Speed Limit Alert/Indication

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Limit Alert/Indication

Is the roadguide map capable of displaying a speed limit alert/indication? I tried to over-speed at SCTEX but it doesn't indicate any alert. I think this is useful for motorist's safety, aside from avoiding fines, especially on Expressways. If there's a way we can contribute for this, please advise. Thanks.

if you want speed limits, you need to create a custom POI whereby you indicate the speed limit to a POI and/or distance to the to which the speed limit indicator would activate.

tried to make one before by tagging all the speed limit signs, but got put on hold due to my ever growing things-to-be-contributed stuff which are being left unprocessed.

read about custom POIs (CPOIs), I know we ought to have a thread or two regarding these and I know there are threads out there with CPOIs which you can freely DL and load into your device.

HTH
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
      if you want speed limits, you need to create a custom POI whereby you indicate the speed limit to a POI and/or distance to the to which the speed limit indicator would activate.

tried to make one before by tagging all the speed limit signs, but got put on hold due to my ever growing things-to-be-contributed stuff which are being left unprocessed.

read about custom POIs (CPOIs), I know we ought to have a thread or two regarding these and I know there are threads out there with CPOIs which you can freely DL and load into your device.

HTH
      Aside for a speed limit custom poi (limited to proximity to a point of interest ), our map can have speed limit data. Hopefully this and other safety features can be integrated in our RG map when Garmin gets on board to help with our Free Philippine Mapping Project.

I previously requested for a separate custom poi contri thread specifically for accident prone areas. Unfortunately some just added humor (joking about drunk drivers) to the thread but did not reply to the inquiry.

You will find this and my u turn slot custom poi contribution under Other Downloads, contributors section.

OT:I will be releasing an updated uturn slot soon. I'm seeing a lot of uturn slots have gone missing since my last update.
      Last edited by MFB; 05-25-2010, 08:44.

Comment

Working...
      X