No announcement yet.

Avt gps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does anyone know how much this thing costs? according to clubzz forums, the retail of this is 18k-18.5k. way too expensive compared to the basic garmin units. but! you get to have a video player and mp3 player..

but i'll still stick with the garmin hehehe..

Comment

retail is 18 to 18.5k but the original price of those things. less than 10k

Comment

Just saw the numerous videos above. 18k for a unit that keeps you off the road? why oh why...

Something is very very wrong.

Comment

Boy, watching those videos made me glad I opted for a Nuvi. No offense to edgarign. My dad has one but I always take it off and use my Nuvi instead whenever I have to drive his car.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

none taken...my expectations are high for this unit because of accu-map but i guess one should not jump into buying something without research and reviews. I'm looking forward getting myself a garmin or getting a GPS Nav kit for my Kenwood DDX8032BT headunit. (it's Garmin as well).

Comment

Latest update for avt was dated on FEB 10, 2011

Has anybody re-tested the unit again with the latest update?

I was able to purchase one recently and will be trying to drive out from Manila to Tagaytay this Saturday will probably post some results on how this will fair out

Comment

Hello Inque,

Hmmm, there are probably a few AVT users here in the forum, but I suggest you look for a dedicated AVT user's forum, not RG, because AVT does not use Roadguide maps, and therefore chances of you getting feedback about AVT questions is very slim.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't think RG specifically disallows discussion of AVT and other GPS units available, so it's fine to post questions here, it's just that chances of you getting feedback from the majority of the members are slim

TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

@Arvin

Yeah I'm probably shooting at the dark here, but the community here seems to be more active as compared to the AVT / Inav / accu-map forums

Sadly I'm stuck with the AVT and crossing my fingers that they got the maps / navigation updated properly.

Comment

Originally posted by antonboq View Post
                    thanks for the review. post ka videos when you can. im interested to see it in action.
                    This is your lucky day. I just saw the latest 2-din AVT car stereo with GPS last saturday at Toyota Pasong Tamo. Its operational so you can play with it on display. You may want to drop by there soon before somebody buys it. One more thing, its selling for P80,000. Wheeew...

Comment

I've been using the AVT A-800 since March or April 2009 but I've never compared it to any of the GPS specifically the Garmins being used in the Philippines (though I've used some in the US). For me, the heart of the unit is always the map that is inside.

One thing nice about the map provider of the AVT (Accumaps) is that they regularly update their maps (which I'm sure many of the users here do too though independently). The recent map updates have included search of addresses with house numbers and they're pretty accurate too... just input the house number and the street/city and viola... it gives directions on how to get there.

The AVT forum has little activity though some questions could be coursed directly by emailing the support team at support@inav.ph. So far, they have responded to my questions though it takes time.

I'm hoping I could get a Garmin soon and be able to contribute more and perhaps even compare the units.

Comment

heard avt is getting better? it has house numbers now?

Comment

A lot better compared last year... Aside from searching by house numbers, some "flyovers" and overpasses have street views when one passes through them as part of going to a programmed destination.

It helps by giving a street view of which direction to take on a larger scale compared to the "usual" much smaller map or voice instruction.

Comment

Just got the latest Montero Sport 4X4 GTV model and quite impressed with the AVT head unit included. 7" touch screen and the map is pretty accurate when I drove from Butuan to Mallberry Cagayan de Oro, though it gave wrong direction somewhere along the way. On a side note, its Bluetooth connectivity is also impressive and it has a provision for a camera which I had installed a Reverse camera and it worked! Just wondering if the map could be updated though..

Edit: According to this site, http://www.inav.ph/new_updates.html a new map has been released April 30, 2011. Now how to upload this to the unit?
                            Last edited by jayteecie; 05-04-2011, 11:09.

Comment

1. Download the appropriate file according to the model of your unit
                              2. take out the SD card from your unit and insert in your computer making sure the SD card is "unlocked" or "writable".
                              3. Click the downloaded file and it should automatically update the info in your SD card
                              4. After the process, insert your SD to your AVT... you might have to restart or reset the unit

Comment

Originally posted by jayteecie View Post
                                Just got the latest Montero Sport 4X4 GTV model and quite impressed with the AVT head unit included. 7" touch screen and the map is pretty accurate when I drove from Butuan to Mallberry Cagayan de Oro, though it gave wrong direction somewhere along the way. On a side note, its Bluetooth connectivity is also impressive and it has a provision for a camera which I had installed a Reverse camera and it worked! Just wondering if the map could be updated though..

Edit: According to this site, http://www.inav.ph/new_updates.html a new map has been released April 30, 2011. Now how to upload this to the unit?
                                if you were based in manila, you just have to go to winterpine and they will update it for you

but if you are in the province, you can update this through the mitsubishi dealer in your area

although possible, you can update this yourself by upgrading the sd card but it will require disassembling that part of the dashboard covering the MIS then removing the MIS so that you can insert the new SD card at the back. might not be worth it if it will just lead to warranty issues

p.s. i also got a GTV unit and i already had my map updated by winterpine from version 1.6a to version 1.7a. for the differences in the versions, just go to the iNav website

Comment

Working...
                                X