Need opinion on Brand and Model for GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need opinion on Brand and Model for GPS

Hi to everyone, don't know if my thread na ganito dito. I just want your opinion people what brand and model of GPS is the best, considering the worth of money and the quality of the unit. Still at the moment undecided pa ako kung what brand and model should I buy. Gusto ko sana itry yung china brand na worth 4500 lang pero worried naman ako sa quality ng product and its map updates and other stuff. Hopefully mabigyan nyo ako mga feedback nyo so I can come up with the decision. Please consider also yung extra features na available sa unit. Preferred ko sana yung may bluetooth for handsfree. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mav1ae View Post
    Hi to everyone, don't know if my thread na ganito dito. I just want your opinion people what brand and model of GPS is the best, considering the worth of money and the quality of the unit. Still at the moment undecided pa ako kung what brand and model should I buy. Gusto ko sana itry yung china brand na worth 4500 lang pero worried naman ako sa quality ng product and its map updates and other stuff. Hopefully mabigyan nyo ako mga feedback nyo so I can come up with the decision. Please consider also yung extra features na available sa unit. Preferred ko sana yung may bluetooth for handsfree. Thanks in advance.
    hi mav1ae. welcome to roadguide.
    here are some threads that might help you.
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1905
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2681
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2657

Comment

hi,

i just want to share my thoughts on gramin products. i have both the handheld mapping unit and the navigational unit, nuvi model. in choosing what unit to buy will first and foremost depends on whether u will use it mostly in your vehicle (vehicle dependent considering the battery life of most nuvis last atmost for only 5 hours) or not vehicle dependent (handheld unit battery life last atmost for 15 hours). from here i guess that must have give you a good idea of what unit will suits you best.

with my handheld gps unit, i can bring it anywhere without worrying for the battery. not to mention other features you dont get to see on a nuvi unit like altimeter, electronic compass, thermometer, area calculation and many more. you can even mount it in your bike, motorcycle, plane, and rocket. hehehe. just kidding aside.

in my honest opinion, i would go for a mapping handheld like oregon, dakota, and the like.

im a proud owner of a colorado 400t...though a dicontinued product of garmin. hahaha!

sam

Comment

welcome to roadguide.
        if you want to use our map, it should be garmin.
        what model? depends on how you intend to use it: car navigation only, track recording, marine, etc.
        for car navigation, go with basic unit nuvi 255w if budget is limited.
        if you do have bigger budget, i suggest nuvi 1370.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Choose Garmin.

I agree with docsamcruz in that, the choice of which model to get would greatly depend on the application. That said, it's obvious that the TS is interested in a car-mounted GPS. With that, I recommend the Nuvi 855W. Bluetooth, voice-activated, user-replaceable battery, among others, highlights the features available on this model.

With car-mounted GPS, battery life should not be an issue as these units comes standard with cig. lighter power cables.

It costs around 12k, I think, if you look hard. Try to avoid those being sold at the mall for they carry a price tag that is 2-3x its SRP.
          Last edited by oj88; 08-12-2010, 12:33.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

thank you for the input

Thank you for the inputs sir Doki, Docsamcruz, Reiji0463 and
            oj88.

Here are my thoughts.
            - the gps will be mainly use for car navigation, in this case battery will not be an issue.
            - I prefer with the feature of Bluetooth handsfree for safe driving.
            - FM transmitter will also be a great feature, so that during handsfree I and use my cars head unit to amplify the sound.

This time I am looking into Garmin products for me to be able to use roadguide and offcourse Garmin as all know is a good and have good quality. This are the models that I am thinking of, Nuvi 265WT and 765T. Which one would you recommend peps? Thanks again. Your inputs are really highly appreciated.
            Last edited by mav1ae; 08-12-2010, 23:42.

Comment

the 765 would handle all your requirements - car nav, BT and FM xtr. but I would suggest against solely depending on the FM xtr for your calls çoz if you were in the middle of a call and end up in an area where there is another station transmitting in the same freq as your designated FM freq link between your PND and HU, the stronger station would be the one you'd hear.
              but you could probably try to hook up your HU and PND via the earphone jack and an aux in if you like. :-D
              hth
              Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-13-2010, 05:50.
              ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Thank you for the inputs sir Doki, Docsamcruz, Reiji0463 and
                oj88.

Here are my thoughts.
                - the gps will be mainly use for car navigation, in this case battery will not be an issue.
                - I prefer with the feature of Bluetooth handsfree for safe driving.
                - FM transmitter will also be a great feature, so that during handsfree I and use my cars head unit to amplify the sound.

This time I am looking into Garmin products for me to be able to use roadguide and offcourse Garmin as all know is a good and have good quality. This are the models that I am thinking of, Nuvi 265WT and 765T. Which one would you recommend peps? Thanks again. Your inputs are really highly appreciated.
                1370. same features as 765 but its slimmer and lighter.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                X