied membership base and it is our forum policy to post in English as the standard language.

That said, though I am not really directly affiliated with Toyota, I know that there is only a few vehicles that have OEM GPS as of date. Please post what vehicle do you have!

However chances are that your Head unit is by AVT, in which case they are not Garmin Compatible and therefore not compatible with RoadGuide.ph Maps. If you can confirm that you have an AVT model, please contact your Toyota dealer or try to Contact AVT directly on how to upgrade your map.

Hope this helps.
      TTFN
      Arvin

sorry sir,, thanks for reminding, no its not avt,, my vehicle is a fortuner 2010, i got my HU from the other forum, the HU is an oem of fortuner thailand,,, and yes its a gamin compatible,,

Comment

Originally posted by magtatahong View Post
        sorry sir,, thanks for reminding, no its not avt,, my vehicle is a fortuner 2010, i got my HU from the other forum, the HU is an oem of fortuner thailand,,, and yes its a gamin compatible,,

if its garmin compatible then our map here will work.

how... we dont know you didnt provide us with enough info for us to even try

merry Xmas
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Aha! Cool, well first you should call your unit Toyota Thailand Market OEM or such because if you just say Toyota OEM most of us will assume it's from Toyota Motors Philippines. Very interesting unit you have there, so as HBT mentioned we need more information about your unit, if you hold back with info we can't help you

I know of a Navi unit OEM from Thailand that is with Garmin, but as of now I understand there are several types now. So the most important thing you have to find out is this.

Does it have an external GPS module? Just like a Garmin GVN52? Please good Garmin GVN52 to see.

If you have a module like that, you are in luck! I should be able to help you.

If you don't have an external module, meaning the Garmin system is built in with the H/U or what we call AVN (audio video Navigation) then hopefully someone else can chime in.

TTNF
          Arvin

Comment

, how will i update po yung gps,,,
            update gps or map? If map, you need to connect your HU to a pc with mapsource. How to connect? Contact your HU dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

tnx so much for the reply, my HU has a memory card for the gps.....

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...h_gps_for.html
              Attached Files

Comment

tnx so much for the reply, my HU has a memory card for the gps.....

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/28...h_gps_for.html

put this inside your memory card: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

***--- as always, do this at your own risk
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Toyota Sequoia 2010 GPS Head unit

Hi! Just want to know if anyone has experienced installation of GPS SD Map into Toyota 2011 Sequoia? Tried searching the web for months and unsuccessful. I saw some GPS DVD Map in Ebay but they usually sell North America and canada version map. Just trying my luck maybe there is somewhere out there who knows how to do it. Tried calling local Toyota dealership but they do not have it as well.

just for reference:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TUNDR...d1def7&vxp=mtr

Hope someone can help me... Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sd card missing..

hello i bought a 2013 fortuner 2.5 g a/t, it has a HU gps ready. the gps antenna is installed but the gps sd card is missing.. Can anybody help me to get this for free? download it maybe?

Comment

Unfortunately you're out of luck. Toyota has AVT navigation and their SD card is encrypted. You need to buy their own SD card for your GPS to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X