This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
    Conroe and Anthony Pinoy, can you please update us about your Nuvi 260 units how if you were able to turn on the 1sec tracking? We'd appreciate it so we can update the database
    Hi, sorry, just read about this now. I can activate the 1sec track recording on my 260W by doing the 1-2-3-4 sequence.
    Garmin 260W

Comment

4. 1350 (a)

Ways to access:
      (a) In Map view, press speed button on lower right, then press the center of the circular speedometer on the center left screen for 5 sec. You will get to the diagnostic page, press "diagnostic logging" and then press Start recording. 1sec tracks is on, and will display "New log recording" when you turn on your unit.

(d) Some models with latest firmware might have an option to save 1sec logs as bin or gpx file. Always choose the gpx option if asked. Then the 1sec track files can be found in the Nuvi unit in the .system/log/gpx copy to your computer drive and open with mapsource wNutrak not necessary anymore.
      Arvin,

my 1350 has the (d) option. just want to ask about the two other variables that can be adjusted:

Mem Handle Size: 1024 (default)
      Options: 128, 256, 384, 512, 640, 768, 896, 1024, 1152, 1280, 1408, 1536, 1664, 1792, 1920, 2048, 2176, 2304, 2432, 2560, 2688, 2816

Number of Handles: 5(default)
      Options: 1 to 14

For purposes of tracking(1sec) a long roadtrip, should I change the default values? if so, to what? Max?

Also, I can't seem to find the path .system/log/gpx in my unit.

BTW, OT>just saw how to delete 1sec tracks from the unit. thanks.
      Last edited by joeybar; 01-23-2011, 11:56. Reason: add question

Comment

Joey,

Sorry but unfortunately I do not have first hand experience with Option D because we just recently figured it out through Opserrano another RG member/contributor. You might want to read the posts here:
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4&page=11

Hopefully OP will chime in or if not send him a PM or something, then please share with us on this topic what settings you used.

But yeah if I were to guess, I'd say stick with the defaults

For very long road trips, and I am really just spitballing here, choose a high handle size and a high handle number... just because high means probably higher capacity! I might be wrong though. The nice thing about a GPX based log system is that you will be able to easily cut the GPX file from your GPSR and onto a PC and or a USB drive, etc. to open up more space for more tracks.

Regarding your question about the folder, please try out the default settings as above mentioned, then test it out for a drive or two then look for the folders, coz chances are if you haven't tried it yet the folders might not have been made by the GPSR yet.

Good luck and please do post here for updates and clarifications, or in your original topic.

ADMINS: Kuya Pokz, Kuya Doki, and the 2 Pogis (you know who you are) is it possible to request that post no. 43035, which contains the summary of the garmin Nuvi units and their 1 sec track logging system maybe be made a sticky? Maybe a separate post for just that info? Reason is that it is getting buried in the middle of this topic!

TTFN
        Arvin

Comment

ADMINS: Kuya Pokz, Kuya Doki, and the 2 Pogis (you know who you are)

hmmm.......you mean pokz and doki are not pogi!!!! :sly:

mwahahahaahahahaa j/k

TTFN....
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Arvin,

thanks again for your reply.

just read a post from DOKI explaining how to access the log:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....&postcount=275

i think this solves all my issues for now.

Comment

Quote:Originally Posted by arvin555
              ADMINS: Kuya Pokz, Kuya Doki, and the 2 Pogis (you know who you are)

hmmm.......you mean pokz and doki are not pogi!!!!

mwahahahaahahahaa j/k
              So that is why the request was not approved

Kuya Pogi Pokz and Kuya Pogi Doki can you please consider my request?

Joey glad that you have figured it out, but if you are able to determine specific settings for the file size and the handles please post for other member's reference

TTFN
              Arvin

Comment

So that is why the request was not approved

Kuya Pogi Pokz and Kuya Pogi Doki can you please consider my request?

Joey glad that you have figured it out, but if you are able to determine specific settings for the file size and the handles please post for other member's reference

TTFN
                Arvin
                hey, i already made it sticky last night even without the pogi thing.

Comment

i think kuya arvin is suggesting that his post (#43035 or post#25 of this thread) be sticky. is this correct kuya arvin?
                  kuya pokz already made the thread sticky, but kuya arvin's post is part of this thread #25 and we could not make it as separte thread kasi the topic would be redundant as it's an update of kuya hbt's first post.

perhaps we could incorporate the two and just update the first post.
                  what do you guys think?

Comment

kuya reiji solved it na. here http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3696

everything compiled in 1 post link.
                    nice idea kuya reiji

Comment

anybody know if the 885t has the 1s track feature? and how to activate it?

Comment

Originally posted by balongbalong View Post
                        anybody know if the 885t has the 1s track feature? and how to activate it?

kuya balong,

did you try doing the 1234 sequence?
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

also (d) on 1350..

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                            kuya balong,

did you try doing the 1234 sequence?
                            uncle hbt,

yup, i tried the 1234 sequence aka "inverted U" but sadly it did not work.
                            Last edited by balongbalong; 02-02-2011, 15:20.

Comment

kuya balong,

try this:http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=10

if it still doesnt work, then
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

^ didn't work either, there's no 1s track log for the 885t

Comment

Working...
                                X