Two Questions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Questions:

Firstly, I want to thank the mods of Roadguide Philippines for the map you provide your users. I am very new in the use of GPS devices, and very interested in the use of it.

I have two questions, and I hope someone out there can help me out;

1) How can I contribute waypoints, to be able to get the upgraded version of the map?

I noticed that there are some streets within my village that are not yet included in the standard map I downloaded. I want to be able to contribute to be able to update the existing database you already have, and hence be privileged with the upgraded version of the map.

2) How can I set-up my Garmin Mobile XT properly?

I am using Gamin Mobile XT installed in an HTC Touch 3G. It works perfectly fine, except that sometimes, it cannot locate satellites. Then I have to adjust the GPS program port (COM0, COM1, etc.) settings of my device, which is a trial and error process. If I set it to the correct port, Mobile XT, as well as the pre-installed Google maps work perfectly already.

Many thanks!!!

Originally posted by shellcourt View Post

1) How can I contribute waypoints, to be able to get the upgraded version of the map?

I noticed that there are some streets within my village that are not yet included in the standard map I downloaded. I want to be able to contribute to be able to update the existing database you already have, and hence be privileged with the upgraded version of the map.
    welcome to roadguide.
    dont compare with std map, its quite old.
    download demo map 1.11 and compare with it instead.
    its latest map and can be opened in mapsource, if you become contributor, you will be given an unlock code so you can transfer it to your gps unit.
    check out our faq for newbies about contributing waypoints and tracks, link below.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
    X