I Need Help on Custom POI Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Help on Custom POI Alert

Hi, just recently bought a Garmin Nuvi 785T. I just want to know how will I put a notification/alert sound in my nuvi everytime I'm making the right turns or miss the turns as well. I found this feature in Magellan units. A ding-dong alert sounds everytime you make a turn. I am using mapsource as my editor and poiloader to upload the .gpx file into my Garmin.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi,

http://home.comcast.net/~ghayman3/ga...tm#pagepoitext

I have to use POILoader for this. If you want, I can help me make a headstart. Just give me the .gdb file of the waypoint you want to make as custom poi.

Comment

Help needed for setting up my gps

hi dessertfox,

sir good morning

i just recently bought a gps and dvd player na touch screen sa autoline makati..hybrid po yung brand and garmin ang gamit sa gps..problem ko is di masyado udpated yung maps ko and i cant save routes..halimbawa nagsave ako ng address ko sa bahay tapos pag pinatay ko na ang kotse nawawala na sa my locations ang data na sinave ko. i also cant save in my contacts. i am getting error message..id really love to talk to someone who can help me. if there is anyone out there who can help me and can give their number i can call po. please help po.parang nanghihinayang ako sa binili ko kasi at di ko nagagamit nang maayos..pati mga POI ayaw gumana.di ko lam kung ano gagawin

Comment

Originally posted by mackeyan_2315 View Post
        hi dessertfox,

sir good morning

i just recently bought a gps and dvd player na touch screen sa autoline makati..hybrid po yung brand and garmin ang gamit sa gps..problem ko is di masyado udpated yung maps ko and i cant save routes..halimbawa nagsave ako ng address ko sa bahay tapos pag pinatay ko na ang kotse nawawala na sa my locations ang data na sinave ko. i also cant save in my contacts. i am getting error message..id really love to talk to someone who can help me. if there is anyone out there who can help me and can give their number i can call po. please help po.parang nanghihinayang ako sa binili ko kasi at di ko nagagamit nang maayos..pati mga POI ayaw gumana.di ko lam kung ano gagawin
        pls post in english as we have a lot of foreign members.
        thats part of our forum rules which you have agreed upon entering our site.

regarding your question, i do not have first hand knowledge on such units. kindly wait for other members who are familiar with generic brands.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

..halimbawa nagsave ako ng address ko sa bahay tapos pag pinatay ko na ang kotse nawawala na sa my locations ang data na sinave ko.
          Is this a Head Unit or portable system? if its an HU, your HU "probably" does not have a battery backup and "might" have a dual power system, 1 main, 1 memory. The installer might have installed both the main and memory lines together. Try to check the manual for this.

If its a portable unit, check the battery first.

Comment

@mackeyan 2315
            Have your car electrician check the wirings again. if you're not retaining memory settings, he must have missed the yellow or blue wire that should "always" be connected to B+.

Regarding you're outdated map, start reading posts on this forum on how to gain contributor status. Cheers!

Comment

hi dessertfox,

sir good morning

I think this is the Flyaudio head unit?

Comment

not sure (since i don't own one) but i heard that you have to turn off the GPS first before you turn off the HU to retain the data.
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                X