Waypoints to Baler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
    I feel bad, sorry. But on dirt bikes or maybe even bigger enduros with knobbies I would go for it.

So it's a yes then.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyU View Post
      That settles it. If beerboy says no then no it is.
      It's Beerboy's way of saying you should go. Reverse psychology 101.

Comment

haha giocamoto and Triggerfish.

I've got enduro tires not knobbies

Comment

Picture depicted is 57km zigzag long mixed rough and pavement road... it probably will take 2 to 3 hours driving with car..

Last year, that is a bridge made out of sand.. and its can easily wash away...

What I remember going from Cabanatuan to San Luis.
          Last year, we rent a van, took us 4.5 hours travel time
          and this year.. mountain biking took us 7 hours from Cabanatuan to San Luis. the best part goes from Aurora Province Arc going down to San Luis..

Last year

Stories or rumor says that the Nueva Ecija Governor or Mayor dont intend to fix this road..

and the Pantabangan road is sponsored by some senator due to his bus business...
          Last edited by Zang1975; 10-04-2011, 13:22.

Comment

thanks Zang1975

I love the elevation chart

Comment

Maybe good for us who love the dirt if they don't fix this road?

The Pantabangan - Baler road was also an unpaved trail just a few years ago. The cemented part was just about 14kms from Pantabangan town, then it was offroad heaven all they way.

Comment

Maybe good for us who love the dirt if they don't fix this road?

The Pantabangan - Baler road was also an unpaved trail just a few years ago. The cemented part was just about 14kms from Pantabangan town, then it was offroad heaven all they way.
                ah.. yes.. i forgot... the pantabangan to baler is also unpave...

Comment

Originally posted by Zang1975 View Post
                  ah.. yes.. i forgot... the pantabangan to baler is also unpave...
                  Just for update, went to Baler last wknd and the road from Pantabangan to Baler was already in good condition (95% paved with tolerable rough roads). There are short unpaved roads, im not sure if that is in Castaneda or Alfonso town, but the unpave roads are usually when approaching and after some short bridges (6 bridges all in all) before reaching Baler. In summary, the road to Baler from Pantabangan have improved already and this will likely call for more local tourist in the area.

Btw, my route for my road trip was----Manila > SCTEX > La Paz > Zaragoza > Aliaga > Talavera > Llanera > Rizal > Pantabangan > Maria Aurora > Baler. Perfect road trip with no traffic all the way. Avoided traffic from Cabanatuan.

Mapped some 60+ waypoints along the way and recorded new tracks to assist our RG community/members when visiting Baler. Cheers!
                  Last edited by Loop; 03-26-2012, 16:18.
                  If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Loop View Post
                    Mapped some 60+ waypoints along the way and recorded new tracks to assist our RG community/members when visiting Baler. Cheers!

Comment

Just for update, went to Baler last wknd and the road from Pantabangan to Baler was already in good condition (95% paved with tolerable rough roads). ..... Cheers!
                      Cool. I was there too during the weekend, stayed Bay-ler. Surprised at the good number of visitors. Maybe our next EB should be there.

Comment

Cool. I was there too during the weekend, stayed Bay-ler. Surprised at the good number of visitors. Maybe our next EB should be there.
                        Agree! Good nos. of visitors = improved roads, budget hotel rates and very nice hiking, surfing, majestic waterfalls swimming venue.

I stayed at Aliya Surf Camp and Hotel. Food, accomodation, rates--sure winner!
                        If there's a WHEEL, there's a WAY!

Comment

Agree! Good nos. of visitors = improved roads, budget hotel rates and very nice hiking, surfing, majestic waterfalls swimming venue.

I stayed at Aliya Surf Camp and Hotel. Food, accomodation, rates--sure winner!
                          All I did was eat, drink, sleep and watch them surfers.

Looking forward to seeing your photos in the Picture Cave.

Comment

Updates?

Hi All,

Planning to go to Baler this coming summer break, will be going via private car.
                            Any updates as to the road conditions? Car friendly?
                            Can anyone share some tracks too.
                            TIA

Comment

Baler Track

Here"s the track from my recent trip to Baler. April 9. Note that most bridges going to Baler have rough roads before and after the bridge. Also, that stretch where I marked single lane has got awfully high humps. Not just one but several. If your car is lowered, expect to scrape the bottom. A 4X2 vehicle or 4X4 are highly recommended.

Stop by the Petron station in Pantabangan. It is the last gas station before you get to Baler. No air to pump up your tires though in this station. There is a vulcanizing shop somewhere in Pantabangan.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
                                Here"s the track from my recent trip to Baler. April 9. Note that most bridges going to Baler have rough roads before and after the bridge. Also, that stretch where I marked single lane has got awfully high humps. Not just one but several. If your car is lowered, expect to scrape the bottom. A 4X2 vehicle or 4X4 are highly recommended.

Stop by the Petron station in Pantabangan. It is the last gas station before you get to Baler. No air to pump up your tires though in this station. There is a vulcanizing shop somewhere in Pantabangan.

cool!!!
                                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                                X