• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenngso View Post
    ahhhhhh.......

thanks
    check this thread:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1426
    download upgrade 109.d01.
    another file upgrade 109.exe is still missing due to server migration. sorry.
    download 109b patch from here:
    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1430
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

How will I put my waypoints saved from Mapsource to my Nuvi 680? My Mapsource was corrupted but I saved my waypoints to a file (gps database).

Comment

Originally posted by PageDown View Post
        How will I put my waypoints saved from Mapsource to my Nuvi 680? My Mapsource was corrupted but I saved my waypoints to a file (gps database).
        Reinstall your mapsource first ,after which you may open all your saved waypoints in mapsource, then attach your Nuvi and send the waypoints (in mapsource ) to your unit. just like sending the map to your unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PageDown View Post

may i ask what happen to your mapsouce?
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

There is an error message that says a missing file like *.mdx. What's that?

Btw, my mapsource and Garmin Nuvi maps are different. When I bought the nuvi, it already ahs a built-in Philippine map.

How will I sync them, meaning the maps are similar so that I can insert my saved waypoints?

Comment

Hi sirs,

It appears all data (such as 1S track logs, "where am I" waypoint) I input in my GPS receiver go to the latter's internal memory. How can I set it up such that all data shall go to the removable memory card (SD)? Thanks.
              Garmin 260W

Comment

Originally posted by anthony.pinoy View Post
                Hi sirs,

It appears all data (such as 1S track logs, "where am I" waypoint) I input in my GPS receiver go to the latter's internal memory. How can I set it up such that all data shall go to the removable memory card (SD)? Thanks.

dont think it can be done. i think all nuvis are built like that
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

Comment

Hi guys, I am having a hard time acquiring sattelite locks. Even if i drive on open space, still no signal. I am using the same course. Sometimes, i can get a 5meter accuracy but there are times with totally no sattelite signal. I didnt change anything in my Nuvi. Is there a manual procedure to force my nuvi to do acquiring/locking sattelite faster?

Comment

Originally posted by rixxer View Post
                    Hi guys, I am having a hard time acquiring sattelite locks. Even if i drive on open space, still no signal. I am using the same course. Sometimes, i can get a 5meter accuracy but there are times with totally no sattelite signal. I didnt change anything in my Nuvi. Is there a manual procedure to force my nuvi to do acquiring/locking sattelite faster?
                    afaik, there is no manual procedure. you just have to wait for it to acquire signal. it would be quicker to get a signal lock from position where it was previously turn off. hth.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                      afaik, there is no manual procedure. you just have to wait for it to acquire signal. it would be quicker to get a signal lock from position where it was previously turn off. hth.
                      Hi Sir Reiji
                      i see. since i am just new when it comes to these GPS units, i would like to know if this is normal? i mean are there times that its difficult to get a lock on the signal? how often is this expected? how to know if it is reallty abnormal? How to prevent if any?

Comment

Hi Sir Reiji
                        i see. since i am just new when it comes to these GPS units, i would like to know if this is normal? i mean are there times that its difficult to get a lock on the signal? how often is this expected? how to know if it is reallty abnormal? How to prevent if any?
                        based on experience with my lowest nuvi model , getting a lock should not be a problem, especially on open spaces. i have experienced not getting a lock only 2-3 times in my one and a half year of using it, and what i do is just reboot the unit and the problem went away.

and with cold boot, i normally get a lock in less than a minute. with hot boot, a few seconds only.

if you experience that problem often, then there might be an inherent fault with your unit.

Comment

if its inside the car, the car tint is also a factor.
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

that is what i want to establish. how would i know if there is a problem on my unit? not being able to get a lock is really annoying. i have been using the unit inside the car with tint. it might be the culprit. but i try to bring it out as well in the open but i still cannot get a signal lock. how can you test if the unit is defective?

Comment

that is what i want to establish. how would i know if there is a problem on my unit? not being able to get a lock is really annoying. i have been using the unit inside the car with tint. it might be the culprit. but i try to bring it out as well in the open but i still cannot get a signal lock. how can you test if the unit is defective?
                              Imho if your nuvi is consistently functioning unlike what it's supposed to as mentioned by other nuvi users, then there might be something wrong with it... Try google your problema with your nuvi and see what answers google comes up with... HTH

Comment

how long have you waited for a signal lock?

Comment

Working...
                                X