Puerto Galera various tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puerto Galera various tracks

If you happen to visit Puerto Galera this summer, here are the various tracks(with waypoint - for reference only) I got from during the Island hopping, visiting the underwater cave and snorkeling. Note the picture of Gps for marine at the boat (Golden Osprey). The Gps seems for display only. The skipper just relied on their instinct he he. My 60 csx got wet as expected but still ok. Just tied the gps in the life vest and leave it as is. Of course I need to remove the gps during snorkeling. B y the way, gps unit is made by Yaesu- The Japan mfr of two way radios etc...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jspalaroan; 04-16-2010, 11:56.

Puerto Galera is a soothing vision of shimmering seas surrounded by lush mountains. It is considered one of the most beautiful and developed beach resort community in the country. Starting from "backyard tourism" wherein local residents accept local and foreign tourist as stay-in guest, the island's tourism has flourished. In the course of time, several hotels, resorts, inns and restaurants have mushroomed within the area.

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
      B y the way, gps unit is made by Yaesu- The Japan mfr of two way radios etc...
      Just for the record, the chartplotter in the photos is made by Standard Horizon, a UK company in business for over 50 years.

Terry
      I stay on the leading edge of obsolescence!!
      "It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not take risk cannot win" John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by trekker View Post
        Just for the record, the chartplotter in the photos is made by Standard Horizon, a UK company in business for over 50 years.

Terry
        Hi Terry-you are correct, it seems big companies have strategic partners to cater the markets. They claim its a marine division of Yaesu. But their model does not have the CP prefix I would say you have seen a lot of models and different models too, I have very little experience on this

http://marinedirectory.ybw.com/Marin...&category_id=1

Comment

Working...
        X