Motorcycle Mounted GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi sir,

can the nuvi withstand the vibration and impact of the road in a motocycle?

sometimes the suction cup of my nuvi just pops out of the windshield of my car. if it pops out of your motorbike while you are moving.... hmmmm tsk,tsk,tsk
    just my 2 cents
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

I love how you executed it, xtiansy.

I saw MyMitsuPH (the official mitsubishi club of the phil) on your signature. I'm the administrator there. Let me know if you need help or anything. Sorry for the promotion y'all.

Kawasaki ar80 and Yamaha fzr 250 owner here. However, all of my sisters and my gf are against my bikes.
      SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
        Very nicely mounted, thanks for sharing... but my concern is during stoplights, it might be a magnet for snatchers and other lawless elements. Also the 250 is not waterproof or rain proof, unlike the nuvi 550. Ingat lang bro...
        yeah it's not water proof but i use my car when it's raining or about to rain. i thought about that when i cruised along recto manila to get my gf's orders from one of the establishments there...scary...but they have to run faster than my glock's...hehe!

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi sir,

can the nuvi withstand the vibration and impact of the road in a motocycle?

sometimes the suction cup of my nuvi just pops out of the windshield of my car. if it pops out of your motorbike while you are moving.... hmmmm tsk,tsk,tsk
        just my 2 cents
        i have tried the mounting running 154kph with all the vibrations and thank God it's still intact. but i know what you're saying. it might actually just pop out and see it bouncing and being ran over on the streets...i'm thinkin of a way on how to make it secured on my dash.

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
        I love how you executed it, xtiansy.

I saw MyMitsuPH (the official mitsubishi club of the phil) on your signature. I'm the administrator there. Let me know if you need help or anything. Sorry for the promotion y'all.

Kawasaki ar80 and Yamaha fzr 250 owner here. However, all of my sisters and my gf are against my bikes.
        thanks boss! i can't login to the forum right now. anyway i get to use my ss once a week na lang, lakas sa gas. hehe! sorry OT.

wow an ar80 is a fast bike. my gf's not against by bike she's just irritated when i ride my bike under a bright sunshine. haha!

"ang init init magbbike ka! masunog ka sana"

i replied...

"baby i can get there 10x faster, you get to see me again 10x earlier."

more power RoadGuide!
        Last edited by xtiansy; 08-22-2009, 15:52.
        - Lost No More -

Comment

more pix! hope others will share too!

- Lost No More -

Comment

Hey X!!! Nice setup. I also have a Nuvi 255W and a Streetpilot. Still trying tofigure out how to securely mount the GPS on my Maxi as well. The aside from the unit being at risk of falling off, another factor is the theft issue.

I did order an MC Mount for the Nuvi & I hope its a good mount. Will update everyone soon....

Also love the Zumo pero mabigat sa Bulsa pa for now. Will wait till prices stabalize muna...

See ya sa MCP...

Comment

Please don't use bold text next time, masakit sa mata...

Comment

i use my iphone and earphones with tomtom north america heheheh

Comment

Motorcycle Mount

Here is how i mount my China GPS when i ride my motorcycle, got the idea from youtube but did not want to lose a sidemirror which is why i mounted it on the speedometer instead, velcro tape hold the unit surprisingly well, ive tried using the suction mount but it was too risky and the unit might fall off plus it was too eyecatching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUxI4NAE3HU

Comment

Its a great idea to uses of the GPS system on the motor bike . Its set as like the it set on the desk board of the bolero . Its helps for finding the target.

Comment

I recently ran the Petron Endurance run and I used my Nuvi 1450. After a couple of experiments at mounting the GPS on my scoot I decided to bite the bullet and just get the RAM Mount kit. Good thing they had the medium/wide box available since the 1450's a pretty big boy and I was afraid they didn't keep it in stock.

Worked perfectly, save for a few power interruptions due to a loose lighter plug.

Will try to post pics as soon as I can set up the rig again.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                        The Ram Mounts that come with the Zumo has held up on light to moderate offroad terrain so far and it looks like it will be able to take extreme bashing. However the Zumo mount from TouraTech seems more solid.
                        tfs sir.

Comment

here is my rig , 276c using ram mount
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chaz2009 View Post
                            here is my rig , 276c using ram mount
                            Nice pics. Perfectly match with your bike.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Comment

OMNIA on my raider r150

Last edited by bentot; 02-28-2011, 18:46.

Comment

Bentot

Nice, Lets Ride

Comment

Working...
                                X