X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nroute

hi guys,

why can't my nroute detect my nuvi?
    is there a settings that i should change?

thanks
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi guys,

thanks
      methinks Nroute works only for GPS mapping specific handhelds like the Garmin Etrex, 60/76 series other Garmin handhelds... if you can make the Nuvi work for Nroute it would be a most welcome tip for other Nuvi users

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
        hi guys,

thanks
        nuvi and nroute = not compatible
        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Since I don't have a garmin device, I decided to look for help from mister google so that I can make nroute work with my Holux M-1000B.

From my researching, I found this -> Using nRoute with non-Garmin bluetooth GPS receiver. All the tools there are freeware so no warez are involved.

Another more direct method is by installing GPSGate. Since it's only trialware, you'd have to buy it eventually.

Of the two, the GPSGate is more effective since I got the dreaded "always searching for satellites then disconnecting" symptoms when I tried the first approach.
          I'd still recommend the first method since all the tools are free

Hope I've imparted something new
          Last edited by warfab; 07-08-2009, 16:30.

Comment

hi, the garmin nroute page is no longer there, where can I download nroute?

Comment

Originally posted by toyger View Post
              hi, the garmin nroute page is no longer there, where can I download nroute?
              try link at post no 1 of this thread.
              just tried it now, its still ok.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks! i should have checked this... but i was using the link in the other thread - "How to Get it"... salamat po

Comment

is it possible to use nroute on a mobile phone enabled gps? an e71 or perhaps a samsung i780?

Comment

Originally posted by ntiangco View Post
                    is it possible to use nroute on a mobile phone enabled gps? an e71 or perhaps a samsung i780?
                    Nope. For gps enabled smartphones, use Garmin Mobile XT.

Comment

hi guys, newbie here.. so i have an acer aspire one..

so all i need to do is download mapsource and then download all the links from the nroute thread and then hook up a bluetooth gps receiver then im off.. is that right?

sorry for my newbie queries.. after reading everything i think i got it all but i just want to make sure.. thanks..
                      Last edited by servo_kit; 08-06-2010, 07:01.

Comment

Originally posted by servo_kit View Post
                        so all i need to do is download mapsource and then download all the links from the nroute thread and then hoop up a bluetooth gps receiver then im off.. is that right?
                        yup... kinda.
                        you'll also need a ph map.
                        got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

i see.. tnx sir legtu.. where do i get a bang for the buck gps receiver? i believe it's just plug n play right? i already have downloaded everything now. all i need, and i think i got it all right so far, is a gps receiver... damn i wish i could make this thing work.. sir legtu i hope you wouldn't mind, but can you give me a link of where to download the best most recent updated philippine map for my laptop mapsource? tnx sir..

Comment

@servo_kit
                            i'd recommend buying the gps device online, either through an online store or ebay. there ain't much choices if you try to buy locally(if ever you find one) and they tend to be overpriced.

a usb gps(also called a gps mouse) is cheaper but its felixibility is very limited since it requires a usb interface for power and data communication. bt gps's are a little more expensive but you can use it with a pc, pda or smart phone. other bt gps's also comes with a built-in memory for stand-alone logging. both of them usually requires some sort of driver so they're not exactly plug-n-play but you won't usually need to configure anything though to make them work.

look for a gps with sirf III(or maybe sirf IV) or mtk II chipset.

the basic roadguide ph map can be downloaded from this thread. you'll have to become a 'contributor' if you want the latest roadguide ph map. you can check out the threads in the how-to sub-forum for infos regarding on how to become a contributor, etc...

Comment

problem with finding GPS

I have installed nRoute and got it running with 1.13i. Connected my GPSmap62st to my laptop with USB cable in same way that normally connect to transfer data but nRoute cannot find GPS on either seriel or USB port. Suspect I am doing something stupid - so help appreciated. Is ther a setting I must change?

Comment

@JDCOOPERPH
                                afaik most stand-alone/portable gps devices doesn't have an interface for sending out location coordinates, etc. their built-in port is usually used only for data transfer between the internal memory and pc.

Comment

Working...
                                X