Rev Aglipay to Boni Ave, One Way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rev Aglipay to Boni Ave, One Way?

I was coming Araneta Ave and passed N. Domingo. Hoping to avoid Ortigas and EDSA traffic I was going to take the Christmas route of the MMDA and get to the Makati Mandaluyong bridge, but then the GPS recommended Blumentrit so I followed directions to Rev Aglipay. I was told to turn left onto Aglipay and it merged into Boni. When I got to Boni I had a feeling I was going the wrong direction on a one way road.

Can the Mandaluyong natives, or those that pass that route regularly, enlighten me? Is that section of Boni that merges into Aglipay one way going to Blumentrit (or New Panaderos, alternate name I saw on Google Maps)? Also I can't figure out how I got on Boni, it seems like I missed that turn to stay on Aglipay. Any insight would be most appreciated.

Originally posted by ricocamus View Post
    I was coming Araneta Ave and passed N. Domingo. Hoping to avoid Ortigas and EDSA traffic I was going to take the Christmas route of the MMDA and get to the Makati Mandaluyong bridge, but then the GPS recommended Blumentrit so I followed directions to Rev Aglipay. I was told to turn left onto Aglipay and it merged into Boni. When I got to Boni I had a feeling I was going the wrong direction on a one way road.

Can the Mandaluyong natives, or those that pass that route regularly, enlighten me? Is that section of Boni that merges into Aglipay one way going to Blumentrit (or New Panaderos, alternate name I saw on Google Maps)? Also I can't figure out how I got on Boni, it seems like I missed that turn to stay on Aglipay. Any insight would be most appreciated.
    for query like this, its better to post a gdb file containing the route you mentioned so its easy for us to comprehend.

heres what i know on your questions:
    boni is 2-way from aglipay to edsa, its divided by an island barrier.
    aglipay is also 2-way from new panaderos to jp rizal.
    these are true now unless our mmda did some changes lately.

from new panaderos you turned left to aglipay then theres a junction where aglipay is going right while boni is going left (theres a big church at left side, san felipe neri church), i think you took boni which is the bigger road. you should have turned right to aglipay then drove all the way to jp rizal which will get you to coronado and makati-manda bridge.

hth.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hmm, unfortunately I dont' think that route that you take, usually I am coming from Boni going to New Panaderos. And for some reason I always think of that road as one way towards New Panaderos. On the other hand, I cannot 100% confirm it.

I checked the 1.19 version map and it did allow me to route from New Panaderos left turn to Aglipay. Will keep it as that until we can confirm if that stretch is still one way or not.

Just wanted to warn you though that 1.07 version, though very detailed will lack 12 upates already, so don't use that as basis for your contributions get the 1.19 demo map instead. The problem is that the Demo map can't be loaded on your unit of course and is not routable.

Hopefully someone else can chime in to confirm/answer your question.

As for merging of Aglipay with Boni, actually in the map Aglipay actually turns to your right and goes towards the Pasig River bank. Boni highway officially starts/ends after the part where there is a center island.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
        for query like this, its better to post a gdb file containing the route you mentioned so its easy for us to comprehend.

heres what i know on your questions:
        boni is 2-way from aglipay to edsa, its divided by an island barrier.
        aglipay is also 2-way from new panaderos to jp rizal.
        these are true now unless our mmda did some changes lately.

hth.

this i concur... no changes to the routing.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post

hth.
          Will do, but haven't completely figured out how to do that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
            Hmm, unfortunately I dont' think that route that you take, usually I am coming from Boni going to New Panaderos. And for some reason I always think of that road as one way towards New Panaderos. On the other hand, I cannot 100% confirm it.

TTFN
            Arvin
            I think you and many others think that. When I was driving on that stretch after I missed the turn to Aglipay, lots of cars were on my lane and flashing lights at me. However there aren't any signs indicating it is one way either.

Oh well, think I'll avoid that route.

Comment

Originally posted by ricocamus View Post
              I think you and many others think that. When I was driving on that stretch after I missed the turn to Aglipay, lots of cars were on my lane and flashing lights at me. However there aren't any signs indicating it is one way either.

Oh well, think I'll avoid that route.

Rev. Aglipay is two way... this i can confirm because i live in the vicinity.

Comment

Your post helped me, coz if I continue to think it is oneway towards new panaderos I might take the left lane and if the MMDA or local police are there, I might get in trouble. I have not flashed oncoming traffic there though

As for posting gdb files. You have to use mapsource, zoom in to the place you are asking about, plot a route or a waypoint and then upload it by choosing Manage attachments in the "Additional Options" when you are posting, it's below submit reply button. Dude you have to learn to do that coz that is the same way as how we contribute Hehehe!

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Working...
                X