The Inner Luzon Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beerboy View Post
    Hehe, plus when I'm riding it it looks like a 125cc.
    Yes i can imagine from the pics...

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
      Hi Teng,Great pictures /adventure. Is the Pamora farm available for visitors/tourist which I can take my family for this forthcoming holy week or only for private guest? I checked their website but seems not mentioned. Need accomodation for 1 night etc. Coming from Vigan, place seems not far and very near the highway only.
      Yes it is. They have rooms and huts available. You just have to call them to make reservations. They're very hospitable.

Comment

Yes it is. They have rooms and huts available. You just have to call them to make reservations. They're very hospitable.
        Thank you very much. Anyone dare for EB?

Comment

P90 what a bargain.

The food at these places always makes the journey so worth it. Now I'm hungry.

Comment

Here are some more photos (courtesy of Sid Campos):

Those clouds over there look like crispy pata and kare-kare...

Crossing the river...

Then swimming in it...

I need a bath and a labandera...

Wow a working bridge! Let's cherish the moment...

Comment

Congrats!

IdoL Beerboy done it again...one up for the books!...
              [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

Comment

hi BeerBoy, absolutely awesome pics! Love it!

Comment

Made a side trip in this farm (Pamora)last week as previously visited by our master rider Beerboy. See enclosed tracks. I do not have dirt bike so we need to use a tractor and horse coming from the farm going to the river) Unfortunately the tractor cannot continue farther hence we need to walk approx 600 m++ x 2 (back and forth in the middle of nowhere ) get into the river. The track (600m ++) is previously submerged in water but not anymore. Accuracy of gps was fairly ok in this open land getting 2 meter.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                    Made a side trip in this farm (Pamora)last week as previously visited by our master rider Beerboy. See enclosed tracks. I do not have dirt bike so we need to use a tractor and horse coming from the farm going to the river) Unfortunately the tractor cannot continue farther hence we need to walk approx 600 m++ x 2 (back and forth in the middle of nowhere ) get into the river. The track (600m ++) is previously submerged in water but not anymore. Accuracy of gps was fairly ok in this open land getting 2 meter.
                    nice pose kuya just like bong revilla nice pics
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Nice! Nice time to explore the area.

Comment

Nice pics!

Wondering if I could do it with a mere Honda Wave 100 ...

Comment

Originally posted by kinyo View Post
                          Nice pics!

Wondering if I could do it with a mere Honda Wave 100 ...
                          Might be quite difficult in some parts as the Wave's suspension travel is not as big as a dirtbike. But the locals seem not to mind and I see a lot of smaller bikes in the remote areas.

Comment

Kinyo

Probably not a good idea going offroad with it, believe me, ive tried

Beerboy

Awesome pics and ride

Comment

Originally posted by Apex View Post
                              Kinyo

Probably not a good idea going offroad with it, believe me, ive tried

Beerboy

Awesome pics and ride
                              Thanks Apex.

I've seen locals on underbones cross rivers faster than me on my 450cc enduro/motocross bike. It's the indian not the arrow daw. Haha.

Comment

Thanks ravewave.

Aside from the bag on my cargo bag, I have a backpack with a hydration pack, toiletries, first aid kit and some food. The bag on the bike has my clothes, pair of slippers and tools. You have to travel light when doing offroad, basically a shirt/
                                discount underwear a day. Sleeping clothes (short/shirt) can last a few days. A warm (but thin) sweater helps as well. You wear the same riding pants/upper garment everyday (ewwww...). Dri-fit shirts are cool as you can wash and drip dry them. You can even wear them wet in the morning and it'll be dry in a few minutes.

The WR has inner tubes. I bring spare inner tubes strapped to the front fender. I bring basic tools that will allow me to remove the wheels and tires, change the tubes, spark plug, etc. Standard wrenches, screw drivers, small vise grips, super glue, duct tape, cable ties, tire irons (for removing the tire from the wheel). I also bring an electric air pump. Flashlight pa pala and extra batteries. If you have a 12v charger for your phone, the better. A multi-tool on you is mighty helpful.

My first aid kit consists of wound dressings, betadine, alcohol, medicine (colds, anti-diarrhea, anti-spasm, etc), bandages, burn ointment and lots of pain killers. Hehe. I bring some crackers and candy bars as well (no fancy energy bars please).

Some of my advise:

When you're tired, stop. You have nothing to prove.

Keep it cool on the road (or offroad).

Respect the locals. Wave, smile once in a while.

When riding through populated areas, do not rev your engine loudly.

Stop at checkpoints.

Do not bring fancy military/police calling cards. Your license alone is ok.

Make an "In Case of Emergency" Card. With your name, age, blood type, medicines, allergy and contact persons.

oh and most importantly...

Enjoy the ride.
                                i am just planning to start my first bike trip around Canada. I believe the post information will help in my ride. Which other things which I must carry or not carry along? Waiting for some good suggestions..
                                Last edited by MatthewBarton; 05-07-2013, 12:18.

Comment

Working...
                                X