This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
    how long have you waited for a signal lock?
    Yesterday, i was driving from house to work about 20 mins and no signal lock whatsoever. then again today, no signal lock for the first 10 min, then i got a lock after 10 mins of driving with a 50meter accuracy then after about 2 min, it showed poor sattelite reception then no more signal. the problem is intermittent. Before i used to get a good signal lock with accuracy of 6 meters but for the past 2 weeks i am having a hard time getting a lock. I am planning of doing a hard reset then re-install the maps. do we have a procedure on doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
      Imho if your nuvi is consistently functioning unlike what it's supposed to as mentioned by other nuvi users, then there might be something wrong with it... Try google your problema with your nuvi and see what answers google comes up with... HTH
      i will try this as well and do a hard reset if the unit is capable of doing so. i hope this can solve the problem on my unit

Comment

Originally posted by rixxer View Post
        i will try this as well and do a hard reset if the unit is capable of doing so. i hope this can solve the problem on my unit
        To reduce sattelite lock time to under a minute, I suggest you invest in a external gps antenna.
        Also satellite lock will be within 3 to 7 most of the time.

The gilsson available in amazon or directly from their site has a lot more info about the benefits of an external antenna.

Comment

As for a hard reset, I suggest you check if there's a firmware update available for your model first. What's your current/software revision?

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
            As for a hard reset, I suggest you check if there's a firmware update available for your model first. What's your current/software revision?
            sir i am not sure about the software version. how can i check this?

Comment

sir i am not sure about the software version. how can i check this?
              try tools-system-about.

before investing on an external antenna,
              check first if your unit has a port for it.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi guys, I am having a hard time acquiring sattelite locks. Even if i drive on open space, still no signal. I am using the same course. Sometimes, i can get a 5meter accuracy but there are times with totally no sattelite signal. I didnt change anything in my Nuvi. Is there a manual procedure to force my nuvi to do acquiring/locking sattelite faster?
                sir it may be due to your tint. i also experienced it if i'm using it on my other car with 3M tint super dark. for platinum is ok. you may try also using it in open space (outside your car or house) just to check and validate your nuvi

Comment

nuvi 1350

hi guys. newbie here. have been playing with my nuvi 1350 for about a week now just to get used to it. will be going on a week-long road trip down south next week. hopefully we have enough time to go all the way to surigao or butuan. anyway, i have a few questions:

1) my unit seems to record tracks as a default. although I'm not sure if it does so all the time or when it stops (if it does). all I know is some new tracks appear on the map whenever I download/upload data from my computer to the gpsr. is this tracking feature on all the time? if not, when does it not record tracks?

2)am not sure how much internal memory the unit has. am concerned if it has enough memory to store all the tracks for my southern road trip. how often should I transfer the data to my computer? also, when my computer receives the data from the gpsr, is the data automatically erased from the gpsr or do I have to do some manual file procedures? how is this done?

3)i have a 4gb sd card on the gpsr but don't know what to use it for except for pics(haven't even actually tried it yet). any recommendations?

TIA

Comment

Joey,

The tracks that you mentioned are normal tracks and not 1sec tracks. If you are planning to contribute 1sec tracks for calibration purpose or if there are any new roads that you want to contribute it is best to turn on the 1sec tracks feature of the 1350.

If you are concern about normal tracks filling up your unit, I think it should not be a problem, 1sec tracks however will eventually fill up your unit unless you download them.

For regular tracks it is easy to delete tracks from your unit.

To Turn on your 1sec Logging please visit:
                    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....5&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by joeybar View Post
                      1) my unit seems to record tracks as a default. although I'm not sure if it does so all the time or when it stops (if it does). all I know is some new tracks appear on the map whenever I download/upload data from my computer to the gpsr. is this tracking feature on all the time? if not, when does it not record tracks?
                      your unit can record 2 types of tracks:
                      1. normal tracks-records everytime your turned it on and you cant turn it off.
                      you can extract it using mapsource (received from device icon). you can also see it in your gps, go to tools->settings->map->trip log
                      2. 1-sec tracks-you have to activate it in your gps unit and download recorded tracks to your pc. this is the type that we want for track uploads.
                      read this thread for more details:
                      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384
                      2)am not sure how much internal memory the unit has. am concerned if it has enough memory to store all the tracks for my southern road trip. how often should I transfer the data to my computer? also, when my computer receives the data from the gpsr, is the data automatically erased from the gpsr or do I have to do some manual file procedures? how is this done?
                      normally 2gb memory. it wont get full easily but you have to download it periodically say every 2 weeks.
                      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Arvin,

Thank you very much for your reply. Looking forward to contribute.

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                        Joey,

If you are concern about normal tracks filling up your unit, I think it should not be a problem, 1sec tracks however will eventually fill up your unit unless you download them.
                        Just for clarification, are the 1sec tracks automatically erased from the unit once they are downloaded?

Comment

Reiji,

Thank you very much for you reply.

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                          your unit can record 2 types of tracks:
                          1. normal tracks-records everytime your turned it on and you cant turn it off.
                          you can extract it using mapsource (received from device icon). you can also see it in your gps, go to tools->settings->map->trip log
                          2. 1-sec tracks-you have to activate it in your gps unit and download recorded tracks to your pc. this is the type that we want for track uploads.
                          read this thread for more details:
                          When I download tracks to my computer, will it download both types of tracks at the same time? or is there a separate procedure for each type?

Comment

Hi! i got a garmin nuvi 205 my cousin gave it to me. i dont have a philippine map...pls help tnx

Comment

Originally posted by sneakers View Post
                              Hi! i got a garmin nuvi 205 my cousin gave it to me. i dont have a philippine map...pls help tnx
                              hi. this will help you http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

Just for clarification, are the 1sec tracks automatically erased from the unit once they are downloaded?
                                AFAIK your tracks are only erased when it is overwritten or if you manually erase them...

Comment

Working...
                                X