Avt gps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iceColdgin View Post
    although possible, you can update this yourself by upgrading the sd card but it will require disassembling that part of the dashboard covering the MIS then removing the MIS so that you can insert the new SD card at the back. might not be worth it if it will just lead to warranty issues
    Does Winterpine(or the CASAs) update the AVT in this way also?

Comment

Originally posted by gtv View Post
      Does Winterpine(or the CASAs) update the AVT in this way also?
      yep, when they updated the map on my MIS' GPS, they showed me the new SD card that they inserted

since i got the OEM GPS, i have been using the nuvi 205W less and less

Comment

if you were based in manila, you just have to go to winterpine and they will update it for you

but if you are in the province, you can update this through the mitsubishi dealer in your area

although possible, you can update this yourself by upgrading the sd card but it will require disassembling that part of the dashboard covering the MIS then removing the MIS so that you can insert the new SD card at the back. might not be worth it if it will just lead to warranty issues

p.s. i also got a GTV unit and i already had my map updated by winterpine from version 1.6a to version 1.7a. for the differences in the versions, just go to the iNav website

I also got GTV and upgraded the map thru inav ofc in Q.C. Using the gps just input EO Works to destination. 16a to 17a map version.

AVT is nice due to some features like junction view and 7" LCD. how ever, I prefer our RG map due to its much detailed map which I found to be very useful and our routing is much better specially on out town trips.

Comment

i am sure that RG's contributors map is great

unfortunately i do not have access to it. so far, my schedule does not allow me the time to make and give contributions.

perhaps when i am in the province then i can contribute a more detailed map of my neck of the woods and hopefully get access to the contributors map

Comment

yep, when they updated the map on my MIS' GPS, they showed me the new SD card that they inserted
            Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Comment

aside from garmin, AVT also caught my interest as this is the OEM installed in isuzu units...and I got an old isuzu unit with me that needs a gps hehehe. Well
              Im standing by for more inputs...keep coming guys.

Comment

since i got the OEM GPS, i have been using the nuvi 205W less and less
                Still... I heard AVT units are still pricey, the lowest cost for a certain model is
                around 9k...still high compared to other units and even entry leavel nuvis

Comment

Originally posted by mblue View Post
                  Still... I heard AVT units are still pricey, the lowest cost for a certain model is
                  around 9k...still high compared to other units and even entry leavel nuvis
                  Yes you're right, entry level nuvis are much cheaper, and be a contributor. I also have an oem avt with the latest update 17a installed in my vehicle and I find our RG map more reliable especially if you travels a lot is it more detailed and the routing is more accurate.

Comment

AVT in Toyota Fortuner

I just took delivery of my Fortuner last week, and decided to have the full AVT system (including the reverse cam, subwoofer and LCD monitors in the headrests) fitted by Toyota Makati. It added about PHP90K to the cost price of the vehicle. Here's my conclusions, in most cases I have compared the AVT with my Nuvi loaded with RG (of course...)

1. The navigation (GPS receiver) is so weak that it often will take 20-30 minutes to find a lock on the sats whilst driving. The Nuvi takes 4-5 minutes at most. On two occassions, I drove from QC to Makati on EDSA, and the lock would only happen when I pass Greenhills...now how do you operate a GPS like that???
                    2. The maps are not nearly as detailed as RG's.
                    3. I cannot say for sure how well the routing works, as I never got the thing to lock on sats for long enough to actually enter a destination and try it out.

I took the car back 2 days later and demanded that they remove the piece of **** from my car. They agreed to refund me the full sell price.

So, in short, stay away. I will be heading over to Banawe next weekend to pick some good quality car sound, and will just continue to use my trusty old Nuvi with RG...

Comment

Had a chance to use this AVT unit from a friend just for comparison with our RG map and the unit itself. Everything just work fine though its really far behind with our trusted NUVIs units and our RG map. Map is not that clear as appeared in the screen, graphics is just enough to say that it is a GPS and the voice is not as good as KAREN having the euro accent. The only thing that I think is perfectly friendly is the BPI FAMILY BANK locations where it is posted/installed in the map perfectly. BPI seems to be one of the sponsors and partner for the distribution of AVT GPS units locally.
                      If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Hahaha! This gives me an idea. I should make a Poll in the forum as to what voice do members use on their GPSR. My copilot/Girlfriend is Karen too, don't worry my Wife knows her as well

Regarding BPI and AVT, just wondering, how big a difference it is between their BPI POIs and our Bank POIs? There is a BPI logo on AVT?

Actually if I am not mistaken, IF we really wanted to, we could make one like that, but not sure how complicated it gets. I am not a moderator of our map, but I imagine that if we go out of our way to classify one POI/WP as something, the guys can make a custom TYP for it, just like how Kuya HBT is able to make those Nails for hardware Stores and Building Icons.

Then again, we don't have BPI as sponsor do we? Besides it is easy to type in our favorite Bank in search and we should be able to find it on the map easily.

Unless of course I did not fully understand the feature that you mentioned.

But Kuya Loop, between having Karen talking to me and BPI... no contest! Even though some Gurus say that Karen apparently is Gay!

TTFN
                        Arvin

Comment

Hello, can anyone confirm if the new Montero Multimedia system is by AVT or not? It has DVD, Radio and of course Navigation. My cousin told me that it has junction view. It's all built in.

TTFN
                          Arvin

Comment

Yes both the high end GTV and low-end GLS-V have the AVT Multimedia system with 7in touchscreen lcd monitor. The navigation is provided by iNav. The only thing lacking is the reverse camera which can be installed separately.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation JayT

There was a problem on the unit my cousin has with the compass and barometer but the navi worked fine. He mentioned that junction view which is nice.

TTFN
                              Arvin

Comment

Most owners of Montero with complaints on their MIS (Multimedia Information System) go directly to Winterpine@Aurora blvd as they are the provider of the system. I believe its coordinates is in the Navi so he can just search it there.
                                It just needs resetting.

Comment

Working...
                                X