manila to baguio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

manila to baguio

this first time travel baguio with airplane.
    but due to bad weather we didn't land.
    and wayback to manila there are air traffic to landing.

point start hayatt hotel mabini - terminal II- land
    and rest are air route manila - baguio
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kalapati; 02-15-2009, 14:22.

Originally posted by kalapati View Post
    this first time travel baguio with airplane.
    but due to bad weather we didn't land.
    and wayback to manila there are air traffic to landing.

point start hayatt hotel mabini - terminal II- land
    and rest are air route manila - baguio
    can you use the gps while flying? Dont they prohibit turned on electronics while taxiing?

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
      can you use the gps while flying? Dont they prohibit turned on electronics while taxiing?
      GPS is reciving device only. not communicate divice.

Comment

Originally posted by kalapati View Post
        GPS is reciving device only. not communicate divice.
        I know but did you let the crew see you using the gps? Its still an electronic device. I was just wondering why mp3 players, psp gadgets etc are not allowed and gps' are...

Comment

same question.. buti di ka po nasita nung gamit mo ung gps mo..
          yung celphone nga kahit naka-off flight mode medyo nakakakaba gamitin yung camera o mp3 function kasi mahirap mag-expalin kung may sumita..
          anyway, one time napanood ko sa philippine news, gamit nila sa army helicopter yung gpsmap76 during a search and rescue operation..

Comment

is really forbidden to use electronics when on a plane? ive tried it on air philippines and cebu pacific. from what i know you cannot use cellphones on take off and landing since it interfere with the communication in the pilot cabin.

as for other electronic gadgets, after the seatbelt is safe to remove, you should be able to use them. i've asked an air phil steward to use a camcorder and says it's ok. I played psp the whole trip when on board cebu pacific with no problems too

Comment

I think any gps unit is not forbidden in flights because they do not transmit any form of signals. Remember, they only receive signals from satellites which are present anyway with or without the device. Reason why cellphones are forbidden is because they might interfere with the electronics of the plane, for the reason that they do transmit electronic/electromagnetic signals for communication. That's why other forms of electronic devices are ok for use during flight including laptops, game consoles, ipods, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                I think any gps unit is not forbidden in flights because they do not transmit any form of signals. Remember, they only receive signals from satellites which are present anyway with or without the device. Reason why cellphones are forbidden is because they might interfere with the electronics of the plane, for the reason that they do transmit electronic/electromagnetic signals for communication. That's why other forms of electronic devices are ok for use during flight including laptops, game consoles, ipods, etc.
                Laptops, game consoles, ipods, discmans and mp3's are okay above a certain feet while flying but not during takeoff and landing. Are GPS' device allowed during those times?

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
                  Laptops, game consoles, ipods, discmans and mp3's are okay above a certain feet while flying but not during takeoff and landing. Are GPS' device allowed during those times?
                  Theoretically, I don't see how GPS receivers can affect the avionics of any aircraft. But then again, airline officials would rather impose a blanket ban on the use of anything electronic during takeoff and landing just to be on the safe side. They don't have time to train their staff on how to distinguish safe and unsafe items because in recent years, integration has made used-to-be harmless electronics like game consoles, PDA's, laptops, etc. to have transceivers built in them (ie. WiFi) which they think has a potential to pose a danger to the aircraft.

Why more strict during takeoff and landing? Besides the fact that the pilots have higher reliance on their equipment during this time, and such, external factors affecting the avionics is undesired, they also don't want laptops or PSP's flying inside the cabin in case they have to do emergency maneuvers.
                  There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

One of the reasons why electronic and digital devices are not allowed during take off and landing is because it emits radio frequency signals that might cause harmful interference to the radio communications of the airplane.

Comment

gps units have batteries. batteries can explode or be used as a detonating device. during the aftermath of 9-11, any electronic device was prohibited. now, the airlines/airport officials are more laxed in the implimentation of their security rules and guidelines.

Comment

Working...
                      X