Using NRoute in your laptop for navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem finding GPS

Solved this one. On my 62st, if I switch the interface from "Garmin Seriel" to "Garmin Spanner" I can connect to nRoute through usb port on my laptop. nRoute then works fine.

Comment

Congrats on your new toy, barely a month out of the market eh? Any reviews soon? TIA.

Just wondering why it's a hundred bucks more expensive than the S when it has a smaller interneal memory (or is this just a typo in the Garmin site)?
      Last edited by B2Bomber; 08-08-2010, 10:39. Reason: 6-minutes late in trying to help with the serial/spanner mode...
      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

nRoute works fine with my 276C paired it to my desktop, nice to see big screen simulating the route with loud voice.
        the only problem is i need a very long power cable to utilize it for navigation. harharhar

Comment

i prefer Garmin Mobile PC, the graphics is better than nRoute. screen display is similar with garmin mobile xt or nuvis

Comment

Originally posted by rhodor View Post
            i prefer Garmin Mobile PC, the graphics is better than nRoute. screen display is similar with garmin mobile xt or nuvis
            i also prefer mobile pc... only setback is that it's not free.
            got a question? google it or do a forum search.

Comment

Hi guys,

I bought myself a Sony VAIO Z-series last year in Hong Kong, its the Z137GG, and the only Z-series model equipped with a 3G modem. For those of you interested, many of the other VAIO series models have 3G modems installed, and if its the Gobi unit, it comes embedded with a GPS! Sony will never tell you about it though.

Anyway, I have used it effectively in the past with nRoute, Mapsource and GPSGate installed. The VAIO becomes a very effective navigation tool if set up correctly and works brilliantly with the MC map. You still need a Garmin GPS along with an unlock code from the Judge (I am sure by now everyone knows how to get the upgraded (MC) map - by contributing...) to first unlock the map in Mapsource, along with your other installed mapsource products, before it would work in nRoute. GPSgate is not free, but the small fee I paid was definitely worth it.

For those of you interested in turning your Sony VAIO (with the right hardware), here's a guide I posted some time ago on a different forum:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony...pcz-137gg.html

Cheers Rudi
              ________
              Headshops
              Last edited by rudirautenbach; 09-10-2011, 15:01.

Comment

i'll try this one. accurate ba?
                - Lost No More -

Comment

Originally posted by rhodor View Post
                  nRoute share the same maps with Map Source, how about Garmin Mobile PC? Where can we download maps?

Comment

Originally posted by joeyboy_rg View Post
                    nRoute share the same maps with Map Source, how about Garmin Mobile PC? Where can we download maps?
                    You can download RG's free map and use Mapsource to generate the map file for Mobile PC...

Comment

Working...
                    X