• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got these from cdr-king, and mounted on the side mirror

TM-S2218M
    Universal Windshield Mount Holder
    Php 180.00

Custom designed holder fits perfectly and holds all types of Mobile phones, PDA, GPS, iPod, PSP & MP3/MP4 devices securely on motorcycles.
    Convenient and easy to install on motorcycles

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by neilgratuita View Post
      I got these from cdr-king, and mounted on the side mirror

TM-S2218M
      Universal Windshield Mount Holder
      Php 180.00

^Hi sir, picture please
      Walang bisyo, TxT lang..

Comment

poor mans gps motorcycle mount

here's gps 276 mount on a honda 100 wave
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by uargon View Post
          here's gps 276 mount on a honda 100 wave
          the vtwin with the shaft drive in the background? virago?
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
            the vtwin with the shaft drive in the background? virago?
            uh hmmm kuya. yes virago

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
              The Ram Mounts that come with the Zumo has held up on light to moderate offroad terrain so far and it looks like it will be able to take extreme bashing. However the Zumo mount from TouraTech seems more solid.
              I have a ZUMO 550 and bought with it a GARMIN mount. I am not familiar with the Touratech mount but I am really beating my ZUMO on rough roads and it's garmin mount never failed me.
              All gadgets have their own typical disadvantages and I made the following solutions:

1/ Irritating small locking screw on top of the mount. Can only be opened with a special "Garmin" screw driver. I just solved this by replacing this screw with a conventional type.....

2/ Power supply cable is supposed to be direct linked to the battery. This makes the mount easy to steal; they only need to unscrew the wing nut of the mounting clamp, cut the power cable and gone is your mount.......
              I solved this by putting a power jack to the mount and I can plug it into my bike and easily remove the mount/Zumo and store them in my top-case where ever I park the bike.

3/ Mounting clamp itself is easy to get lost and when you remove the mount. I solved this by tying the clamp to the mount in a way that it remains movable. I used rebar-tying wire (in Tagalog: lumbre?!?), it does the job perfectly. I am pretty sure I will never loose the mounting clamp this way. Attached some pictures to explain.
              Attached Files
              Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Originally posted by Iloilo-city View Post
                3/ Mounting clamp itself is easy to get lost and when you remove the mount. I solved this by tying the clamp to the mount in a way that it remains movable. I used rebar-tying wire (in Tagalog: lumbre?!?), it does the job perfectly. I am pretty sure I will never loose the mounting clamp this way. Attached some pictures to explain.
                there's supposed to be a spring that keeps one end pushed open and the other end closed...
                works great for me as i havent lost a mount yet...

i cant see the spring in your pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  there's supposed to be a spring that keeps one end pushed open and the other end closed...
                  works great for me as i havent lost a mount yet...

i cant see the spring in your pics?
                  Thanks for your info....
                  Hmmmm, so there was supposed to be a spring........ never saw that one when I bought the unit.... next time we meet maybe you can show me...... bound for Duma at the end of this month coming back from the Davao convention....
                  Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.[Shakespeare]

Comment

Originally posted by Iloilo-city View Post
                    Thanks for your info....
                    Hmmmm, so there was supposed to be a spring........ never saw that one when I bought the unit.... next time we meet maybe you can show me...... bound for Duma at the end of this month coming back from the Davao convention....
                    might see you there. (if the darn thing will start... starter gave up today...)

in the meantime enjoy this crappy cellphone pic as how it should look like
                    Attached Files

Comment

Can someone show how to wired the Gps (eg. Zumo or 60 csx etc..) power supply cable to these bikes? 12V or 5V supply? For cigarrete lighters in cars its 12V.

Comment

Here's my Garmin oregon 200 on a touratech mount.

Comment

Arkon GPS032 - rain proof, handlebar mount, GPS case

This is what I bought, to use the lowest cost Garmin (3.5" Nuvi 255, but the 'W' 4.3" Nuvi, fills up the width better):-

To maintain Power I fitted a waterproof 12V Power Outlet

The Arkon GN032-SBH Mount, fitted to the right side of my XT225 handlebar

The Arkon GPS-WPCS Water Resistant GPS case attaches by screw ring collar to the ball mount.

I discovered one really needs a 'Visor' to shade the Nuvi screen in the frequent bright sunshine we get here in the Philippines.

I recently bought an SBC-10 from CDR King to give more battery capacity and for charging my WBT-201 Bluetooth GPS logger and my Nokia N95 8Gb phone. This has a Solar cell that can provide up to 100mA to keep the internal 2000mAh lithium cell topped up.

As it comes with cables and adaptors for cell phones and has a built in torch also, for Php580 (the price of 4 x Sanyo 'eneloop' batteries only), I think it was well worth it.

The SBC-10 (in a custom fit, heat seal plastic cover to protect from rain, that extends beyond, to keep the rain out of the sockets and cables, with a press-stud fold over wrap fastner) clips into an aluminium mount on top of the 'Visor' I made (used matt back insulating tape covering to help prevent glare on this prototype) The Visor + SBC-10 on top, clips into place on a mount bracket that I attached to the Arkon GPS-WPCS case.

I am intending to test out how well this SBC-10 addition copes with providing power for Nuvi, WBT-201 and Nokia N95 on a 12 Hour/500Km Endurance IRONAZZ Ride
                          around Cebu on October 30, 2011

Last edited by Britster; 10-21-2011, 12:42.

Comment

Here is my DIY mount which the battery life can be extended to as long as there is a battery pack available (soon I will be hooking the nuvi into the bike's power supply). Also, it can be waterproofed in so many ways possible (ziplock, cling wrap etc.)

The red rubber which serves as a non slip for the cable ties, also serves as a damper for vibration. The velcro which is super sticky and attaches super strong with each other serves as another vibration damper.

So far, I have clocked 600kms over rough terrain going to and fro baler without fail and still holding on.

Last edited by ravewave; 11-08-2011, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ravewave View Post
                              Here is my DIY mount which the battery life can be extended to as long as there is a battery pack available (soon I will be hooking the nuvi into the bike's power supply). Also, it can be waterproofed in so many ways possible (ziplock, cling wrap etc.)

The red rubber which serves as a non slip for the cable ties, also serves as a damper for vibration. The velcro which is super sticky and attaches super strong with each other serves as another vibration damper.

So far, I have clocked 600kms over rough terrain going to and fro baler without fail and still holding on.
                              ravewave,

Don't you have a problem viewing the Garmin Nuvi screen, with the sun shining on it at that angle?

Even in such Arkon Case, at near vertical angle, I have a problem with glare from the sun if it to the sides or behind me?

That is why I made the clip on Visor, and then added a clip in mount on the top to hold the SBC-10 2000mAh Battery and Solar Charger. It shades my screen and tops up the battery at the same time.

I might buy a RAM Mount and integrate such Visor, and use my custom fit heat seal plastic 'bag' to keep the rain out. That Arkon case is bigger than it needs to be for a 3.5" Nuvi 255

It is were a 4.3" Garmin Nuvi 255W or 265W and had the battery pack in the lower half of the case, then the size of such case is justified, as well as offering some bump shock and vibration protection!

Comment

Originally posted by Britster View Post
                                ravewave,

Don't you have a problem viewing the Garmin Nuvi screen, with the sun shining on it at that angle?

Even in such Arkon Case, at near vertical angle, I have a problem with glare from the sun if it to the sides or behind me?

That is why I made the clip on Visor, and then added a clip in mount on the top to hold the SBC-10 2000mAh Battery and Solar Charger. It shades my screen and tops up the battery at the same time.

I might buy a RAM Mount and integrate such Visor, and use my custom fit heat seal plastic 'bag' to keep the rain out. That Arkon case is bigger than it needs to be for a 3.5" Nuvi 255

It is were a 4.3" Garmin Nuvi 255W or 265W and had the battery pack in the lower half of the case, then the size of such case is justified, as well as offering some bump shock and vibration protection!
                                I actually have a hard time viewing especially when the sun is at its peak. Saw your clip visor and it was not bad. Planning on making one myself too. Over the weekend, I have been window shopping and it brought me to MotoMarket. It is along C5 just beside Eastwood. I found and bought myself (early Xmas gift) a Givi S950 GPS holder.

http://www.ghostbikes.co.uk/products...er-(s950).html

It costs 2800 and they have 3 more in stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X