This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freight Forwarding Guide

To my fellow Roadguide members, I just want to share my experience on how to ship online orders using Johnny Air Cargo.
    Many of us heard or read about it but not quite sure or have the confidence to do it. So I took the plunge..

Here's the story...

First, I called JAC office and asked for instructions. They sent me a word doc via email (see attachment) and I just followed the dierctions.

Timeline:

1. Sept. 2 - I ordered from Amazon and had it shipped to JAC office in NY. (free shipping, took 1 day only / Sept. 2 to 3)

Google street view of JAC, NY branch:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...171.63,,0,-5.8

2. Sept. 2 - I notified Ms. Analyn Diego (analynd @ aol.com) & Ms. Christine Villaranda (johnnyair_sol @ yahoo.com) of my order. (item desc & shipping details)

3. Sept. 3 - Ms. Diego replied that she received my item and is shipping it back to Manila with a tracking number and it will take 4 to 5 working days.

4. Sept. 11 - Got a txt message from Ms. Christine Villaranda, my order is ready for pickup. I think it should have been Sept. 10 but it was a non working holiday.

5. Sept. 12 - Went to claim it at their Makati office (see their website). Used my GPS / Roadguide Map :-) to locate the CJV building. (Lower Ground) use the stairs.
    See attached waypoint.

On my item here's a comparison of the cost. (JAC vs Local Post Office)

- Freight Forwarding JAC: 1,410.64 pesos (1 week)

- Direct International Shipping to Manila and claim at Local Post office: $55 shipping fee (P2,435.40) plus Post office tax (???? / 15 to 18 working days)

That's it, Hope this article helps... :-)

Attached Files
    Last edited by Reiji; 11-25-2010, 09:53. Reason: add website

nice.
    thanks kuya. i will try this very soon.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks Sir Razor, nice info

Comment

Johnny Air

I got my recent experiences with Johnny Air as well and I can confirm all of the above with a few remarks:

The two names to remember:

Analyn Diego, US operations; (whom I call with Skype-out in the US) on (718) 672-7080 with email analynd@aol.com

Christine Villaranda; Manila based, 0917-526-2863, with email johnnyair_sol@yahoo.com

Other email adds (and automated contact form) on the web-site of Johnny Air go unanswered but above two people give you good service.

Best is to follow up your emails next day with direct calling Analyn (to confirm if it arrived in her NY whare-house) and Christine (to confirm arrival in MNL)

I did mention my local telephone maybe 3-4 times in all my communications but when I got my parcel in Iloilo asking why they did not call my they said: "your telephone number was not mentioned on the Airway bill sir!" Hmmmmm.... and they did not even ask my ID when I picked up my 1200 US$ of merchandise; must be my good looks.... or lack of precedures....the first I suspect

In short: Good service at a competitive price; I would use it anytime but needs to be followed up from your side...... Do not rely on their (internal) communication.
        Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Recently tried their services, so far so good and good service, they are even open on Sunday (up to 2pm) , recently purchase 2 friction mounts and one battery (apple )charger , I paid P 1700+. But have learned from other forum that if you buy online for example in Apple- Apple refused to ship as they are classified as freight forwarder, they do not ship to forwarder company. option is to use other online stores such as Amazon

Comment

By this time , we see the convenience of online buying at a reasonable price using the forwarder, take note of the ff:

1. Taxes & handling. I think taxes vary from state to state.
            2.As the shipping is handled by United States Postal service, you might receive an email with attachment USPSLabel.doc stating that the postal package you have sent failed to delivered to recipient address . Pls be careful as it would appear that this is a virus and do not open the attachment , fortunately I'm using Mac.

Comment

I can vouch for Johnny Air's service. I bought my nuvi 255w and friction mount from amazon.com and shipped to Philippines through Johnny Air.

Comment

Johnny Air

The link to their website doesn't work for me.

My question is how do you pay Johnny Air? COD? Credit card? Paypal?

TIA
                I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
                "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by trekker View Post

TIA
                  For me I pay after claiming the items at their office in cash for small items. Not sure if they accept credit cards or Paypal at their Makati office. You can check in advance how much are the charges as they have their own factor used to convert USD to Peso.

Their landline is shown below( look for Christine).
                  • landline: 817-0781 / 750-3821

Of course for online transaction like Amazon then use Credit card or Paypal.

Comment

TIA
                    Check this site for Johnny Air's "You Shop, We Ship Services"... http://www.johnnyair.com/?page=58

and this... http://www.johnnyair.com/?page=82 ... for more info on shipping packages via Johnny Air
                    Last edited by prnd32; 01-18-2011, 08:23.

Comment

TIA
                      They have accounts in BDO and Allied Bank.

Comment

just a heads up for those kuyas planning to send items from the US to the PI through balikbayan boxes...

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/new...n-box-industry

http://www.manilaforwarder.com/restrictions.html

Comment

Im an 11 year customer of JAC. Very happy with their service especially with air freight :-) Using fedex or DHL will have an automatic customs tax even without a governement receipt from them. They also tend to compute above the invoiced amount and you get to pay more. This happens even for items sent to the US for repair (with certificate of origin) and it gets taxed as it comes back home. Pretty odd afaik. Also just a word of caution to those buying online using credit card, be careful as it can be compromised.

Comment

additional info re johnny air

February 24, 2011

Hi, Dr. Cruz:

Thank you for your email. Anyhow, please find below your official US shipping address as follows:

YOUR DEFAULT ADDRESS:

AGT / Your Company Name
                            Johnny Air Corporate
                            69-04 Roosevelt Avenue,
                            Woodside, New York 11377
                            Phone: (718) 672 7080

If your orders will be taxed in NY, please use your New Jersey address, as follows:

AGT / Your Company Name
                            Johnny Air Corporate
                            717 Newark Avenue,
                            Jersey City, 07306
                            New Jersey, USA
                            Phone: (201) 659 5152

The above address is valid and is therefore can be used if you are interested to buy some stuff @ Apple Store, Victoria's Secret, Amazon.com, Walmart,eBay, and other online stores in the US. However, the above address cannot be used in BestBuy Stores so please use our New Jersey office to get rid of BestBuy policy but with some changes as to the shipping address. On the other hand, you may forward this email or the above shipping address format to your friends who might be interested in using our services. Once again, thank you so much for liking our services.

Our regular transit time is 3 to 5 working days.

The following rates / charges are agreed to be applied on your future shipments.

Rate per pound is $6.50 for personal effects; $7.00 for electronics.
                            PLUS: Handling Fee of $5.00 per invoice (office pick-up)
                            PLUS: 12% VAT (optional)

Our chargeable weight is whichever is higher, actual or volume weight. Minimum weight is 2 pounds. Also, there will be an additional fee of $50.00 for laptop per unit. You may ask for a freight quotation prior to using our services provided you will furnish us the details of your shipment.

Your future shipments will be in good hands with Johnny Air.

Please email me back if you have any questions or anything that I can help you with.

Thank you so much.

Comment

I have been using Johnny Air for over 15 years and so far, no problems at all dealing with them.

I have also been using their internet shopping service where they use their credit card to buy items for me - which is great since I don't like using my plastic on the web. This also gets around the problem buying from online retailers who, for good security reasons, insist on shipping your order to your credit card billing address, which usually means your order gets shipped via FedEx/UPS and you end up paying through the nose!

If I may suggest, instead of everyone paying retail rates for JAC services, Roadguide can register as a club/organization with JAC Corporate dept so that members can get the much lower corporate shipping rates. After registering, RG will send a list of authorized members to JAC. Each member on the list can then avail of the corporate rate, and each member is billed and pays individually for his/her shipments.

This can be used as an incentive where, for example, only contributors will be put on the list sent to JAC - so only contributors can avail of the JAC corporate discount.

This is just a suggestion, and I hope it isn't considered out of line, my being a newbie and all...

In the meantime, I just placed an order at Amazon for a Nuvi and shipped though JAC, will update you guys on rates and if there are any glitches.

Hope the group finds this info useful.

Comment

Working...
                              X