X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upload new and old road names here for next map version

I know the title doesn't make sense but bear with me:

Everyone knows buendia, but it is now called Sen Gil Puyat.

Or Pasay Road <> Antonio S Arnaiz

Or Herrera <> Ruffino

So please enter them in this here thread.

Please use a gdb file where you use a waypoint to indicate the new name followed by // the old name

Example

Sen Gil Puyat//Buendia
    Antonia S Arnaiz//Pasay Rd
    V Ruffino//Herrera
    Chino Roces//Pasong Tamo

the // are necessary so i can automate the processing, so please only gdb files no other waypoints, no tracks, no routes, only new and old streetnames separated by //

this will make it possible to search for Buendia and Sen Gil puyat will show as well. so this will make address search even easier.

thanks in advance.

Only new//old names here please. for naming unnamed roads, please use the correction thread. Thanks.

small recapitulation:
    NEW//OLD ONLY
    NEW//RD NOT HERE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE
    Last edited by Reiji; 12-08-2010, 07:24. Reason: highlighted important portion

I have been thinking for a long time now how to phrase this question and I searched about the proper thread and couldn't find any that relates to what I want to do.

Here in Bulacan, In San rafael, in particular, there is a long road named Tambubong traversing from tambubong (barangay name) to many barangays thereafter.

How can I send correction names for the road to reflect the proper barangay names so Tambubong will end within the boundary of Tambubong, then cangin will begin and end where the boundary for that barangay ends?

Comment

Wow Kuya, you mean you have along stretch of road that changes names depending on which barangay it pass through?

So that for example:

1st Kilometer is named Tambobong street
      2nd Kilometer is named Brgy 2 (for example)
      3rd Kilometer is named Brgy 3 (for example)

Please reconfirm that the same road changes names several times through the area?

If above is correct, then should be as easy as using the "route tool" in basecamp or Mapsource. Click the start and end of Tambobong and then rename that route as "Tambobong rd or street" then from where the Tambobong street ends put a new route again up to the end of the other road name example Brgy 2 road. Then at the end of brgy 2 road route, start another route (using route tool) and then rename that as Brgy 3 road.

Just to be very clear, I am talking about road names here not brgy boundaries and stuff.

Hope this helps.

If any of the Admin Gurus reply differently though, please follow their instructions.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        Wow Kuya, you mean you have along stretch of road that changes names depending on which barangay it pass through?

So that for example:

1st Kilometer is named Tambobong street
        2nd Kilometer is named Brgy 2 (for example)
        3rd Kilometer is named Brgy 3 (for example)

Please reconfirm that the same road changes names several times through the area?

If above is correct, then should be as easy as using the "route tool" in basecamp or Mapsource. Click the start and end of Tambobong and then rename that route as "Tambobong rd or street" then from where the Tambobong street ends put a new route again up to the end of the other road name example Brgy 2 road. Then at the end of brgy 2 road route, start another route (using route tool) and then rename that as Brgy 3 road.

Just to be very clear, I am talking about road names here not brgy boundaries and stuff.

Hope this helps.

If any of the Admin Gurus reply differently though, please follow their instructions.

TTFN
        Arvin
        Yes.

as you can see in this googlemap capture, starting from tambubong, going to caingin, pantubig, lico and so on, the road is actually named after the barangay which has geographic jurisdiction over it.

Comment

Who says Google map is correct? Is that the actual naming on the ground as per your personal knowledge?

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            Who says Google map is correct? Is that the actual naming on the ground as per your personal knowledge?

I am not saying google map is 100% correct but in reality the road is unanamed and we refer to the road according to the baranggay na nakakasakop sa kanya.

I used to live in Pantubig so I am familiar with this.

I just used googlemap capture to point what I want to say.

I just want to point out that this is better than the current naming "Tambubong" of the road from tambubong up to several barangays on.

I mean if you are in Lico and you call the road Tambubong road, people would think you are crazy.
            Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 11-05-2014, 09:48.

Comment

Fair enough then!

How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Deo,

Per Kuya Jan's acceptance and your screenshot.
                I think my suggestion should work, using the route tool to rename each section as per my reply to you

I just realized I have actually gone through this road before, visiting my cousin's farm. Unfortunately I have not been able to map the other roads there that still are unnamed coz we usually are in a tight schedule... gasp!! worse scenario for me, going to a new place and not having enough time to go mapping!

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Ayala Malls Serin Diversion Road

Now open
                  Attached Files
                  d1754
                  "Do not worry for tomorrow because tomorrow has worry of its own" - Mathew 6:34

The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving fountain;
                  those who accept it avoid the snares of death
                  . Proverbs 13:14

Comment

Originally posted by d1754 View Post
                    Now open
                    kuya,
                    file is blank when converted to gpx.
                    can you mark this in the map and upload a gdb file?
                    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                    X