No announcement yet.

How are the roads to Baguio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my brother was just there last week and he said that the best choice is still Marcos highway, even my Uncle from Baguio agreed.

Apparently there is also now a color coding scheme in Baguio, though from what I heard (don't quote me on this) if you are from out of town they give you a bit of leeway.

TTFN
    Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
      my brother was just there last week and he said that the best choice is still Marcos highway, even my Uncle from Baguio agreed.

Apparently there is also now a color coding scheme in Baguio, though from what I heard (don't quote me on this) if you are from out of town they give you a bit of leeway.

TTFN
      Arvin
      Color coding yes there is... we were there last November and we got caught... though they indeed give some considerations for tourists... they just issued a ticket which is valid for the day...

Comment

You mean you still got caught even if you were from out of town and still issued a ticket which means a fine?

Would appreciate more info coz this is really bad, there is not much public announcement about this and therefore potentially a lot of "victims". At the least they should have a big sign on the start of both major roads going up to Baguio right?

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

This is bad for tourist. Is it the same color-coding scheme that we have in the metro, do they have window periods too?

Comment

La Union to Baguio

Suggestions on which road to take coming from La Union going to Baguio - Naguilian? Marcos Highway? Kennon?
            Which is the safest to take? Easiest? Will be travelling with kids.

How are the road conditions?
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post
              Suggestions on which road to take coming from La Union going to Baguio - Naguilian? Marcos Highway? Kennon?

Thanks.
              If your coming from San Fernando, La Union its better to take Naguilian its shorter and nice roads.

Comment

Originally posted by rosanro1 View Post

Thanks.
                I have always used naguilian road from bauang. Steeps inclines dito.

Tried kennon from manila last april 11. Mas tame itong road na ito in terms of steepness.
                Kung mahiluhin mga pasahero mo this route is better for me.

Ngaun. Question is where in la union are you?

Comment

Originally posted by desertfox615 View Post
                  I have always used naguilian road from bauang. Steeps inclines dito.

Tried kennon from manila last april 11. Mas tame itong road na ito in terms of steepness.
                  Kung mahiluhin mga pasahero mo this route is better for me.

Ngaun. Question is where in la union are you?
                  At San Juan, La Union.
                  With the impending typhoon, I might take Marcos highway or is Naguilian safe during heavy rains?
                  Last edited by rosanro1; 05-08-2015, 10:30.

Comment

road to Baguio

I took Naguilian going up to Baguio coming from San Juan, La Union.

Was surprised that the road is nicer and had a relaxed time going up to Baguio, the inclines were OK compared to Marcos or Kennon.
                    Or maybe it was the relatively few cars/buses due to Typhoon Dodong which made the drive easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X