Waypoints to Baler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoints to Baler

I'm going to Baler early morning Thursday, April 1, and was hoping someone can share with me their waypoints to the destination. Someone already shared their .gpx file with me and I was able to upload it into the Garmin, but when I try to navigate to it, I get an error message saying "Unable to calculate to the destination..."

Can someone help, please? Would be nice to be able to use it for this trip. I've been using my Garmin to collect data but haven't gotten around to uploading it yet. This would be the first time I will be able to use it to actually get to a destination I've never been to before so any assistance would be well appreciated. Thanks!

You may email me at cktbulk@gmail.com.

If you want the easy way, pass via Pantabangan. If you're like me, take the offroad route via Bongabon.

To bypass Cabantuan traffic, see attached route from the SCTEx.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow. This would be handy for our June trip to Baler. Thank you, Beerboy!

Comment

You're welcome. If you're trying to excape the crowd, head towards Dinadiawan (still in Aurora) there's a nice quiet resort there called the Rock and Sand.

Comment

to baler

i tried using my garmin 200 with the maps from roadguide, but i lost the maps and the waypoints when i reached baler. dont know whether it was due to to a bit of wave splash or hardware error, but it would not show the rp maps anymore.

But anyway just to give a feedback (as of dec 25 2010), the road to baler via rizal-pantabangan town has evolved tremendously this past year. my sisters went there three times in 2010 but each time they found the road getting better and better. The uncemented roads is now only less than 5 kms after pantabangan and also on the different bridges approaches along the way after pantabangan.

In the hotel where we stayed, there were 2 vehicles which used the old road from bongabong, and their vehicles were covered in thick dust from top to bottom.

bong

Comment

Gee, I didn't realize I haven't logged in for a long time.

Yes, the Bongabong route is an offroader's dream. I remember one time while having having beer in the evening in Baler, a couple of guys on big road bikes arrive at the hotel cursing. Apparently they followed a printed map that depicts this route as a paved road.

Comment

Can I have an update on this road?

Cuz I tried plotting a route from Manila to Baler and it won't plot through Bongabon. There's a bridge that won't plot through.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

The bridge is made out of wood... the road after bongabon are rough road... though it is a main road and the shortest one... not ideal to pass through by car...

not sure if they build it concrete now...
                Last edited by Zang1975; 10-01-2011, 19:08.

Comment

I wouldn't pass there when there's a storm, the wooden bridge washes out easily. There is an outpost a few kilometers after you turn right on Bongabon, you can ask the PNP personnel there if the bridge is out. There is also a landslide prone area, bikes can usually pass through but bigger vehicles have to wait a long time for it to be cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
                    I wouldn't pass there when there's a storm, the wooden bridge washes out easily. There is an outpost a few kilometers after you turn right on Bongabon, you can ask the PNP personnel there if the bridge is out. There is also a landslide prone area, bikes can usually pass through but bigger vehicles have to wait a long time for it to be cleared.

Nice, Beerboy! That's an HP2 and the rider looks just a tad leaner. Is that Bosero?

Comment

Originally posted by Triggerfish View Post
                      Nice, Beerboy! That's an HP2 and the rider looks just a tad leaner. Is that Bosero?
                      Yup. His first long adventure ride. Btw, it's for sale....

Comment

Thank you Zang1975 and Beerboy.

We may ask the outpost at Bongabon how passable it would be.

We'll be in KTM 690 SMC's, Enduro's, Multistrada 1200's. Maybe a couple of Duke 690's which aren't really built for offroad. Not much offroad experience. But we did just do Sagada thru Cervantes. Do you think we'll be able to do this route?

Planning to ride it this Friday.

Thanks again guys.

BTW, Bosero is for sale?!?

Comment

You're welcome. Hard to say if you can ride through it or not, specially just after 2 storms. I personally won't (and I've done some scary sh*t before).

Yes Bosero's HP2 is up for sale.

Comment

That settles it. If beerboy says no then no it is.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyU View Post
                              That settles it. If beerboy says no then no it is.
                              I feel bad, sorry. But on dirt bikes or maybe even bigger enduros with knobbies I would go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X