Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi on a Bike

Hi guys,

I'm into cross country biking... recently ordered a bike mount with waterproof nuvi case... Anybody here with a Nuvi on a bike? if you can please post your set-up. TIA

i just have the RAM gps handle bar mount for my 760 on a foldable dahon jack, pics to follow

Comment

details of mount

Sirs please post the details regarding the amount, where did you bought it, price, pics. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
        Hi guys,

I'm into cross country biking... recently ordered a bike mount with waterproof nuvi case... Anybody here with a Nuvi on a bike? if you can please post your set-up. TIA
        now ko lang na realize, are you talking about motor bike or bicycle?

Comment

pasawsaw -- I'm interested with regards to bicycles if there are any solutions.
          ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by balongbalong View Post
            now ko lang na realize, are you talking about motor bike or bicycle?

for bicycle sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
              Hi guys,

I ordered a bike mount from amazon... and it works just fine on my MB... planning to get a nuvi 550 that is waterproof... am currently using a nuvi 205W in my car and on my bike..

Comment

Here are pics of the waterproof Nuvi bike mount that my friend brought from the States... quite big but serves it's purpose.
                Attached Files

Comment

made by RAM

Comment

Here's another option:

Capdase Bike Mount Holder
                    SRP: SGD29.90

Tested my Nüvi 765 and it fits -- if you mount it in the "portrait" orientation, then just rotate the holder so you end up in the regular "landscape" orientation. Definitely not weather-proof. Initial inspection shows it may not be suitable for offroad biking... most likely leisure biking only. Not too sure with regards to whether it'd be able to sustain the weight of the 765 for an extended period. If it doesn't, I still have the Omnia/E90 originally earmarked for this mount in the first place.

HTH
                    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

It's nice to see the mounting options for Nuvis' on mountain bikes but imho, it's too much of a risk in case your bike takes an unexpected dive as Nuvi's are not built to take such hits (except maybe for the 500 series). So ingat bros and sis... Or (if budget allows and if you've already caught the biking upgraditis virus ) upgrade to the Edge 705, or the Etrex or the 60CSx...

Comment

I'm also into biking but I'm afraid i might break my Nuvi specially when we do trails and downhill tracks. Maybe I won't take the chances.. =)

Comment

Originally posted by marvzzz View Post
                          I'm also into biking but I'm afraid i might break my Nuvi specially when we do trails and downhill tracks. Maybe I won't take the chances.. =)
                          garmin edge is for biking since it measure your heart rate, laps etc... but its not waterproof
                          i will take a look at their Dakota or the Oregon series since its waterproof and it's rugged. so i guess it can handle all the bangs. you'll just have to find a good mount for the bike
                          Last edited by hbt; 07-15-2010, 00:33.
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                            garmin edge is for biking since it measure your heart rate, laps etc... but its not waterproof
                            i will take a look at their Dakota or the Oregon series since its waterproof and it's rugged. so i guess it can handle all the bangs. you'll just have to find a good mount for the bike
                            Here's a good handle bar mount for the Oregon kuya bai http://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Mou...156366&sr=1-18

... and mounting options for Nuvis http://www.amazon.com/ChargerCity-Mo...5&sr=8-3-fkmr0 and http://www.amazon.com/RAM-BICYCLE-MO...2&sr=8-4-spell

Comment

i purchased a RAM 274 for my 255. looks sturdy enough. but i probably won't be using it for very rough trails. pang road trips lang. suitable for trips to timberland, sieramadre, antipolo, daang hari. i just wish i have the legs and the will power to ride those destinations

quick question though, if my config is for 'bicycle" and not car, do i need enable easter egg to get 1S tracks? so i can contribute tracks?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X